Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 225

Thread: Game Thread: Chapter Three

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sylmar
    Posts
    1,017
    Blog Entries
    44
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    Game Thread: Chapter Three

    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Dark City: The Guid War
    Chapter Three


    It's time like these, you begin the question the path you choose...

    The thieves have been captured by a gang of sea faring bandits. Stripped of their armor, weapons, equiptment and spell components, they have been tossed into a stone prison blocked by a rusty iron door. The smell of the salty sea ocean fills their noses in the pitch black room. Only from the cracks of their door does some light linger and the sharp voice of their captives are heard.

    Madoka, bound, gagged and hooded for the first several hours of their arrival became aware of the medical attention given to Gisele and Blake before they gain consciousness. The muttering attendants mentioned that the Captain has summoned the Voice to question the three captives, all now aware they are from the Thieves Guild.

    A day passes and Gisel and Blake awaken from their unconciousness to find themselves in the cell with their comrade, Madoka, still bound.(unless she took a 20 in trying to get out of her bonds) However, their experience over the last 24 hours begins to seep in and they feel new strength and confidence. This is but a new challenge...

    (DM depending on your last Hitpoints you gain the benifits of a fulls day and nights rest while being attended--you gain twice your level. If you advanced, you gain those Hittpoints in addition to your healing. So Madoka, who suffered only 1 hitpoint would be at full for her level. You add 1/2 you hit die +1 for hit point advancemnet (ie d6 would be 4).

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Chatsworth
    Posts
    431
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I will indeed take 20 on Escape Artist (+3 mod) to slip out of my bonds. If successful, I will then use Sleight of Hand (+5 mod) to hide slip knots on my gag and ropes to make them appear tightly tied, but to enable quick escape if necessary.

    My L2 sheets are posted in the Roster.

    What happens next?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sylmar
    Posts
    1,017
    Blog Entries
    44
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Madoka manages to loosen her bonds and pull threads from her hood. She worked diligently to make them appear secure. As she works she hears various voices from the other side of the door noting the comings and goings of several footfalls.

    On the bottom of the door is small slot to introduce food but none has come since her capture. Instead, a basket has been left in the cell containing fish jerky, some rotten fruits, and onions. A jug of water has been left as well. A chamberpot has been also provided, but fortunately for Madoka, Gisel and Blake have been unconscious so the room has not been contaminated with waste.

    After she finally secures her bounds, she hears several voices murmuring on the other side of the door. One she recognizes is from the dark elf that captured her.

    (DM when the other PC's post, it indicated when they finally regain conciousness)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Chatsworth
    Posts
    431
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Roll/crawl over to the door and try to listen through the food slot. Taking 20 on the Listen check. Can I make out any conversation?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    323
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Gisele comes to with a groan. "Oh! I didn't think being awake could hurt so much!"

    She closes her eyes in pain, but as she keeps them closed, she becomes more peaceful. A tinkling chime sounds from nowhere and Gisele opens her eyes again, positively glowing with health.

    (Spending 3 PP to get to full HP)

    (My character sheet has been updated. It is still at http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=133230 . I took the Life Mantle which gives me a healing power.)
    Last edited by CaptainShar; 10-02-2009 at 02:08 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    40
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Blake wakes up, looks around, and begins muttering in Halfling while struggling against his bonds.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sylmar
    Posts
    1,017
    Blog Entries
    44
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Blake is happy to find he is not bounded, an unconscious prisoner need no restraining.

    Gisele uses her healing power (remember that you would have healed 4 hitpoints while unconscious--2 for level and 2 for the extra care. You also have all of your 2nd level hitpoints.)

    Madoka listens intently behind the door. The many voices murmur as the occupants pace. The Dark elf's voice is the most pronounced...

    "..that is the captain's orders."

    "Blimey, we got to baby sit these stinking thieves?!"

    "Don't be fooled. There something more to them. The Voice claims they are mere footpads... but none of the operation officers are in charge of them."

    "The Voice? When are we going to meet this bloke. He's been calling the shots here for over three months."

    "That is for Captain Mortimer to decide. We need to concentrate on getting the Light house ready for the Nymph's Kiss. It's due in port in three days."

    What about the fish men?

    A new liaison is expected.

    Good. Never like that Kell fellow.

    You can thank the thieves for that. They slaughtered that bloke and beheaded Whiska!

    We should let Ratkins have a go at them, Whiska was his brother!

    No. Ratkins needs to do his job. After we finish with the Nymph's Kiss we can throw them to the Skrag.

    You think those fish men will keep their bargain?

    The Captain trusts the Voice will deliver. He has yet to steer us wrong. Now, you know your duties, get to them.

    The shuffling of feet are heard and the room becomes quiet. The voice of the dark elf addresses another.

    The Voice is determined to know who these rogues are working with. He will won't be here until later tonight. Make sure nothing happens to them. The Voice was very clear he wants them clean for his...interogation.

    A short grunt is heard and the foots of the elf fade off. A large snort is heard and heavy footfalls move across the room. A large loud creak is heard as if a large mass was sitting in a chair.
    Last edited by wizarddog; 10-03-2009 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Spelling!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    323
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    (Only using 2 PP then. )

    "Did you catch what they were saying out there, Madoka?" asks Gisele in a whisper.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Chatsworth
    Posts
    431
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "Yeah."

    [Whispers the enemies' convo to Gisele and Blake.]

    "Seems like there's only one big thug out there now. He's probably not human. If one of you can lure him over so I can get a look at him I can try to Charm him. Then maybe we can get out. If he's not a humanoid we'll need a plan B. For plan B, I can cast an illusion of an empty cell. If both of you make noise he'll come look and when he sees an empty cell he's almost sure to unlock it and come in to see what happened. Then we jump him with all we've got. You can still use powers, right Gisele? We need to escape before they bring us to interrogation. There will be too many guards at that time to get away. Now's our chance."

    [I need a bit of fleece for Silent Image. Is it possible to get some from someone's clothes? I assume wool is about the most common civilized clothing material back then. Also I'm assuming if I lay on the floor I can peer out the food slot and at least see the hallway.]

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    323
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "If the guard's mind is weak enough, I can harm him directly through his brain, bypassing the body entirely. Generally the brightest are not left on guard duty. If he proves resistant, however, I can build a warrior to fight for me."

    Gisele gets up and stretches.

    "You feeling all right, Blake?"

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    40
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "I'm still hurt, but I feel... yes now I can make myself invisible for very very short periods of time. Not enough to help us out of our current situation, but I'm sure it will prove useful in the future."

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Chatsworth
    Posts
    431
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "Ok, one of you figure out a way to get the guard to come over. If he's humanoid I'll try to charm him. If he's not, I'm going with Plan B like we talked about."

    [Madoka slips out of her bonds and removes her hood and gag, and waits, peering through the food slot so she can get a look at the hulking guard if he approaches.]

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sylmar
    Posts
    1,017
    Blog Entries
    44
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    The food slot is closed and will not budge. Perhaps it has a latch on the other side. The gap below the door allows you to see 10 feet from the door. You do not have line of sight of any creature. You can target the floor outside, but that would be taking a risk of alerting the complex. After all, Gisel assumes that the creature is dim. There are many creatures which are not. And as far as Madoka knows, all of your captors assume her to be a "Wizard". And she knows they have been cautious with her and the others because they slew a wererat, saughin and two thugs (not to mention routed the rest). There enemy right now is not so disorganized as you would hope. They obviously are getting support from something or someone...

    (continue plans)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Chatsworth
    Posts
    431
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I gather material components for spells:

    Bits of fleece from clothes or maybe an old blanket for Silent Image.

    Fine sand from the floor of the cell or maybe even shaken out of our clothes or blankets for Sleep.

    Cured leather from clothes or pouches or bitten off of shoes or boots for Mage Armor.

    If I can see 10' from the door, I can see the guard if the others can draw him over.

    Plan A: Draw the guard over and I try to Charm Person on him with concealed spellcasting. (+10 Sleight of Hand vs. Spot)

    Plan B: Make an illusion of an empty cell and make noise so the guard comes. Jump him when he comes in to look around.

    Plan C: Blake turns invisible and we attract the guard, then when he comes in to look for Blake, we jump him.

    Plan D: I can use Disguise Self to disguise myself with a +14 Disguise mod. Not quite sure how we would use this to escape out of the cell though.

    Anyways, what do you guys want to do? A, B, C, D, or something else entirely?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    323
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "I'll try to get the guard to come over by asking where they've taken you two. That should get him worried that you guys have escaped! If you guys want to hide or turn invisible when he comes in to look, all the better!"

    "Come over here, Blake," Gisele heals him for 2 points of damage.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. RttToH: Chapter Four: From the Tomb, Into Shadow. (Game thread, ICC)
    By nijineko in forum Return to the Tomb of Horrors
    Replies: 592
    Last Post: 10-17-2014, 06:59 PM
  2. Replies: 102
    Last Post: 09-19-2014, 10:28 PM
  3. Game Thread: Chapter Two
    By wizarddog in forum Dark City: The Guild War
    Replies: 240
    Last Post: 09-30-2009, 02:35 PM
  4. Game Thread - Chapter 1
    By Fersboo in forum Survey of the Grey Mountains
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-18-2009, 09:44 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •