Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 68

Thread: Chapter 3

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Statesville
    Age
    50
    Posts
    522
    Downloads
    16
    Uploads
    0

    Chapter 3

    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    The clues you have gathered lead eventually to a weathered path. The foliage around you is dense and tough, with bloodvines winding around and between the darkwood trees, but the path you’re on is cleared and well worn. As you approach a sloping hill, you see a clearing open up around the mouth of a cave.

    As you are all approaching the clearing, I need marching order and what weapons if any you have ready. You may want to work out in the OOC your marching order before posting individually. Below will be the passive perception roll, if there is anything specific you want checked do the roll in your posts. And you need to do amn initiative roll.

    * Party Passive Perception *

    * DM's Initiative *


    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    09-16-2009 06:25 AM
    Party Passive Perception: 1d20 (2)
    DM's Initiative: 1d20 (20)
    Windstar - Escapee from the D&D'ers retirement home. Trust in the Shadows!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Highland Village
    Posts
    160
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    OOC: I suggest the following marching order. As we initially would have sort of fallen into the order of who entered the trail first, and the woods are quite thick, not allowing for traversing off of the trail. We probably would have this order.

    1. Darren and dog
    2. Morganna
    3. Sys Lex
    4. Paros
    5. Targ
    6. Dabril
    7. Khaela


    DM's discression of course.

    Paros would not have swords out, as we are walking through the woods, unless he had to cut his way through. Though he is always quick on the draw and can draw and cut in the same action.

    Paros initiative
    * Paros Initative *


    * Paros rolls perception *


    OOC: Thanks Wind, also good point Howwwl, changes have been made per your suggestion.
    Last edited by Fly by Knight; 09-16-2009 at 08:51 AM.

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    09-16-2009 07:54 AM
    Fly by Knight rolls some dice: 1d20 (11) + 4 (4) = 15
    09-16-2009 08:48 AM
    Paros Initoative: 1d20 (6) + 4 (4) = 10
    Paros rolls perception: 1d20 (11) + 2 (2) = 13

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Saskatoon
    Posts
    100
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    OOC - I believe Sys'lex would stick very close to Morganna... But I will let mne speak to that.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Statesville
    Age
    50
    Posts
    522
    Downloads
    16
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HowwwwL View Post
    OOC - I believe Sys'lex would stick very close to Morganna... But I will let mne speak to that.
    OOC, yes he will is not far from your skirts at any given minute.... Your "personal assistant" as it is.....
    Windstar - Escapee from the D&D'ers retirement home. Trust in the Shadows!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Halifax
    Age
    28
    Posts
    149
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Khaela quickly steps up ahead in the line as they move out from the village.

    Not sure who to address she speaks in a raised voice.

    "I think it would be best if we had another capable fighter at the rear, someone who could offer some resistance if ambushed from behind. In case you're all not aware of my physical capabilities, it's because I don't have any...

    I'm much better suited to supporting others in combat than participating directly. I suggest someone with weapons take up the rear position."

    * Khalea's Init *
    Last edited by Windstar; 09-17-2009 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Init Roll

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    09-17-2009 06:13 AM
    Khalea's Init: 1d20 (2)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    danville
    Age
    57
    Posts
    260
    Blog Entries
    17
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Dabril nods in agreement and says to kheala Talk to the tin man about bringing up the rear.

    * Dabril's Init *
    Last edited by Windstar; 09-17-2009 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Init Roll

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    09-17-2009 06:14 AM
    Dabril's Init: 1d20 (14)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Saskatoon
    Posts
    100
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "Sys'lex and I do not mind watching your backs..."
    Morganna smiles wryly...

    * Morganna's Init *
    Last edited by Windstar; 09-17-2009 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Init Roll

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    09-17-2009 06:15 AM
    Morganna's Init: 1d20 (2)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    DeSoto
    Age
    32
    Posts
    97
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Targ nods as the others speak. His eyebrow, or at least the piece of steel that simulates an eyebrow, moves upwards in a quizical expression at Dabril. "Very little of me is made out of tin. Mostly it is iron and other materials crafted to act like the tube like bits inside of you that carry blood."

    Making sure his axe is in hand in case it becomes neccisary the war forged looks at the others a moment before saying anything more. "I will take the rear. I can guard our flank and if we find something ahead of us I can rush to the front with ease."

    Besides his strength, and the fact that he likes to charge into battle when given a chance to run, Targ considers his paranoia enough of a reason to want to stay where he can watch out for the others. That, and while he can belive that the Kobold has a chance at being a honerable warrior he does not trust Morganna as much, especially when she smiles like that.

    * Inititive *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    09-16-2009 06:52 PM
    Inititive: 1d20 (7) + 1 (1) = 8

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    danville
    Age
    57
    Posts
    260
    Blog Entries
    17
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Dabril smiles Ok Iron man thanks for taking the rear.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Age
    40
    Posts
    367
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "What did you say? you speak common, tell me what you know of this trinket. You need not be afraid little one, any information you have can help me... us in our goals." She speaks only to the Kobold and only into his mind, his deliberate thoughts can be "spoken" back to Khaela when she connects in this manner. - (previous)

    His thoughts shift quickly from dark cloaked priests covered in blood to an immense being that obliterated the moon looming over his frail form. I do indeed, though I prefer a more perfect tongue.... Omens abound and we are merely vessels. You hold the scales and many shall seek to align their favor. Stand firm lest the storm shake your resolve....

    The small reptilian takes his place near his mistress and holds his crude spear in his hands while watching for any sign of danger. "I can watch our backss or forge our path, many dangerss are here and the full moonss casst dark permutationss upon our goalss," as he mutters in the twilight.

    * Sys'lex Init *
    Last edited by Windstar; 09-17-2009 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Init Roll

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    09-17-2009 06:18 AM
    Sys'lex Init: 1d20 (3) + 5 (5) = 8

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Saskatoon
    Posts
    100
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "Looks like we are up front Sys'lex..." Morganna purrs in a mischievous tone...

    "I guess we can watch their backs another time..." Morganna winks..

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Highland Village
    Posts
    160
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Paros watches as the intonations and exchanges occur through out the party. He watches with curiosity as Morganna exchanges soft intones with her Kobold friend and with the rest of the party.

    For now, he keeps silent, getting a better feel for those who search for his mistress with him.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    clemmons
    Age
    41
    Posts
    16
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    * Darren's stealth *

    * Deacon's perception *

    * Darren's perception *

    * Darren's Nature *


    (OCC sorry didnt mean to reroll. keeping first Darren's stealth/Deacon's perception)

    Darren’s hand flies up and waves furiously at the party behind him in a call for silence. Deacon has visibly changed, carrying himself now more like a predator then a tracker. Both Halfling and Wolf recognize the danger that the cave ahead suggests. Whatever creature's lair it maybe, it has already taken one man and now it will be on familiar ground with, possibly, it’s back to the wall. The pair abandon the blood trail and stalk around the tree line of the clearing heading to the mouth of the cave. Bow readied Darren studies everything from the clearing itself to the opening in the rock.
    OOC from DM, this does apply to all: It will reroll again as I edit in a Init Roll, this one time I will allow you to take the highest of them, but this is because I am having to do so many of the Init rolls.

    * Dabrils/Deacons Init *
    Last edited by kingbee; 09-17-2009 at 07:32 PM.

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    09-16-2009 10:21 PM
    Darren's stealth: 1d20 (17) + 9 (9) = 26
    Deacon's perception: 1d20 (1) + 7 (7) = 8
    09-16-2009 10:48 PM
    Darren's stealth: 1d20 (11) + 9 (9) = 20
    Deacon's perception: 1d20 (3) + 7 (7) = 10
    Darren's perception: 1d20 (2) + 1 (1) = 3
    Darren's Nature: 1d20 (9) + 6 (6) = 15
    09-17-2009 06:33 AM
    Darren's stealth: 1d20 (17) + 9 (9) = 26
    Deacon's perception: 1d20 (4) + 7 (7) = 11
    Darren's perception: 1d20 (6) + 1 (1) = 7
    Darren's Nature: 1d20 (7) + 6 (6) = 13
    Dabrils/Deacons Init: 1d20 (6) + 4 (4) = 10

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Highland Village
    Posts
    160
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    OOC: new marching order entering into this area

    1. Darren and dog
    2. Tora
    3. Morganna
    4. Sys Lex
    5. Paros
    6. Dabril
    7. Khaela
    8. Targ
    Last edited by Windstar; 09-17-2009 at 11:21 AM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Statesville
    Age
    50
    Posts
    522
    Downloads
    16
    Uploads
    0


    OOC: This is the path(grey squares) & clearing(brown outlines) going in between two trees, the lower part is the cave mouth and you are approaching from the top. When you post please list where you are on the map. left hand top side use letters(A), top to bottom and numbers(1) from left to right on the bottom, ie: the trees are at J:3 and I:7.


    As you look down the slope you see two villagers standing watch by the mouth of the cave — heavyset orc woodcutters, their axes at the ready. They do not seem to notice you, yet.

    * Orc's Init *

    * Orc's Perception *


    Tora falls in behind Darren & Deacon, giving the wolf plenty of room.

    * Tora's Init *

    * Tora's Active Perception *


    OOC: Jayzilla, need Init roll, and you are following the party as you seen them leaving town and recognized the kobold from your dreams. You are atleast 75' behind and will arrive with in 1 to 3 rounds pending on how you approach.

    Init Order is:
    1. DM/Orcs
    2. Outrider
    3. Jayzilla
    4. FBK
    5. Kingbee
    6. Mne
    7. Kitsune
    8. DM/Tora
    9. Howwwl
    10. Blackdragon
    Last edited by Windstar; 09-17-2009 at 03:36 PM.

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    09-17-2009 12:17 PM
    Orc's Init: 1d20 (16) + 4 (4) = 20
    Orc's Perception: 1d20 (8) + 9 (9) = 17
    Tora's Init: 1d20 (4) + 3 (3) = 7
    Tora's Active Perception: 1d20 (3) + 6 (6) = 9
    Windstar - Escapee from the D&D'ers retirement home. Trust in the Shadows!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Chapter 2
    By Windstar in forum Windstars PBP
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 09-16-2009, 06:13 AM
  2. Chapter 3.5
    By Wyvern in forum The Dark Lord
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-20-2009, 05:40 AM
  3. Chapter 1: Day of the Comet
    By Webhead in forum Avatar: Scorched Earth
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-06-2008, 01:27 PM
  4. [DM / Player Tools] Chapter One Cultures
    By tesral in forum Campaign Resources
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 02:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •