Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: The Iron Kingdoms

Downloads
    Uploads

The Iron Kingdoms

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    This thread will be where I add background information and common player knowledge for the campaign setting. I will do my best to keep this relevant and organized in some sort of fashion. Wish me luck on that part...
    --- Merged from Double Post ---
    So, new to Cygnar are you? I'll give you the five-farthing tour. The Kingdom is about two hundred leagues from east to west and about three hundred leagues from north to south. We've a few major rivers, a range of mountains as large and impressive as any you'll find on Immoren, the Gulf of Cygnar, scores of lakes, and more leagues of coastline than I could hope to measure. The capital is Caspia, far to the south, where the Black River empties into the gulf.

Cygnar's last ruler was King Vinter Realthorne IV - a cruel, evil man. Used to be you couldn't walk the streets without an inquisitor poking his nose into your business. After two decades of tyranny, his younger brother Leto led a coup that removed him from power. Unfortunatley with the help of those still loyal to him, Raelthorne the Elder managed to escape before his execution. They say he got away in some flying balloon, but the wind took him out over the Bloodstone Marches. No one has seen hide or hair of him or his black-hearted lieutenants. Most of them got themselves executed or sent off to Bloodshore Island prison, but they say some disappeared into the shadows and might still be lurking around.

I wouldn't worry about Realthorne the Elder or his men, though - he hasn't a chance of regaining the throne even if he's still alive. His brother Leto is a fine king and an honorable man. Under his rule Cygnar has become a much safer place, and things are looking up. So long as you stay within the cities or on the major trade routes nary a soul will bother you. The King's patrols are a common site, and they do a fine job at keeping the peace (though they can be heavy-handed). Don't cross them, my friend, or there'll be a warrant out on you before you know it.

There are railroads too, mostly further south of here. They started up in my granddad's time, but they've only been really taking off in the last couple decades. Years of work still to be done to get them wehere they want them - and pletny of taxes to be collected, I'll wager. Taxmen are almost as commonly seen as guard patrols, but at least they finance the mighty steamjacks that re helping lay track for those coal-fed, iron-wheeled locomotives.

Souther Cygnar is home to the great Wyrmwall Mountains, lush Midlund farmlands, and the coastline along the Gulf of Cygnar. If theres' one thing Cygnar has in spades, it's coastline. Swinging down around the horn by Mercir you enter the Broken Coast. Wouldn't want to be living down there, but they say Highgate is worth seeing at least once - they hoist ships up out of the water to keep 'em safe from pirates! The western coast goes along for what seems like forever with an assortment of sad villages and towns up 'till you reach the great city of Ceryl and its scheming wizards. Can't say that Caspia or Ceryl are my kind of cities. I get enough water from the rivers without needing an ocean nearby.

Up north we got forests and moors, swamp, and marsh. It's here, where the Black River and the Dragon's Tongue go their seperate ways that you find the city of Corvis. There's no other city like it, and stay here a while it'll grow on you. Nowhere else I'd rather be.

Cygnar Facts
    Ruler: King Leto Raelthorne
    Government Type: Monarchy
    Capital: Caspia
    Ethnic Groups & Approx. Population: Caspian (3,440,000), Midlunder (2,720,000), Thurian (1,200,000), Morridane (400,000), Goblin (265,000), Trollkin (250,000), Bogrin (135,000), Rhulfolk (120,000), Ogrun (100,000), Ryn (80,000), Tordoran (80,000), Idrian (40,000), Khard (15,000), Scharde (10,000), Iosan (8,000), Umbrean (7,000)
    Languages: Cygnaran (primary), Llaelese, Ordric, Rhulic, Khadoran, Sulese
    Climate: Temperate in the north and central region; moderated by prevailing southwest winds; more than one-half of the days are overcast in the north; sub-tropical to tropical in the south with frequent showers.
    Terrain: Mostly rugged hills and very mountainous in the central regions (Wyrmwall); mostly flat or gently sloping along the Black River; high plains along the northwest and central banks; swamps along much of the coastal lowlands in the south and southwest.
    Natural Resources: Coal, petroleum, mercury, natural gas, sulfur, tin, copper, limestone, iron ore, pyrites, salt, clay, chalk, lead, quartz, arable land.
    Last edited by Foghorn; 09-29-2009 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Double Post