The next installment of Jess' One Geek to Another is available for your reading pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by JessHartley
Dear One Geek:

I work in a wonderful office that provides coffee, and which favors an open desk arrangement to aid in collaboration. Generally, this works out very well: many of us will grab a cup in the morning, and it's not unheard of for someone to bring in breakfast treats or pastries of some sort. My colleagues and I will naturally grab some and take our spoils back to our common desk area.

The wonderful office in which I work is also wonderfully busy - so it's relatively common to see someone eating lunch at his or her area, too. The only time this is a problem is when one of my co-workers brings his lunch. He consumes his food loudly and with evident enjoyment ... and the only sorts of lunches he seems to bring are amazingly fragrant. Unfortunately, he lacks the social grace to understand the subtle hints that we've tried as a group.

How can we, as an office, make it clear to our co-worker that there are some foods that are just fine to eat at one's desk, and other foods that should be best kept in the company cafeteria?

Best,
Fed Up With The Fragrance
[Read More]