Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: game thread

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation game thread

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Game thread
    Q: How many Call of Cthulhu players does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: All of them, because you never, EVER split the party!

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can change, and the weaponry to make the difference.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As you are wearily wandering though this small town, You see a sign above a door that reads 'The Caravan Inn'. The smell of good food comes wafting out the door. Right inside you see a very busy inn. There are lots of people sitting, eating and drinking. You see 4 barmaids weaving between tables.

A young lady about 15, walks up to you. "Hello and welcome to The Caravan Inn. Will you be staying here tonight?"

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can change, and the weaponry to make the difference.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A grizzly and bearded man sits inside the inn, his saber upon his hip. He scans the crowd with an unenthusiastic look upon his haggard face. He was by no means proud of this job, but times were tough and he needed what little coin was offered. Alden and Sara had been understanding and had asked few questions about his past, something that set his mind at ease. Sometimes its best to not know things.

As Lacy passed by him, he could not pull his eyes away from the swagger in her hips. She had slapped him a few days back, but he knew she had no hard feelings about it. These places seemed to attract drifters and they were rarely upstanding pillars of the community. He was hardly an exception.

He did know it was quickly approaching the time to continue on, he doubted anyone was still hunting him though it was always best to be safer then rotting in a prison cell. He could only hope Tymora was with him tonight and he would find some folk headed from here. Having a clear wind at your back and seated upon Veta there was little that he could not face, at least as long as he was not too hungover...

Downloads
    Uploads
    A man limps into the bar; his leg is dressed in slightly bloodstained bandages. He wearily nods to the young girl. Without saying another word, he continues into the inn.
    Despite his wounds he has a self confident aura around him which just barely falls short of outright arrogance. Slung over his shoulder is a hunting bow and a mostly full quiver, belted at his waist is a nondescript arming sword. He swaggers up to the bar as best he can with his wound, and slaps down a silver piece on the table.
    "Get me a brandy." He says. He sits back in a nearby chair.
    His hair is dirty blond, and his eyes are a yellowish brown.
    He stands at 73" and is sturdily built.
    As he waits for his drink, he examines the crowd. Some overly paranoid
    merchant here must have need of a hired bodyguard. I don’t think I could stand
    more caravan work.
    Last edited by Tlif; 12-01-2009 at 12:21 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A well dressed man in splint mail armor, a long sword is at his hip, and a symbol of Tyr is around his neck, he wipes the sweat off his forehead. His long brown hair is pinned up in a pony tail and his beard is well kept, he looks over at the middle aged woman once more, "She is still talking, is she possesd." he see's a nice size biulding, the sign says, 'The Caravan Inn'. He smiles and tells the lady, "Well, I will have to decline your offer, but I will check up on you tis evening, I... don't like to much company that much." he fibs a bit, he mostly needs to get away from her excesive talking. He smiles, bows and then walks into the inn.
    Last edited by Azar; 12-01-2009 at 10:10 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Standing at the sight of the slightly wounded man, Tam casually walks over toward the stranger. He could tell the look of another old swordsman and hoped he did not mind some company. There was little need for a bouncer till much later.

Moving up beside the man slowly, he heard the door open and admit a well dressed man. He wondered about what had brought him here, but they crowd was not too thick this evening and he bet he would hear his tale soon enough.

"Well met stranger, me name's Tam. Mind some company? I hate drinkin alone, its when ya know ya got a problem," with a sly grin which curls his unkempt beard. Tam was average in most ways, nothing generally striking. He was just another mercenary with a vice to drinking, something far more too common in this setting.

"How bout somethin to wet me whistle Alden," as he nods toward the bartender hoping he did not mind a few drinks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "The names Sorinar. I welcome the company Tam." He says. "You from here or passing through like me?".

Downloads
    Uploads
    With a slight grin, "Well was jis a passin through, but managed some room an' board for watchin these locals that get a few in em. Not much really, been looking for some folks headed anywhere I can scrounge some decent pay. Figured there would be some fat merchant in need of protecting him from an irate husband, but Beshaba got me luck," as he rests easily next to Sorinar.

He continues to casually scan the crowd for any sign of a rowdy customer or someone too far in their cups. He had never really had any problems here at this inn, at least anything a good saber rattle would not remedy.

"So that rich fella yer ride in?" as he nods toward the well dressed fellow that had recently entered.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorinar hadn't noticed the man before Tam brought him to his attention. He turns his head to look at him. "No, I came here alone, but now that you mention it, he does look familiar" He stares at the armored man for a few more moments before standing up. "Excuse me a moment friend." He says as he begins to walk over to the man. When he gets within speaking range off the well dressed man, he address him “Beg your pardon sir but what is your name?”.
    Last edited by Tlif; 12-01-2009 at 05:37 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A newcomer strolls into the inn at this point. The young man stands just over six feet in height with a trim build that's clearly defined by his tight-fitting black leather outfit. From his riding boots to his studded leather jerkin, to the cloak that flows around him, he is swathed in black. Even the scabbard at his hip and the hilt of the sword that rests within it are covered in black leather. Much of the man's black hair is pulled back in a pony tail or tucked under a do-rag that is set upon his head in the style of a pirate, thereby concealing its true length. The black stubble of a three-day old beard covering the man's firm lower jaw, only adds to his bad-boy appearance, while the gleam in his brown eyes and the slight grin on his handsome face belies the confidence of one notorious for his ways with the ladies. The overall impression of the young man seems to be that of one who is just as likely to cause trouble as he is to be the life of a party, possessing a sense of humor, and yet, unpredictably dangerous.

He steps up to the young lady who greets him at the door, smiles charmingly at her and gives her a slight bow as he says, "My, my, my. What have we here?" He looks the young girl over quickly from head to toe. "Do my eyes deceive me or is it the Princess of Cormyr herself who has come to greet me at the door? Well I can assure you that if such a pretty girl as you were to wait on me I could not possibly think of staying anywhere but here this night. Which reminds me..." The young man takes a moment to look about the room and seeing no form of musical entertainment present he reaches behind him and produces a mandolin that was strapped to his back. "Would you be so kind as to ask the proprietor of this fine establishment whether or not he would be interested in offering a wandering minstrel a reduced rate on a room in exchange for some entertainment? You see, it has been a long day, and Loreli", indicating his instrument, "and I are just aching to sooth our weary souls with the sweet sound of music."
    Last edited by Arkhemedes; 12-01-2009 at 09:39 PM.
    "Plan?...There ain't no plan!" - Pigkiller

Downloads
    Uploads
    Datu walked through the town, his stride was long as befit his legs, but his pace slow. His eyes were turned downward, surveying the ground. He didn't need to see what lay ahead because his mind dwelt only on what was behind him. His body however remained concerned with the present and at the present the body contained a powerful hunger.
    The heavy odor of stewed mutton barely registered in what was normally an overly alert mind, but it still managed to steer Datu down several streets and through the open door of the Caravan Inn. He hadn't even realized he was inside until the girl addressed him.

"My Kalleena would be her age now, she's married, with kids of her own." Datu
    thought. "I hope for her sake her hips are wider than this vine of girl."

The image of his daughter happily married with a family of her own brought a wistful sigh. He reached into his coin pouch and with gloved hands gave her 5 silver. He didn't bother to answer her question.
    "Bring me some ale. A pitcher and keep it full."
    With those words he turned away, never having lifted his face for her or the inn to see. He had rarely been treated poorly for his black skin, but the stares were hard to handle on a good day and this was not a good day.

Once he reached a dark corner where his form was sufficiently hidden he took the bamboo treated shield off his back reverently and before placing it on the ground next to him studied the picture of a young Tabaxi warrior fighting two Batiri Goblins. Next he took unslung his four foot spear and placed it against the wall with the foot and a half long blade facing downwards. He finally removed his hood, revealing his shame, a bright blue triangle on his forehead that seemed to shine in contrast with his ebony skin. He left his vest and woodland camoflouge on. They had their dirt and tares but he owned no nicer clothes. He wouldn't have worn them even if he did. He hadn't left the jungle that far behind.
    Sitting down as his beer arived he took in the scene.
    Last edited by Addicted2aa; 12-02-2009 at 02:00 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As the man walks in the inn, he sees a few people, he bows at the waitress and says, "I would like a meal, but I might not have enough." he shows the waitress the two silver peices. he looks embarresed, and then immediately says, "Uhh... never mind, I will leave now." he bows back to her and leaves the inn fast. He cetches up the the lady, "Actually, I will go with you." he blushes a bit.
    Last edited by Azar; 12-01-2009 at 10:18 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The young lady blushes at the bard. "A song would get you a reduced rate, yes sir. Please have a seat." she says as she waves you in.

"Aye. Yes sir. I will have it to your table" The young lady says to the darkskin man.
    --- Merged from Double Post ---
    He catches up the the lady, "Actually, I will go with you." he blushes a bit.[/quote]

The lady looks up at you as if you had never left and is actually still talking about the difference of the types of wheat. She has continued on with the conversation not realizing you weren't there. She is heading towards the other end of town towards what looks like a very expensive Inn.
    Last edited by traesin; 12-02-2009 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Double Post

Downloads
    Uploads
    The man looks at her, "Well, I guess i'll be staying in the stables tonight." m'lady, "I don't have much coin, so I hope that you can pay for yourself." he thinks to himself how rude that was, "I'm sorry." he says in one short, fast breath, "I didn't mean to make that sound so cruel, but I just don't have enough, for even a meal there, let alone a room." he start to scratch his head and smile, trying to not look embaressed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorinar didn’t reach the man before he left, so he shrugs and walks back to his newfound companion. "I probably was in his employ sometime, back in my early years. Were where you headed to before you started working here?“.

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast