Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Forgotten Realms Favorites

Downloads
    Uploads

Forgotten Realms Favorites

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    When playing in the FR what are your favorite parts?

Spells?
    Regions?
    Monster?
    Races?
    Etc.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My favorite spell is actually a type, i enjoy the rune crafting and create magic tattoo. so far my regions are well.. the Sea of fallen stars have Cormyr, the dragon's coast and the great dale. areas of which i have really enjoyed making more in depth in my campaigns. monsters well if you consider NPCs monsters the Simbal i find rediculous but cool. as for which race i like the most is really the veriaty of the other races that were already there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeneak View Post
    My favorite spell is actually a type, i enjoy the rune crafting and create magic tattoo. so far my regions are well.. the Sea of fallen stars have Cormyr, the dragon's coast and the great dale. areas of which i have really enjoyed making more in depth in my campaigns. monsters well if you consider NPCs monsters the Simbal i find rediculous but cool. as for which race i like the most is really the veriaty of the other races that were already there.
    i, too, like the variety of the pre-established races. more options. Instead of "I'm an elf" you could say "I'm a wood elf" or "I'm a sun elf".

I favor the Dalelands. Just so much there.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Put me down for regions and races. I feel like i am from there due to my reading of over 10,000 pages of Forgotten Realms novels, as well as playing a few F.R. modules.

Thoth-Amon

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoth-Amon View Post
    Put me down for regions and races. I feel like i am from there due to my reading of over 10,000 pages of Forgotten Realms novels.

Thoth-Amon
    I feel you there. Can't get enough of those FR novels. I don't know what it is. maybe its just the feel the setting has. but its amazing

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thriondel Half-Elven View Post
    When playing in the FR what are your favorite parts?

Regions?

Etc.
    My two favorites are Cormyr (I know is just std) and Thay oh! and Undermountain.

My favorite FR Gods are Ilmater, Bane and Shar. Lathander is Lame! I guess Tempus is OK.

Love the Volo's Guides...

Hate Elminister

From 3.X liked the fact that the "Prestige Classes" were tied to a "Background" (for most of them you needed to be part of some organization).
    Saluti
    Carlos

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't have a particular favorite part. FR is simply amazing. I find I can get imersed in the world while playing. Oh, I also can't stop reading the books. I guess you could say I'm a borderline fanatic when it comes to FR. It's Drizzt's fault I got hooked

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon2605 View Post
    I don't have a particular favorite part. FR is simply amazing. I find I can get imersed in the world while playing. Oh, I also can't stop reading the books. I guess you could say I'm a borderline fanatic when it comes to FR. It's Drizzt's fault I got hooked
    Ya i find that sometimes i get lost reading the FR setting book while i am trying to write an adventure. and i'm like. . .

"Whoa! It's what time already?" and look at my note book and i have one thing on there. . . "Adventure ideas"!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I never got into Forgotten Realms as a setting to play in, but it was fine to read about and I have a good number of supplement for same. I have grabbed part of FR to insert into my own world. The flavor is similar (I use more garlic and less oregano). Waterdeep is my favorite part as it is a near perfect analog for Seahaven in Thindacarulle. I've used the Waterdeep maps and source books to help me populate that city.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    The Dean of Old School
    The Olde Phoenix Inn
    Metro Detroit Linux Users Group

Downloads
    Uploads

FR

Quote Originally Posted by Dimthar View Post
    Hate Elminister
    Heh, my roommate absolutely hates Elminister. He reads every FR novel and loves the world, but hates Elminster with a passion. I never have been able to figure that out. I myself love everything there is about the Forgotten Realms. I have been running all my campaigns in the Realms since the day they printed the Forgottem Realms boxed set 1st Edition.

To me there is no better world, I have done just about everything from destroying half the world for one campaign to making magic outlawed for another to just running a straight high-magic realms game. Only Harn really comes close to a perfect setting.

Jeff

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcosby View Post
    Heh, my roommate absolutely hates Elminister. He reads every FR novel and loves the world, but hates Elminster with a passion. I never have been able to figure that out. I myself love everything there is about the Forgotten Realms. I have been running all my campaigns in the Realms since the day they printed the Forgottem Realms boxed set 1st Edition.

To me there is no better world, I have done just about everything from destroying half the world for one campaign to making magic outlawed for another to just running a straight high-magic realms game. Only Harn really comes close to a perfect setting.

Jeff
    I love the FR world too, and i too have run across folks that hate Elminster. Never understood why, either. Oh well, i guess someone has to hate him.

Thoth-Amon

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoth-Amon View Post
    I love the FR world too, and i too have run across folks that hate Elminster. Never understood why, either. Oh well, i guess someone has to hate him.

Thoth-Amon
    He's a PoV NPC. If I ran FR you would likely never meet him.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    The Dean of Old School
    The Olde Phoenix Inn
    Metro Detroit Linux Users Group

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Really the only way my players may(not would) run across Elminster is if they were pushing the 20th level mark and the theme of the campaign was relevent. Otherwise, no.

Thoth-Amon

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know much of Elminster. Aside from what was in the front of the setting book. And in there he seemed full of himself.

I never read the Elminster series. just couldn't get into them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the Shining South area of FR. It doesn't seem to appear in the FR books so I can customize it for my campaign as I like. It allows me to use parts of a familiar world, but not have to worry about running into conflicts with stuff my players have read.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast