Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 76

Thread: To cross the Greypeaks

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Age
    40
    Posts
    367
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Still looking very worried a stressed Thoriken looks at you with wide eyes, "What are Rabbits?" in a very ominous voice.

    Barur suppresses a chuckle as he awaits your explanation, hoping you might be a bit better in explaining away his worry. You do notice Barur creep back into the cavern and heads to his belongings.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    86
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "Aren't those the pests that sometimes get into our food supplies? The ones with the long noses, whiskers, and long pink tails...?" Ertryd seems a little confused, but she is making a gallant effort to appear to be otherwise. Realizing that she is probably making a worse fool out of herself, she finally says, "I believe they are not dangerous."

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Age
    40
    Posts
    367
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thoriken simply shrugs his shoulders and seems put off that it might not be the threat he previously had anticipated. "Sure could be, can't say though..."

    A slight rustle and Barur comes to stand near you with a very strange weapon indeed for a dwarf. He draws a crossbow and carefully notches a bolt taken from his case. Pulling the string with some exertion, he finally feels comfortable with his assessment. Of course Thoriken looking over his shoulder seems to keep him on edge. He aims slowly, taking the surroundings and space into consideration...

    * Barur releases his bolt *


    One of the small creatures jerks violently as its compatriots scatter quickly. He smiles a bit, "Think I hit one," as he stands and starts out to collect his prize.

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    01-29-2010 03:45 PM
    Barur releases his bolt: 1d20 (17) + 1 (1) = 18
    1d4 (2)

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Age
    40
    Posts
    367
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Barur walks cautiously toward the bracken, paying attention to the area around him. Though he had grown up in Illethkeep and was a bit more awre of the outside realm, he still was young and truth be told a healthy fear of the unknown. Reaching down he retrieved a small animal that held his deadly bolt. Hesitantly he smelled it, wondering if its smell was normal.

    "I got one!" in a wide eyed innocent tone. Truthfully he wondered exactly what he would do with this creature, he only guessed that the mule skinner would know more about these strange long eared creature he had only read about.

    The sun was rising in the East and a soft glow was rising along the horizon. Though most of the dwarves had at one point seen a rising sun, it was not something most had become familiar with.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Age
    40
    Posts
    367
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    " I want to see what it tastes like," as the younger dwarf begins heading back toward the campfire.

    The sun had slowly crossed the horizon and the world was alight in a wash of colors and hues. The crisp mountain air was blowing briskly and the bright light had started the slumbering dwarves to stirring. The day was anew and they had much distance to travel before they reached their destination of a strange alien town.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Highland Village
    Posts
    160
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Ferous looks at the thin whiskered varmint and cringes his nose, buckling his armor. "Looks like it needed to eat more than we did."
    When the man has your favorite head up against the wall and he asks you "Have you paid your dues?" You look him square in the eyes and you say "The check is in the mail!"

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Age
    40
    Posts
    367
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Dolastyr simply smiles as she soaks in the situation. The light from the sun was still a bit strong for her sensitive eyes, but the humor of Barur and his victorious prize was not missed. She just hoped she had not offended him by appearing to laugh at him personally.

    Asbjorn was trying to wrest control of his hair and beard while driving away the sleep as he had heard Barur's approach. Turning he spotted the 'trophy', and grunted in recognition. "S'ppose yer ta be wantin it skinned and kleened fer ya, Eh me laddy?" reaching into his bag to pull a well honed and used old knife. It looked ancient, but everyone knew that could be the sharpest knife in the camp. "Come ere, I'll showsya how we skinners do it,..." hoping he might at least turn one bout of work into a lesson that could pay off on this adventure. "Indeed" piped Barur immediately moving his kill to the grizzled old skinner. He had wondered how exactly he would perform this operation with his hand axe and was quite happy he had not voiced his question aloud.
    Last edited by mnemenoi; 04-28-2014 at 06:16 PM.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Highland Village
    Posts
    160
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Ferous takes a bite of jerky as he watches them. He looks at Dolastyr then the others. He begins to feel a bit tense, as these people are so interested with a small furry beast as this huge world lay beyond the mouth of the cave. Ever since leaving on the mission and feeling his connection with it, he has felt quite overwhelmed. This causes him to grip tightly his axe that brings darkness, and each time he does, a dull ache pulses through his body.
    When the man has your favorite head up against the wall and he asks you "Have you paid your dues?" You look him square in the eyes and you say "The check is in the mail!"

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Age
    40
    Posts
    367
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Adiir seems a bit uncomfortable in the company of so many dwarves, it had been awhile since he had so many around him. He began to realize what he had thought he missed, might actually be a bit unnerving. He pulled out some jerky as well and watched as the older skinner showed the young priest how to skin a rabbit and cook what gristle was left. He had a feeling that Asbjorn might be dawdling a bit, but he guessed it was to let some of the other dwarves get a bit more used to the light and feel before pushing for distance. They had weeks ahead of them, one hours distance in that regard seemed small.

    After the rabbit was cleaned, cooked, and samples offered to all members by Barur he thanked Asjorn for the lesson. The wild skinner harrumphed a response. He gathered what was left of his possessions. "Mite as well be finishin yer yammerin while we make some distance," as a way of gathering and focusing the charges.

    "Let's see what we kin find today," as he went to his mule, overlooking it and filing his items into its saddlebags.

    Dolastyr and Adiir both follow, Barur behind them with a wooden stick with burned rabbit on it. "S'really good, won some," he offers to Ferous with his mouth chewing.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Highland Village
    Posts
    160
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Ferous reaches out taking the stick then smells the meat. With a satisfied look, he takes a bite. He smiles, then takes another bite. "Not bad" he says with a surprised look. He hands the stick back to Barur then turns and walks to the cave opening.

    Shading his eyes, he looks across the land scape, taking deep breaths, finding it so alien. While there is the smell of earth, it is masked with foreign smells that he has not yet experienced.
    When the man has your favorite head up against the wall and he asks you "Have you paid your dues?" You look him square in the eyes and you say "The check is in the mail!"

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Age
    40
    Posts
    367
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    The dwarves collect their gear and begin readying their mounts for the days ride. None knew what the day held for them, but for some strange reason the danger seemed far more imminent. The safety of the stead and their families acted as a blanket that had been carelessly thrown aside and the chill of morning had taken them aback. The ponies grunted under the weight and gear, their glassy eyes watering in the morning light. A grey and bleak weather worn game trail lay ahead of them.

    "I often wonder what way me forefadders came to be findin dis stead?" Asbjorn said to no one in particular. He seemed to watch all the small things that many overlooked and things said so simply belied a deeper wonder beneath his gruff and unkempt appearance. He seemed to realize he had said too much, "Well dat is i'ffn clanless dwarves had em..." which seemed to deflate something deep within him. He sank into the saddle. Dolastyr looked questioningly toward Ferrous, an unspoken question that he might enlighten her.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Highland Village
    Posts
    160
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "I know they had forgathers Asbjorn, otherwise I would have not heard of the story of my kin and this axe. Families were fractured and clans spread like the end of a beard. I think those were the true brave ones, those who struck out for their family, not for their clan. It must have been a very difficult time"
    When the man has your favorite head up against the wall and he asks you "Have you paid your dues?" You look him square in the eyes and you say "The check is in the mail!"

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Age
    40
    Posts
    367
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Asbjorn nods while pondering this, through his many years of searching and working towards restoring his fathers name he realized he had never looked toward the future of the family. He had been rooted in the past, in this long lost crime that had remain unsolved. There was little he could do to find something that others had failed to find so many years ago. "Aye, yer right. Guess I been runnin from me shame fer quite sum days. Twern't nuttin I did, still down deep I knows differn't. I ain't one fer runnin no more. I aim to see dis through," as he squeezes his legs on the mule. "Time's a wastin me kin, I aim to be makin a few more hills today at da least!" toward the group as he begins quickening his pace and the ground between himself and the stead.

    Dolastyr smiles at you, she is not fully certain what was said to make him change his attitude, but is grateful to see him in better spirits.

    "Whoa," cries Barur with some trepidation. The newer speed gave him a fright and he is far more unaccustomed to travel by pony.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Highland Village
    Posts
    160
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Keeping pace with the others. Ferrous does his best to be alert amongst the many new sights and sounds.
    When the man has your favorite head up against the wall and he asks you "Have you paid your dues?" You look him square in the eyes and you say "The check is in the mail!"

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Age
    40
    Posts
    367
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    The morning is still a bit cool, the winds up in the upper reaches is quite breezy. Travel is slow at times, but steady as Asbjorn leads a brisk and relentless pace through very rough and unbroken game trails. He occasionally glances upward and seems to take an account of the sun's position before moving onward. Lunch is accomplished on pony back, though a few in the party voice a bit of concern. The trails blend with one another as the group settles into a rhythm.

    The sun begins to fall when the party reaches a deeper ravine and the party comes to stop. It has been a very good day of travel, with no real situations arising. The party begins to set up camp, as they have no shelter or cavern in sight.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [White Wolf] Cross the Threshold
    By PnP News Bot in forum News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-10-2009, 12:11 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •