Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 124

Thread: The Longest Night: Act I

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Age
    24
    Posts
    302
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    A scream tore from Kayle's throat. No, not a scream, a yell. Anger, pain, outrage, all mixed up into one. The little monster's jaws were wrapped around the young elf's arm, and blood was flowing freely. Needles of pain shot up his arm, and his fingers began tingling almost immediately.

    A stream of curses flew from his lips as he pulled his arm back, ignoring the pain. Not again. His foot slid forward, calculated, smooth. His hands slipped just far enough apart, the blade perfectly weighed in between his hands. Familiar, smooth.

    He swung high, across, careful to keep the blade away from Emrys. His arm throbbed as it extended, and his blade cut the air just above the goblin. Kayle’s mouth set, his eyes going cold and sharp. All the wars he had been in came flooding back, all of the experience. The goblin dodged and overstepped, not expecting to be thrown off. There.

    Kayle’s blade dropped with cruel efficiency. The blade arching its way down, flashing in the dim light. No way it was going to dodge this one.

    Gunner's voice floated over the din of battle, coming in clearly to Kayle.
    The cargo? After this, I think we all need to have a talk Kayle thought.


    Half-action- standard attack. 1D20+1=11+1= 12
    Half-Action- Standard Attack. 1D20+1=19+1=20
    Damage= 1D10+3=7+3=10
    Last edited by Marley117; 09-17-2009 at 01:12 PM.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hermitage
    Age
    24
    Posts
    60
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Emrys's blade felt good in her hands... she felt... powerful. She swung, not once, but twice with fury at the fiend standing before her. They had angered her... one: for catching her off guard and two: for attacking the only person she cared for other than herself, Kayle.

    * ATTACK! *


    * ATTACK! *



    * ATTACK! *

    * ATTACK! *

    --- Gamemaster Edit ---
    Cleaned up some of the extra attacks and the confirmation roll since it doesn't work that way in FC. Also, spending an action die to confirm the critical.
    Last edited by Foghorn; 09-15-2009 at 11:42 PM.

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    09-15-2009 07:24 AM
    ATTACK!: 1d20 (10) + 1 (1) = 11
    ATTACK!: 1d8 (6) + 2 (2) = 8
    ATTACK!: 1d20 (20) + 1 (1) = 21
    ATTACK!: 1d8 (6) + 2 (2) = 8
    09-15-2009 07:28 AM
    ATTACK!: 1d20 (3) + 1 (1) = 4
    ATTACK!: 1d8 (1) + 2 (2) = 3
    ATTACK!: 1d20 (16) + 1 (1) = 17
    ATTACK!: 1d8 (6) + 2 (2) = 8
    ATTACK!: 1d20 (8) + 1 (1) = 9
    ATTACK!: 1d20 (15) + 1 (1) = 16

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Allen
    Age
    29
    Posts
    23
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Kirill draws back a bit from the two felled gobbers, quickly surveying the battle, puling back in and driving toward his remaining foe, it seems something perhaps catches his eye as his target weaves nimbly away from his weighty blade, and Kirill realizes too late
    *Wh-Chnk*
    The guard gives the wagon the same look he'd been casting at the gobbers, his blade buried deep in its side, refusing to budge. In a moment his battle focus washes back over him, and with a ducking turn draws a long, thin blade from his boot, raising his other arm in defense and steps back into combat with the gobber, unfazed.

    Half Action: Attack 1d20+4 = [7] 11 *Miss*
    Half Action: Attack 1d20+4 = [1] 5 *Error* *Critical Miss*[2 Action Dice]
    Free Action: Handle Item: Draw Stiletto
    Last edited by Adimeadozen; 09-17-2009 at 11:58 AM.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Age
    28
    Posts
    23
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Dez darted quickly away from the abrupt attack, he looked down and found his hand already grasping for his pistol as he leaped from the stationed wagon. His arm shot out as he turned to face his attackers and in midair, the flintlock exploded, at the pull of his finger tips.
    The goblin grinned devilishly as he disappeared off the wagon, his last sight catching the full glory of his bullet finding a new home in the chest of a rank amateur.

    The smile disappeared as well, he snarled as he found a dart protruding into the shoulder of his jacket. “…a freakn new jacket” the goblin lied.
    Dez could see the others fighting with such heroic bravado and he suddenly thought “If one of these toe rags yells out something like “Your Fired!” followed quickly by an execution, I will help these whelps kill this person” The thought lacked any evil intent and even genuinely felt he would be justly rewarded for purifying a racial bloodline of a retardation.

    Dez bounded into action, stepping carefully and hopefully unnoticed underneath the wagon towards a gobber putting his sling into motion. His hand now wielding another pistol was silent as a dead kitten but Dez knew how to make it sing. The rogue kept his gaze on the back of the gobber’s head, nothing else existed, the behind of this cranium was the centre of his universe. And Dez pulled the trigger to blow it all away.
    --- Merged from Double Post ---
    * attack! *


    (OOC) Since this is a full action shot, can I aim or get an aim bonus?
    And do I get flank? And who is this gobber aiming at.
    Last edited by Neonblueboy; 09-19-2009 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Double Post

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    09-19-2009 01:23 AM
    attack!: 1d20 (17) + 4 (4) = 21

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hyde Park
    Posts
    37
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Round 2 Summary

    Quote Originally Posted by Round 2 Summary
    Dez
    Free Action: Handle Item (equip 2nd pistol)
    Half action: Aim (Swamp Gobber)
    Half Action: Standard Attack (pistol) - Damage: 3d4 → [4,1,1] = (6)

    Kayle
    Half action: Standard Attack (Polesword) - Miss
    Half action: Standard Attack (Polesword) - Damage: 1d10+3 → [7,3] = (10)

    Emrys
    Half action: Standard Attack (Scholar's Sword) - Miss
    Half action: Standard Attack (Scholar's Sword) - Critical hit (1 action die)

    Swamp Gobbers
    1 out of 1 hit Kirill for 1 subdual damage

    Kirill
    Standard Attack (Falchion) - Miss
    Standard Attack (Falchion) - Critical Miss (2 action die) - Athletics check (DC 15, half action) required to equip weapon
    It appears as though the swamp gobbers have chosen the wrong caravan to ambush. With an explosion of action and fierce retaliation, multiple assailants have fallen into the mud of the Widower's Wood. Dez's other pistol screams into the dense fog and claims a life to match that of its twin. Kayle and Emrys dispatch the gobbers that had attacked them with an almost eerie ease.

    Kirill brought his blade around to dispatch the last of the annoying goblins but his adversary managed to get his blade inside Kirill's guard. Even though Kirill's armor managed to keep the blade from doing any lasting damage, the attack caused him to overextend himself and he lodges the blade into the side of a wagon instead of the goblin.

    The fog is so dense now that you can practically feel it pressing down on you. From further up the caravan, you can hear yelling and more gobber voices. From your wagon, the fog keeps anything farther up from your wagon from being anything more than mysterious shapes, but those shapes are definitely moving and you know that the gobbers did not only ambush your wagon.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tactical scene information
    Everyone but Kirill has dispatched their respective enemies. Anyone can spend 1 move action to get within melee range of Kirill and his bad guy. In order to get close enough to the rest of the caravan to see what's going on, you need to spend 2 move actions to get to the next wagon or take a Run action to get a little further along to get a clearer picture of what's going on with the whole caravan. Normally, you'd all be much more mobile, but the mud from the swamp is seriously hampering everyone's movement.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Age
    24
    Posts
    302
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0
    The blade separated bone and skin and muscle with ease. There was barely a rebound as it entered the goblin in front of Kayle. It didn’t even have time to scream as its lungs filed with blood and it shuttered to a halt. Something stirred in Kayle’s chest, a feeling he hadn’t felt since he left the military. It had been years since he fought, but everything came back with unnatural ease. He felt the bloodlust rising and fought against it. A second goblin fell right beside him, and Kayle look at Emrys, her blade covered in blood. A smile crossed his lips, and he pulled his blade free from the dead goblin.

    At least she was unharmed. He opened his mouth to speak, but the words died in his throat. The sounds of more Goblins assaulted his ears, and he could see movement from farther up the wagon. He turned quickly to the young woman beside him. “There are more up ahead. We’ve got to help them!” Sounds of battle raged around them, but seemed to be slowing. There was even the sharp report of gun fire. Kayle cast one more look at Emrys, determination in his eyes, and leapt from the wagon. His feet hit the mud with a slurp, but he ignored it. Something was going on up ahead.

    OOC: Two move actions to get into range to see what is going on.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Age
    28
    Posts
    23
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Dez trudged along the trail into the heart of the fog, carefully holding a small horn filled with gunpowder to refill his pistols. The sounds echoing ahead would catch only the goblins gaze, his minds eye watched dilgently over the ritual known as a reload. Dez didnt understand at all how the mechanics of his weapon worked but he very well understood the outcome of anything standing infront of its barrel.
    Dez trudged along.
    --- Merged from Double Post ---
    My Quick draw and Full action will be used reloading.
    Last edited by Neonblueboy; 09-20-2009 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Double Post

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Allen
    Age
    29
    Posts
    23
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Glancing back across the battle, Kirill gives a grin of recognition to the other capable fighters
    "I've got this one. If you've got the heart for it, move up! None of us will do well with a caravan dead in the mud!"
    Kirill turns back with a determined pull:
    * Athletics *
    [1d20+6]
    --- Merged from Double Post ---
    And with a spin and splinter his sword is free and his dagger sheathed, as his right hand comes to join his left gripping the broad, shining blade, he brings it down to bear on the gobber before him
    * Attack *

    * Damage *
    Last edited by Adimeadozen; 09-20-2009 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Double Post

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    09-20-2009 08:54 AM
    Athletics: 1d20 (13) + 6 (6) = 19
    09-20-2009 08:58 AM
    Athletics: 1d20 (15) + 6 (6) = 21
    Attack: 1d20 (10) + 4 (4) = 14
    Damage: 1d12 (1) + 3 (3) = 4

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hermitage
    Age
    24
    Posts
    60
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Emrys's blade slashed through the goblin's skin, muscle and bone with one quick, mighty thrust. She stared on as it fell bloodied and heavy onto the floor of the caravan wagon beside Kayle's lifeless assaulter. Life drained from the two in the form of a near-black pool beneath Kayle and Emrys's soles.

    She stood over the fiends, observing her and her companion's work of violent art. Beautiful... simply beautiful...

    Emrys gave a peircing gaze into Kayle's resounding green eyes and flashed a grin... at which time, Kayle's lips parted as if heart-felt words were going to make an intimate presence into the stillness of the air around them... but instead, he turned and motioned toward the wagon in front of them and called to her...

    "There are more up ahead. We’ve got to help them!" Kayle Exclaimed.

    Emrys smiled to herself. "Good to see some adventure... this is my moment to show him what my life's work is all about..." and with that thought, she ran quickly after Kayle.


    Taking two move actions a well. Following after Kayle.
    Last edited by KayeoticNeutral; 09-20-2009 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Spacing.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hyde Park
    Posts
    37
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Round 3 Summary

    Quote Originally Posted by Round 2 Summary
    Dez
    2 Free actions + 2 Half actions: Handle Item (reload pistol)

    Kayle
    2 Half actions: Standard Move (reposition at next wagon)

    Emrys
    2 Half actions: Standard Move (reposition at next wagon)

    Swamp Gobber
    Full action: Pummel - Miss

    Kirill
    Half action: Athletics check (equip weapon)
    Half action: Standard attack (Falchion)
    In a moment of partial desperation and partial panic, the last standing gobber throws itself at Kirill in a vain attempt to beat him back. The mud causes the attack to be clumsy and Kirill easily sidesteps it. He is able to bring his blade back around and down at the gobber, but the between wrenching it free from the wagon and the gobber's frantic attack, the attack barely catches his enemy's shoulder and the gobber does not fall.

    Kayle and Emrys trudge through the swamp's muck to try to assess the situation happening further up the caravan. They see the other gobber that was traveling along with the caravan loading a rock into a sling and pointing a little ahead.

    Red faced with anger or frustration (possibly a little of both), the gobber yells to you as you apporach,
    "The damned swamp buggers are after the packhorses! I can't seem to hit a damned thing in this fog, and I'd sure like some help in making sure they don't make off with my stuff."

    As the pair push their way through the mud past the sling-wielding caravaner, they see three more gobbers. One of them appears to be leading one of the packhorses into the swamp while another two are on either side of a chest they seem to have liberated from a wagon and are also heading deeper into the Widower's Wood.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Scene Information
    Emrys and Kayle can close to melee range with 1 move action of the 3 gobbers stealing stuff. Dez has a line of sight on Kirill's gobber, but not the ones up ahead. Kirill is in melee combat with the last gobber from the ambush. The sling-wielding gobber is not an enemy.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Age
    28
    Posts
    23
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Dez walked casually in the fog like a sunday stroll on a warm sunny day, proudly holstering a loaded gun and sighing as he took out its brother in crime that required his attention.
    In the midst of the fog, the gun tottering goblin suddenly came across a gobber that dez recognised from the caravan.
    "...G'day...*cough*... excuse me one moment.." dez mumbled in Molgur-Ur apologetically.
    And continued along the road loading the other gun.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Age
    24
    Posts
    302
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0
    The mud sucked at Kayle’s feet, trying to drag him down. It seemed as if the very swamp were trying to trap the caravan, to help in the theft and murder. Soft sloshing and breathing told Kayle that Emrys was right beside him. So it was true. The duo wouldn’t be split up again. Ahead another wagon loomed. Two of the little monsters were dragging away a chest of some sort, while a third was leading away the horse that pulled the wagon.

    No one else seemed to be around. Whether the driver had fled or was dead, Kayle didn’t know. He pushed forward as best he could, closing on the goblin pulling the horse. His hands slid across the grip on his blade as it descended, the air parting over the glistening metal. The weapon hardly shuttered as it hit the goblin, slipping through thin cloth and skin. True to his elven nature, his foot found purchase in the slippery ground, and he pivoted, moving around the goblin and casting a look at Emrys to make sure she was ok.


    Roles: Rolling 1d20 + 1 ( 15 ) + 1 = 16
    Rolling 1d10 + 1 ( 5 ) + 3 = 8 Damage
    Last edited by Marley117; 09-23-2009 at 05:30 AM. Reason: forgot to close quotes

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hermitage
    Age
    24
    Posts
    60
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Emrys had been trudging through the muck for a while, the stickiness of the filth impeding her movement significantly and all the while hoping that there was still action to be taken by the time she was able to arrive at the origin of the commotion in which Kayle and herself were trying so desperately to reach...
    Finally, she was there... close enough to strike. She was ready. She had sword in hand, feeding off of her blade's thirst for more blood and her own desires of the power that victory made her feel. Crimson spilling onto her blade was a thrill, and she intended there to be bloodshed...

    * ATTACK! *

    * Damage *


    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    09-23-2009 12:39 PM
    ATTACK!: 1d20 (19) + 1 (1) = 20
    Damage: 1d8 (6) + 2 (2) = 8

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Highland Village
    Posts
    160
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    The foggy cool night felt good on Ljusna's beard and face. The elusive white whipper, a bird with a beautiful tail feather was perched for the night and he was closing in. Just then a loud noise shook the treas, and the beautiful pray flew in an explosion of dew and noise.

    Ljusna spun to meet the noise, as his victim came running up, he didnt notice him till it was too late. Ljusna attacked the Gobber full on, lightning playing about his arms, his strike makes an electric crak as the gobber leaves his feet, falling lifelessly to the ground.

    Further noise rocks the forest as he hears the same screams, and now the sound of metal against metal. These little pests had cost him his week long search, and now they were accosting someone.

    Stepping from the tree line, Ljusna can see the foray below and picks out an unlucky soul.

    Spell Casting Roll - 1d20+8 = 14+8=22 success
    Spell "Polar Ray" - damage = 1d6 = 6
    ______________________________________________
    Those standing about see the night light up with a cold blue beam that streaks across from an opening in the tree line.

    The Gobber that is struck immediately chokes its war cry, as the air leaves its lungs, never to return.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hyde Park
    Posts
    37
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Bad guys' turn

    The gobber fighting with Kirill decides that the human is not going to go down easily and the fight is not tipped enough in his favor to continue. He holds two fingers up forming a "V" while giving him a dirty look and turning to disappear into the fog.

    In a flurry of action, the three gobbers that were making off with the caravan goods drop from steel and spell. Emrys and Kayle both manage to dispatch their targets with ease and the wild-haired dwarf managed to take one down with his magic.

    Almost immediately, the fog starts to dissipate and you can start to make out the rest of the caravan. Dark shapes are disappearing into the fog as the remaining gobbers that were attacking further up the caravan retreat into the forest. All in all, the caravan looks mostly intact other than the lead horse. It's kicking and whining is ended when Gunner's man, Viggo, uses his sword to end the animal's suffering.

    Gunner seems to be making his way down the line assessing the damage done to the caravan and his goods, "Thank you for keeping the end of the line here together like you did. The little bastards managed to make off with two of my crates, but I'd rather accept the losses and finish our trip to Corvis quickly at this point. I hate to do it, but you'd have to be mad to chase them into their own swamp. I'll be happy to compensate each of you for your help once we make it to the city."

    Quote Originally Posted by Onward to Corvis? Or beat the little man down?
    You can chase the gobbers down if you feel so inclined, or you can finish the journey to Corvis. Feel free to RP out the end of the scene if everyone's ready to head back and I'll start us up with whichever way you guys decide in my next post.
    Quote Originally Posted by End of combat summary
    Gobber loot:
    20 silver pieces (for each player)
    3 candles (to distribute amongst whoever might want them)
    Last edited by Foghorn; 09-28-2009 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Adding loot information

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What's your longest running campaign?
    By Arch Lich Thoth-Amon in forum Sci-Fi / Futuristic
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 08-26-2009, 04:40 PM
  2. Longest Gaming Session?
    By PlattevilleGamer in forum General RPG / Industry Discussions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-09-2009, 12:29 AM
  3. [D&D] Roll vs. Role: The Longest Night
    By PnP News Bot in forum News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 12:00 AM
  4. [D&D] Night Below Preview 9
    By PnP News Bot in forum News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-21-2007, 12:20 PM
  5. [D&D] Night Below Preview 1
    By PnP News Bot in forum News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-26-2007, 01:21 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •