Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 124

Thread: The Longest Night: Act I

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Allen
    Age
    29
    Posts
    23
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Not quite content to let his one remaining opponent join in the attack, yet flee safe an unharmed, Kirill, starting his hurried step toward securing the caravan, bends quickly, grabbing the dagger from the body of a fallen foe and with the flick of a wrist sends his message hurdling off toward the gobber
    * Attack! *

    --- Merged from Double Post ---
    The small blade whistles through the air- stopping dead with the wet sound of a blade buried in the gobber's back as it stops stiff with a squeaking cry, falling face down in the mud, quiet and still.

    Kirill barely takes notice as he picks up step, trudging through the muddy terrain, keeping his eyes peeled...

    As everything calms and quiets, he slows and gives a nod to Gunner, relaying that everything seems secure on his end, glances off into the fog, and pans his view back across all of the other surprise combatants who entered the fight alongside him.
    Last edited by Adimeadozen; 09-24-2009 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Double Post

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    09-24-2009 03:06 PM
    Attack!: 1d20 (16) + 4 (4) = 20
    09-24-2009 03:15 PM
    Attack!: 1d20 (16) + 4 (4) = 20

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hermitage
    Age
    24
    Posts
    60
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Emrys, holding back her urge to finish her job by chasing after the damned little fiends, sheathed her sword and gave out a sigh.

    "Had it not have been for the fog and the muck, they'd have never gotten away with anything... not even their lives." She stated, shaking her head in disappointment.

    She was ready to go into the big city and despite her rages, was smart enough not to follow goblins into the woods, where they were sure to make way to their camps. It's one thing to be a few men outnumbered in a combat, but ambushes were never a fun thing.

    "Pesky devils..." She muttered under her breath as she arranged some of the shuffled cargo. She then took a seat, kicking up and crossing her legs onto a crate just before her feet and stared off into the distance in front of her without anything more than soft breaths for the next few minutes.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Highland Village
    Posts
    160
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quickly looking about for signs of more of the enemy, Ljusna Ode moves into the clearing.

    Perception Roll
    * Fly by Knight rolls some dice *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    09-25-2009 07:30 AM
    Fly by Knight rolls some dice: 1d20 (4) + 2 (2) = 6

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Age
    24
    Posts
    302
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0
    Silence.

    After the chaos of battle everything was oddly quiet. Emrys' comment broke the silence with such abruptness that it caused Kayle to laugh out loud. So entranced with the metaphores and odd simbolic thoughts of fighting, the sound of her voice just caught him completely by surprise. There was one difference between humans and elves right there. Longevity of life tended to make one think about things more.

    "It's true. We'd have heard and seen them from far away. At least we only lost one today." He said, nodding towards the horse before following his companion back to their caravan, nodding at the larger man with a sword. He had felled three of the pesky things...all without breaking a sweat. Ambushed by three, and dispatched them that quickly. Man must have been a helluva fighter.

    Kayle took his seat beside Emrys and waited for the caravan to resume.
    "Now that that's over...where were we?" He asks, his elven demeanor completely at odds with the gore and carnage around them.
    Last edited by Marley117; 09-26-2009 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Typo

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hermitage
    Age
    24
    Posts
    60
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    The only thing that got Emrys's mind off of her self-disappointment was Kayle sitting beside her.

    "...Where were we?" He asked. Emrys grinned and perked up a bit as Kayle spoke... her eyes gleaming subtly with joy.

    "Let's see... you were asking if I... remebered... something?" Emrys half-questioned with her eyes now gazing into Kayle's.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hyde Park
    Posts
    37
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Onward to Corvis

    Gunner finishes checking the rest of the caravan and gets it moving through the swamp's muck once again. The swamp remains quiet as you push forward toward the city of Corvis. It seems to take forever, but at last you are free of the swampy morass of Widower's Wood. The black, twisted trees part, and the ever-present mist finally thins and clears. Ahead of you is Corvis, City of Ghosts. A stout wall surrounds an impossibly dense mass of stone structures. Granite and marble spires, some topped with gold embellishments, burst through the fog and smoke at street level and reach for the heavens. A tangle of bridges and arches ensnares everything in a stony grasp. After so long in the woods, it is an impressive sight. Closer in and once past the initial grandeur, the stains and cracks can be seen. With buildings askew with corners sinking into unstable foundations, the old city struggles to maintain a bright facade against the relentless erosion of the rivers and time.

    Gunner Wadock raises his voice to be heard over the creaking wagons.
    "We'll be first off to see Father Dumas at the Cathedral of Morrow. He can tend our wounds, and we have a crate or two for him as well. We'll part ways there, and you'll get yer pay. 'Twas a pleasure riding with you."


    Quote Originally Posted by Map key
    Larger, more detailed version of map
    Map Key
    1. Industrial 'bourg
    2. Northern graveyard
    3. Church of Morrow
    4. Waterfront
    5. City Hall
    6. Park
    7. Courthouse & jail
    8. Armorer's 'bourg
    9. Arena
    10. Merchant's 'bourg
    Last edited by Foghorn; 09-29-2009 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Added the map

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Highland Village
    Posts
    160
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    OOC: This is occuring prior to moving on as an intro to my char.
    _________________________________

    Ljusna aproaches the seen of the fight and kicks the Gobber on the ground, looking at the effects of his work. The fog that had been drifting in the air during the fight had settled and frozen the little beasts eyeballs and saliva. As Ljusna kicks it, it makes a crack noise as the ice that has frozen the body to the wet mud is broken.

    "Whoo, thats gonna leave a mark."

    Those in the party look to see a Dwarf among them. He has long red hair, with white lines through both his his hair and beard. He carres no weapons save his dagger and his robes are meager and black. His eyes are a very light blue and seem luninescent momentarily then return to a bluish hugh. As the dwarf relaxes, ensuring his kill is truly dead, you notice that the hairs on your arm and neck were standing up, and you smell the faint smell of ozone.

    The Dwarf looks among you and says "Well met, I'm Ljusna Ode."

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Age
    24
    Posts
    302
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0
    “That’s right!” He exclaims, snapping his fingers and grinning. “ I finally finished him. Do you remember that pipe dream I had, the whole reason I was out travelling all the time, gathering supplies and money? Well it is finally finished…partially. I still need to set up shop somewhere, but at least….well it’s finished. I fixed him Emrys. “

    Kayle’s eyes danced in the meager light, his expression light. Talking about Feir always made him happier. The mighty Jack had saved his life, and, as odd as it seemed, had become a friend to him in the past months since he had been repaired. Kayle ran his hand through his hair, not noticing the mud and grim on his hands. “He isn’t exactly the prettiest, not like he was, but he is moving. I am still working on him and he is completely moving! Works like a champ!” Kayle says, beaming as he looks at the large lump under the tarp. The huge mound shifts slightly, as if something under it moved, and Kayle’s smile just got even wider.

    It faded a moment later though as a Dwarf stepped out of the gloom. The air lit up with magic, making the elf’s very skin crawl. Never could stand magic Kayle thought bitterly, rubbing his arms as he leaned back, trying to return to his neutral glum state. He found it was easier to be ignored that way, if he didn’t walk around with an over glorified pride like many of his kin. Kayle leaned closer to Emrys so it would be easier to talk. Least that is what he told himself. “I’ll show you when we reach the city.” He says as the caravans start to move again.

    Time passes oh too quickly with Emrys, flowing as the two talk and catch up. Soon the city looms over them, tall, dark, and grim to Kayle’s eyes. His keen senses see right through the false façade of stature and demeanor to the crumbling truth. “Here we are…”

    OOC This takes place during the travels and such.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hermitage
    Age
    24
    Posts
    60
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    OOC-- As you can tell, most of this takes place prior to arrival at Corvis.

    Emrys listened intently as Kayle exclaimed with glee that he'd fixed the project he had been working on when they first met long ago.
    She smiled full-heartedly with her lips and eyes, "That is great! I can't wait to see him."

    Suddenly, she saw a dwarf appear before her and introduce himself. She glanced up a moment and nodded and gave her greetings.
    "Hello..." she said with little emotion.

    The caravan haulted and the person at the front of the caravan had cried out that they'd arrived, it had been nice having them, etc... and Emrys sprung from her seat.

    "Alas" she thought. Time for adventures to begin!

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Highland Village
    Posts
    160
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Ljusna looks about the group, and while it is true he did deliver a chilly death to the Gobber, he certainly didnt expect such a chilly reception from those whom he just helped.

    He looks to the elf who looks back then the female responds with a "hello" at least.

    Ljusna takes a breath and belts out:

    "What manner of caravan is this? Apperantly you are going to Corvis, and you are very road weery, for what other reason can you give for such bad manners?"

    The dwarf's eyes flicker with luminosity as he looks about at the party.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hermitage
    Age
    24
    Posts
    60
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Emrys glanced at Kayle and then again at the dwarf.

    "Sorry, I was caught off guard..." she said apologetically as she stepped off of the wagon and to the side. "How many of those pests did you exterminate, eh?" Emrys asked the dwarf to lighten up the tone she had before.

    Apparently reuniting with Kayle and knowing his dislike for magic had swayed her from her usual behavior... swayed her from one of the key concepts to her original goal. Interaction... closeness... helps her to get what she wants out of people.

    She was turned from Kayle for a fleeting moment... long enough to link her eyes with the dwarf's and smile faintly in his direction to show she hadn't meant to come off as rude. She certainly didn't want that...

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Age
    24
    Posts
    302
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0
    The Dwarf’s gruff voice calls out to the pair, and Kayle looks down at the hairy, wild looking man. Odd. The Dwarf had actually taken time to talk to him without insults or intimidation. Surprise nibbles at Kayle as he takes a moment to look over their new companion. As he is thinking Emrys climbs down beside him and walks back up. Momentary jealousness and protective urges flash white hot through Kayle, followed by more surprise.

    What was that all about?

    Emrys’ eyes dart up and meet Kayle’s who looks back with an embarrassed look on his face. After a moment he climbs down to stand close to the young woman, before offering the Dwarf a small bow.

    My apologies master Dwarf. I meant no offense. I am just not used to your kind…..actually speaking with me. “ A small smile tugs at the corner of his mouth as if he had just told some sort of joke. “I am Kayle, and this lovely lady is Emrys. So…what brings you to Corvis?” He asks, obviously struggling with making small talk.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Highland Village
    Posts
    160
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "Well met lady Emrys and Kayle, as I have previously said, I'm Ljusna Ode"

    Ljusna is a bit taken aback, why wouldnt I speak with him?

    "I come from dem mountains, from an order that protects travelers and guides them."

    "I have recently left da order on personal walkabut and was trackin a bird for me quill collection. Deez gobbers scared it away, and there were more in da woods. I killed one dere and dis one here Emrys"

    "I was going to Corvis to see other artists work on quills, and look fer da adventure"

    "Glad to be of help"

    "Why do you go to Corvis?"

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hermitage
    Age
    24
    Posts
    60
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "The small town life is not for me..." Emrys responded with a smile. "The big city is like a new adventure, and it is one I intend to embark on now... won't you join us, Mr. Ode?"
    Emrys turned toward Kayle and grinned, with a spark in her grey eyes-- then turned to face the dwarf again and await his reply.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Highland Village
    Posts
    160
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "Aye, I think I will. Ya seem like decent enough folk"

    Ljusna looks about at the rest of the caravan and back at the couple standing before him.

    He watches the exchange of glances shared between them, there is obviously a chemistry shared.

    Ljusna smiles to them and then looks about to see what will be the next move.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What's your longest running campaign?
    By Arch Lich Thoth-Amon in forum Sci-Fi / Futuristic
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 08-26-2009, 04:40 PM
  2. Longest Gaming Session?
    By PlattevilleGamer in forum General RPG / Industry Discussions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-09-2009, 12:29 AM
  3. [D&D] Roll vs. Role: The Longest Night
    By PnP News Bot in forum News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 12:00 AM
  4. [D&D] Night Below Preview 9
    By PnP News Bot in forum News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-21-2007, 12:20 PM
  5. [D&D] Night Below Preview 1
    By PnP News Bot in forum News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-26-2007, 01:21 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •