Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Combat Discussion

Downloads
    Uploads

Combat Discussion

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    After our first round of combat, I decided that it can probably run a little bit more smoothly. Any idears or comments you have based off of how it went or what you might like to see instead of how it went. You should all have a PM sitting in your inbox with 2 ideas I had, but this will open up a group discussion for us.

Downloads
    Uploads

New Ranged Combat Goodies

RANGED COMBAT FEATS

CLOSE QUARTERS BASICS
    Prerequisites: Base attack bonus +1 or higher.
    Benefit: You gain a +1 bonus with ranged attack checks and damage against targets within Close Quarters Range (Beyond Reach, up to 30 ft.). Further, when you hold a readied ranged weapon, you gain a +2 gear bonus with skill checks made as part of a Threaten action. Finally, you don't suffer the -4 penalty and your error range does not increase when making a ranged attack out of melee.

MARKSMANSHIP BASICS
    Prerequisites: Base attack bonus +1 or higher.
    Benefit: Each time you take an Aim action, you may also Brace as a free action. Further, you may take a Brace action even when no obvious surface is available to brace against. Finally, you suffer only a -1 penalty with Reflex saves while braced instead of the standard -4.

PISTOLEER BASICS
    I aim with my hand.
    Benefit: All black powder sidearms on your person are considered armed at all times. Also, you gain a stance.
    Zeroed In (Stance): Opponent's who haven't moved since your Initiative Count last round are denied their Dexterity bonus to Defense against your ranged attacks.

PISTOLEER MASTERY
    I shoot with my mind.
    Prerequisites: Gunslinger Basics
    Benefit: Once per round you may Threaten an opponent that you've hit with a sidearm this round as a free action. You suffer a -4 penalty with the Intimidate check. Also, you gain a trick.
    Flaunted Shot (Sidearm Trick): You may substitute your Impress (Wis) bonus for your ranged attack bonus. If the attack misses you become flat-footed at the end of your Initiative Count. You may use this trick as many times per combat as you have Ranged Combat feats.

PISTOLEER SUPREMACY
    I kill with my heart.
    Prerequisites: Gunslinger Mastery
    Benefit: Your Dexterity score rises by 1. Also, you gain a trick.
    Sloth Slaying (Sidearm Trick): If the target is a standard character with a lower Dexterity score than yours, he immediately falls his Damage save (damage isn't rolled). You may use this trick once per round.

ACTIONS
    BRACE
    1 Half Action * Initiative Action
    If the character can brace his firearm against a stable surface, he may choose one 90 degree cone facing out from his current position. So long as the character does not move, he gains a +1 bonus with all Standard Attack checks made against any target within the chosen area. The entire time a character braces, he suffers a -4 penalty with Reflex saves.
    Last edited by Foghorn; 09-29-2009 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Adding more goodies!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I will post up in combat tomorrow. Sorry for the delay

Downloads
    Uploads
    Some thoughts I've had after our first combat.

1. Go ahead and roll damage at the same time as the attack. If you miss, then the damage isn't applied. If you hit and are using the forum roller, then you have to go back and reroll or add another post just to get damage and that can cause that dice rolling history to fill up quickly.

2. I think it'll be easier for others to post based off of what happened on someone else's turn with the way that Damage Saves and standard NPCs work that I'll add a little 'GM's note' on your post after attack and damage is rolled on whether or not the NPC dies/gets knocked out/wets him (or her)self/etc.

3. In the case of Bad Guys going in the middle of the initiative order, we can have the first batch of Good Guys post regularly, then I'll post for the Bad Guys, then the slower Good Guys can post based off of what happened there, but I'll still wait until Sunday/Thursday to post Round Summaries and advance the combat round to the next one.

Everyone like these ideas? Comments?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Last night i have tried the game but didn't have any idea what i was doing & what i have to do...!
    Can you guys help me little bit about it...
    injury lawyer atlanta,injury attorney atlanta,car accident lawyer atlanta
    Last edited by jhonhud; 08-07-2011 at 02:00 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What game were you trying because this one's been inactive for almost 2 years now.