Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: New Character question: Innate attack

Downloads
    Uploads

New Character question: Innate attack

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I am just starting up a campaign and a player wants a Innate attack that manifests in different ways. The genre of the attack is believable for the setting however I do not know how to charge him for it. I would love some sugesstions.

A close example would be having a flaming/burning innate attack able to manifest as a jet stream of fire or as fireballs each with their own moddifiers to the innate attack rules. Should I charge him for each way it manifests, or should I just combine all the multipliers for a final total? Just a pair of options and am open to other ideas as well

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sabanknight View Post
    I am just starting up a campaign and a player wants a Innate attack that manifests in different ways. [...]
    A close example would be having a flaming/burning innate attack able to manifest as a jet stream of fire or as fireballs each with their own moddifiers to the innate attack rules. Should I charge him for each way it manifests, or should I just combine all the multipliers for a final total? Just a pair of options and am open to other ideas as well
    The way I interpret the Innate Attack rules, and I think you can find confirmation of this on various sites, is that you add up the cost of each Innate Attack and then you add the One Force (or whatever it's called) limitation, which limits the character in that s/he can only use one of the manifestations of his/her Innate Attack at one time, because they are all governed by the same power. I think the limitation cost is -30% (2/3 left of the original cost).

Hope it helped,
    love from the Plague!