Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: P and P G overhaul?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation P and P G overhaul?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Did P&PG just get overhauled? A bunch of peeps lost levels and this forum changed names!
    Last edited by michael; 08-31-2009 at 03:25 PM. Reason: additional info

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Michael,

The forum known as "General Chatter" has been split. See this thread for more details http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12633. As to P&PG experience totals, the new Off-Topic forum is not included in the post counts for experience calculation.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh man I bet peeps are gonna freak out when they see they lost xps!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wouldn't bother me a bit if I lost every xp I have here. Is just a number that says I have been around a bit. Still, there is a start date that kind of gives that away. Personally speaking, I think those who get xp from off topic posts pretty much laugh at the xp they get from it. Just gaming the system if done for the wrong reasons. Chill dude, it's not a big deal, we been prepped about it for quite a while.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

I for one applaud Farcaster and feel that his design was a good one I have seen the post count people on many fourms post +1, me too, and so on just to rack up the count.
    "Hey wich one of you punks stole Dr.Rockso's banana?"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mrken View Post
    Wouldn't bother me a bit if I lost every xp I have here. Is just a number that says I have been around a bit. Still, there is a start date that kind of gives that away. Personally speaking, I think those who get xp from off topic posts pretty much laugh at the xp they get from it. Just gaming the system if done for the wrong reasons. Chill dude, it's not a big deal, we been prepped about it for quite a while.
    Ahh, I had no idea that there was forewarning. I am really new here still.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wholeheartedly agree with Dark and mrken. And while I contributed a lot of the posts to those non-sense threads, it was never really about the exp pts. but rather about interacting with other people and generally having a good time. Trust me, I have spent many hours so far laughing at my computer and I would gladly do so again for no experience. That being said though, I look forward to a rapid decline in the posts people put up solely for exp. pts.
    "Plan?...There ain't no plan!" - Pigkiller

Downloads
    Uploads
    I understand the arguments an the reasons, but it was a rude surpise as I didn't understand what was happening. Where and when did this warning take place? I didn't see anything in the news posts on the home tab. The splittting of general chatter and off topic was mentioned, but not that it would affect xp. If there was a warning about this, could someone post a link to it. It was a rude surpise, precisly because it was a surprise.

"I don't pretend to have all of life's answers, but I do pretend to be a space man." - Unknown (can't remember source)
    "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, watch out! I'm HUGE!!" - Minsc

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Genesplicer View Post
    I understand the arguments an the reasons, but it was a rude surpise as I didn't understand what was happening. Where and when did this warning take place? I didn't see anything in the news posts on the home tab. The splittting of general chatter and off topic was mentioned, but not that it would affect xp. If there was a warning about this, could someone post a link to it. It was a rude surpise, precisly because it was a surprise.
    We will never understand the Gods for we have tried to do so for 1000's of years and failed. Even me, a Lich that has lived over 5000 years(the true number kept secret), and even I, with my great wisdom and intelligence has never even came close to having a clue.

I will admit this, i never cared for the realization that i am just a pawn on their grand chessboard in the sky. This is why i cursed them the only why i knew how, by becoming an Arch Lich. They will never get my soul, nevaar!
    Last edited by Arch Lich Thoth-Amon; 09-01-2009 at 01:55 AM.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do feel for you Genesplicer. I don't know about exp point totals, but as far as levels go I believe you were hit the hardest by this. And I never saw any of it coming. Sascha I think was hit pretty hard as well. Both of you posted pretty heavily in those 'non-sense' threads. But maybe you'll consider taking up a play by post now. Just a thought.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am trying to figure out what the xp awards for various activities are. I know you get some for posting on threads and posting new threads and blogs. I also know you get some for referrals.

I just got 18 points for making a blog entry. I will check my total after this post and see what I get for it. this is fun like exploring a dungeon to see what is around the next corner. I wonder if i will run into any wandering monsters.

***Edit***
    LOL, ok this post will score zero points because it is in Off-Topic. i will try another thread.
    Last edited by michael; 09-01-2009 at 07:53 AM. Reason: a funny realization occured

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhemedes View Post
    I do feel for you Genesplicer. I don't know about exp point totals, but as far as levels go I believe you were hit the hardest by this. And I never saw any of it coming. Sascha I think was hit pretty hard as well. Both of you posted pretty heavily in those 'non-sense' threads. But maybe you'll consider taking up a play by post now. Just a thought.
    Pretty sure my attention span's too short for anything but the occasional sardonic comment

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What? No love for Thoth? He lost over 12000 xp. All i got to say is next time you guys pray for clerical spells, Thoth might just be an ass about it. Yeah, i'm evil that way.
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry Thoth, I realize you were hit hard as well. But relatively speaking...well you didn't lose two thirds (?) of your exp. like Genesplicer. Still, I realize that's not much of a consolation.

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I never cared anyway, but i feel cursed at level 28. LOL

I'm having a string of bad luck here so wish me luck. We just got evacuated due to the raging fires so it looks like the house and everything i own will be going up in flames. Sucks to be me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast