Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: showthread_campaign in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: googlescript in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591
Starting a group - D&D 3.5
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Fantasy
System Used: D&D 3.5
Style: Not Specified
Desired # of Players: 4
Game Location City: Seattle
State: WA
Zip Code / Postal Code: 98103
Game Times Frequency: Weekly
Online Game Details Online Game?: No
Additional Options Looking for Players?: Yes
Google Map
Loading Map...

Thread: Starting a group - D&D 3.5

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Starting a group - D&D 3.5

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hi there. I'm new to the site, but I figured I'd just get straight to the point.

My name is Anthony, and I'm looking to start a group in the Seattle area. I live in Wallingford and am limited by bus routes, so the closer you are the better, but I'm willing to travel a little ways.

Now, as I understand it, most people like to play and few people like to DM. This is a good thing because obviously if it were the other way around the ratio of DMs to players would put DMs out of business! So, I am perfectly willing to DM (and I have been for years, so I'm well-versed) a D&D 3.5 game. HOWEVER, I am also open to playing, so if you want to DM and just don't have a group, I'd still be interested in hearing from you.

Assuming I am DMing, here is the game I would bring to the table:

Rules: I use the D&D 3.5 rules. I have nearly every 3.5 book published and what I don't have is on my computer.

Setting: I have always created my own worlds and will continue to do so. I prefer fantasy worlds, similar to greyhawk or forgotten realms. Whether I will use an existing world of mine is yet to be seen. Most likely I will build the world around the characters as they travel through it, with an outline already in my head. I am open to any deities existing in my world and open to requests on how to shape the world.

Gameplay: My games are very story-driven, but very combat-heavy as well. I feel I am at my best DMing when in a combat situation, but that is not to say I can't roleplay, simply that I feel my combat encounters are the best of what I do. When the game starts, there will be little to no story surrounding the characters, aside from what you create in your backstories (collaborations are perfectly okay by me), but as it develops, so does the story. By the end, in most of my campaigns, deities are involved and the stakes are high. As a warning, though, not all of my groups have succeeded!

Characters: I am very lenient with classes, races, and alignments. However, I do not want a paladin and an assassin in the same group, for example. I am okay with homebrewed classes and races, as long as I have checked them over.

Time: I am available any night of the week, though I can only play once per week, maximum. Anywhere from 6 pm to 2 am is okay by me.

Location: I would prefer to host at my place in Wallingford, but if you happen to have the perfect D&D house, I'm okay traveling, too.

Let me know if you're interested or have any questions, and let's get a game going!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am definitely interested. I have not actually played a pen and paper D&D game before, but I have played a lot of Neverwinter Nights and have played Mutants and Masterminds. I am able to drive to Wallingford. Can't wait to get back into RP'ing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm also interested. I live in West Seattle. I can host and my roommate might be interested, too, though he has only played 4e (have to talk to him about 3.5 since it's a bit more complicated). I'm willing to drive to Wallingford--used to live there.

I can play about once a week, but I would prefer to play maybe one to two times a month.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm certainly interested. I can make it to Wallingford no problem (I could also make it to West Seattle, but it'd be more annoying).

I am, however, often busy on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Tuesday and Thursday tend to be good for me (but due to work usually not before 7:00 PM).

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been looking to start another game Dungeons and Dragons since my last group went our separate ways. Your proposed game looks interesting and I would love to hear more about it.

I am most interested in playing on a weekday night from 6 PM ish to 12ish (or later on a Friday evening), though I am generally busy Wednesday evenings.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I sent you a PM, Rug.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What's going on? I wait all day for a response, and finally go to bed, only to wake up and BAM! people are interested! :P

It looks to me like the best overall days so far would be Wednesday, Thursday, or Sunday afternoon, considering what I've been told from you guys and my own schedule. So I guess from here it comes down to meeting you guys and narrowing down the list. I wish I could coordinate this through this website, but I'm too limited in the number of PMs I can send. So, please e-mail me at handsomethrowrug@gmail.com so I can communicate with you guys without having to wait 6 hours to send more PMs. >.<

Or, if you'd prefer, you can call or text me at 425-281-6917. I'll be at work pretty much all day today, but I'll answer when I can and call back when I can't. Oh, and don't worry about me not having a voicemail. That's a long story... lol. I can text while I'm at work, though, so if you have a texting plan, that's an ideal way of communication.

What I'd like to do is set up a time and place to meet you guys on a one-to-one basis within the next week or two so we can talk about what you've played before, when you're available, and just generally get to know each other. I'm thinking Tully's coffee on 45th would be good, as it's right by my apartment, but I can also meet in the U-District somewhere during lunch or something, as that's where I work.

So, please e-mail or call or text with when and where you think you could meet up. I'm interested to hear from all of you!
    Parentheses are (not) important.

Downloads
    Uploads
    you know that I am totally psyched for this game. thursday would be best, as i occasionally work wednesdays, and work most saturdays. let me know when to meet you.

I can drive to you or wherever easily.
    Last edited by bigrtallfreak; 09-16-2009 at 12:59 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm game

I'm interested. Being in Ballard, and bound to public transportation, getting to West Seattle would be a pain, but Wallingford's easy enough.

I'd prefer Wednesday night or Friday night games, as I do not have to be up early on Thursday/Saturday.

Downloads
    Uploads

Lfp?

Did you get your campaign off the ground? Still LFP's? What days of the week are you gaming? Thursdays are usually best for me. Let me know. Illyannac@yahoo.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Greetings
    Im Intrested in joining a D&D game. I am still sort of new to the area but if you are still running and would like another player please email me at raptorzs@comcast.net
    Thanks in advanced
    Michael Hoefnagel
    In the end it does not matter who was right or who was wrong. Who was strong and who was weak. Who was righteous or who was evil. No, all that matters is who is standing after the dust settles.