Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: DASH=Dallas Area Super Heros

Downloads
    Uploads

DASH=Dallas Area Super Heros

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    This Game is already listed under the Play By Post section, generally meant for anyone who wants to try it, but I am also trying to re-establish a local game group. If interrested just jump in here and say so!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello!

Hello Spotlight, I have already accepted your friend invite. I'm interested, and would like to talk more. How many people do you have for the group?

thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well like I said, I am trying to get it re-established. This is an old campaign, started several years ago, and runs on the Champions system by HeroGames.

It is a generic style, and I find it easy to work, although some claim it crunches numbers to much. If you can find a book for it (Try Half-Price Books), all well and good. If no book available, don't worry, it is easy to teach, also.

I will continue to hunt for other players, but it seems that D&D is much more popular than four-color.
    Sure, Life IS like a bowl of cherries, but how SWEET they are depends on how much crap your willing to take to fertalize your DREAMS. Michael L. Cross

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I even have a book. Need to dig it up. You know, I always liked the HERO system. It always made more sense to me than armor types and hit points.

Well, keep me posted. Unfortunately I don't know any gamers.

thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Count me in too (if the days match for me) It sounds like alot of fun.
    Never trust a smiling GM, that's when they're dangerous.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool! How many are you looking for Spotlight?

Wbrandel- I love your quote.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually, I am going for as many or as few as will try it. This has a multi-story line set up. which means that more than one direction is available to RP into. I do request, when you build your character, givehim/her/it a couple of arch enemies/rivals. I like to intergrate those into the storylines.

Curently, Saturdays are best for me, AM PM or evenings. Good place to meet, Half-Price has nice areas just for this, free.

Have a better time and place let me know.
    Sure, Life IS like a bowl of cherries, but how SWEET they are depends on how much crap your willing to take to fertalize your DREAMS. Michael L. Cross

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've never been to one of these places. Sounds great if this is something that they have set aside for this purpose!

Currently, Saturdays are open, though every Saturday may be a challenge. I may need some flexibility in time and dates as different things come up. I would say pm or night would be preferable.

How long do you want to play? I've played 2 hour sessions and I've played 12 hour sessions. Prefer to lean toward the 2-4 hour sessions.

Even though I don't have my book, I do remember some things about the game and have some questions.

1. Any particular rules to the game? (no killing attacks, no mentalists, etc...)
    2. What power point base are we playing with? (Any particular power packages not available? I mean say elemental packages etc...)
    3. Is it set in a large city? Where?
    4. Do you have a preference in the persona. For example: Super man vs GI Joe. Both are hero's but very different. If no input, that's fine, I'll just make it as I want.
    5. Are other super hero common or are we the only ones?

Any other input here would be appreciated. This way I can start hashing this char out. Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    I do not have the books and currently my best days will be sunday at about 4 pm and thursdays anytime after 4 pm.
    Cool! How many are you looking for Spotlight?

Wbrandel- I love your quote.
    Thanks. one of my players gave me that by saying it all the time (usually when I was smirking)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would be intrested in playing. I'm not to familliar with hero system, but heard it was fun. my best day would be sundays after 4. I could possibly do an every other saturday in the PM if it didn't conflict with my Exalted game, or work since my job likes to have me close on some saturdays.
    Last edited by adaquacity24; 08-04-2009 at 12:42 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The name says it all, DASH--Dallas Area Super Heros. It is a modern era, local area, fun fest. Lots of chance to role-play, and battle, if you so chose. The only rule restrictions are on HOW you build your charcter, not on type.

Charaistic Maxima is in force. Any thing above 20 costs double, unless it is bought thru your powers or what ever. EXAMPLE: Mutant powers allow ONE characteristic to be raised above normal at regular cost and a second thru the powers itself. A Power Suit can do the same, but it must be PART of the suit.

Majik is available but is restricted to inherited factors (your mama) or exposure to a majical artifact.

Special High Tech is available, but watch that you do have some way to repair damage. Not everyone knows how.

Aliens DO exist, but so far only a dozen races have been excepted to the format, AND Earth is an un-known back-water planet.

Mutants are known to be about, and the Justice System does have Mutant detectors availabe for court rooms, both electronic and majical. They are expensive, like those metal detectors.

Super powers are not TOO common, about one out of one hundred thousand.

Otherwise history is pretty much as we know it, only a few details may not fully match.

Majik has only recently 'returned' to Earth, since the late Sixties, early Seventies, noone seems to know why ... yet. Thus elves, dwarves, dragons, and a few other real 'badies' have been sighted, but they seem to NOT want to be involved in Human affairs.

Now for the GOOD news. I finally landed a new job, after being laid off for the last nine months. So my schedual is slightly different. I will be going to work on Sunday afternoons so I will not be available for games on that day.

I, personally, still like all nighters, even though I have not done one with a group in, like, twenty years. Thus, Fridays and Saturdays are my available days currently. The Half-Price book store is open each day until eleven PM, so if any one wishes a more lengthy game, we would need a place.

I would love to host it, but I can't afford a maid. (hint,hint) Although, I love my 4' by 8' white board to draw on while describing things.

Power Levels, so far, unrestricted. Start at 100, and give yourselves 100 to 150 in disadvantages. For those who don't know the method, just come with your character idea and such, it doesn't take that long to build one up.

And please do not forget your arch-enemies. They get the same amout of points. They advance in the game by escaping custody or capturing heros. So, watch it. I will be aggressive with them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations on new employment!!

Well, as far as times are concerned, I can play Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.

Seeing that our GM can only play on Friday or Sat, I'm game for either though I prefer at night. I'm also game for all nighters, though they would need to be spread out.

Time: well if we play at half price, meeting at like 7pm on a Friday/Sat and playing till 10 or 11 sounds reasonable to me.

I would like to make a suggestion though, depending on you Spotlight, being your the GM. I'd like to make the first session working on char perhaps? It's been a long time since I've made one. I will personally have a few ideas already hashed out in my head but would like a little guidence to make sure I am within good parameters of the game. I asked the questions to get the ideas rolling as I've got one already.

I hope we can work this out, I'm excited to play Champions again.

What Half Price would we meet at? I looked them up, and there is one in Lewisville. Is that one good?

thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just downloaded the new Champions book for 20.00. Man, this looks way diferent than my old book.

Trying to think up a char idea, and drawing a blank. Oh well, lunch is over.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Friday till 10 pm sounds good and first session for char biuld sounds even better seeing how I do not have the book

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, this Friday won't work. I have a very heated Axis and Allies game with my 13 year old nephew scheduled that night.

Next Friday, I'm okay with.

We just need to hammer out the location.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast