Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Two Players Looking for a D&D Group - 3.5/4th

Downloads
    Uploads

Two Players Looking for a D&D Group - 3.5/4th

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hello, I am new to the site, so apologies up front if this is the wrong section. My friend Aeth and I are currently searching for a fresh group to play with, and a competent Dungeon Master. Both of us are tired of GMing other games and feel like being players. The campaign doesn't really matter to us, we just want to play.

-Preferably available for Saturdays. Other days that are plausible are Friday, late Sundays (CST) and Mondays.
    -We prefer a reliable group. We constantly meet groups that just plain don't show.
    -It needs to be Online. Not because we're afraid of meeting people; Aeth lives in California. I live in Illinois.

Those are really the most important things about the group. Hope to see some responses!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mezrin View Post
    Hello, I am new to the site, so apologies up front if this is the wrong section. My friend Aeth and I are currently searching for a fresh group to play with, and a competent Dungeon Master. Both of us are tired of GMing other games and feel like being players. The campaign doesn't really matter to us, we just want to play.

-Preferably available for Saturdays. Other days that are plausible are Friday, late Sundays (CST) and Mondays.
    -We prefer a reliable group. We constantly meet groups that just plain don't show.
    -It needs to be Online. Not because we're afraid of meeting people; Aeth lives in California. I live in Illinois.

Those are really the most important things about the group. Hope to see some responses!
    Hello Mezrin. I just joined this site a few minutes ago. I haven't played D&D for around 10 years, so I can be considered a brand new player. I am also interested in playing online. So...if you can handle my newbiness, I would be willing to play. If you're looking for more experienced players, I would not take offense.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You aren't the only rusty one; I've been mainly working on my own system and game, so D&D has gone unchecked for awhile. I'll be sure to alert you to any updates with the game.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually you have a start to a group here already. By the looks, all you really need to find is a DM. One thing that I can suggest is checking the Campaign Invitations sections. You may find something that fits into your schedules.

Another thing I could mention is that I was in a 3.0 (3.5) game that had been running on Monday nights. The 2 people that were running it may restart the game if there were enough people interested and willing to show up in the chat on a regular basis. We had started the first time with level 1 characters that had no experience points. If you would be interested, send me a PM, and I will forward it onto the other folks as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    How much are you guys seeking to get into combat vs. RP?

You say you are seeking any campaign, as long as the DM is competent, so I'm asking, what do you expect to get out of a game, especially online?

Story? Treasure for the PC? Leveling? Intrigue?

I've run 3.5 here, and it died because too many players genned up a PC, and stopped appearing after 4 sessions. The 3 left and I all know each other in person, so we agreed to resume offline at a future date.

So, just really interested in what you guys are looking for.

A group of 2? large group of 5 plus, in which you form a pair?

Races?

Classes?
    -Etarnon
    Refereeing RPGs since 1977

Old School Gamers (Online) Meetup Group Organizer
    http://www.meetup.com/Old-School/

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Moved to Introductions section.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry Farcaster. I would have moved it, but it wasn't in an area that I am a Moderator for you.