Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistorybit in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistory in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistorybit in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistory in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistorybit in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistory in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591
Chapter 2 - Page 4
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 57 of 57

Thread: Chapter 2

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    DeSoto
    Age
    32
    Posts
    97
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Tag finds the dagger tip, and studys it for a moment before handing it off to one of the others. "Find who his mistress is, and who took her if he saw. I will see if I can find any sign of a trail away from this place."

    * Perception *

    * Nature *

    (OOC: SOrry, was not sure which roll I would need for this so I did both.)


    That said the Warforged leaves along with Dabril and Deacon to look for any signs of a struggle outside, or signs that someone might have been drug off from the house.

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    09-14-2009 08:31 AM
    Perception: 1d20 (1) + 7 (7) = 8
    Nature: 1d20 (8) + 5 (5) = 13

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Statesville
    Age
    50
    Posts
    522
    Downloads
    16
    Uploads
    0

    Paro's, Tora and DM

    As Khalea tends to Paros he tells them "I am Paros Goodearth, Guardian Son of House Deneith, assigned to guard Investigator Doria Veldaar while she is home visiting as requested by her Clan." He calms quickly, continuing "I had heard a noise at the door, when I approached, it flung open knocking me to ground then I heard something and all went black till you soaked me with the water." He slowly stands and takes stock of himself, satisfied that he is all there, he thinks 'Now for my weapons' he turns to Tora in askance "M'lady, may I have my weapons returned so that I may find my Mistress?"

    As Tora finishes her search of the house, staying back allowing Khalea to finish "You have them when the group deems it acceptable, 'til then just relax." To the rest of them "Well I can't find anything clue as to who or what did the snatching, they did a good cover up except for leaving him alive." She then hands Paros's weapons to Targ, "Here Khalea, please hang on to these till the group decides to give them back?" She turns and walks out of the house looking around at the towns people passing by almost but not completely ignoring the group.

    * Tora Streetwise Check *

    Morganna again senses the magic aura and the direction it comes from, tho she still cannot identify it. She looks at the pendant senses a religious aura but can not identify the source.

    Khalea senses that Paros is being 100% honest with them and senses his need to fulfill his task. She also senses something with the pendant but can not identify it either.


    As Darren, Deacon, Dabril and Targ finish their circle of the house, having only confirmed Tora's assessment that there was no forced entry, they gather just outside the front door as Tora exits. Then as they start to determine its direction an elderly orc approaches the three of them.


    His skin is weathered and he’s lost his teeth and tusks, but his eyes are sharp and strangely focused. "It’s the Harvest," he mutters. "Sowing the new crop. This night, with three moons in the sky and darkness below. If you know what’s good for you, you’ll be out of here before it comes for you, too."

    Right after he speaks his eye become rheumy and he seems to sag a little as if he had been held up with in by something. He looks at you all and walks away, nothing you say or ask gets a rational response from him, he just looks at you as if you have three heads denying he said anything to start with and claiming he knows nothing.

    As he leaves Deacon finds a blood trail in the dirt pointing it out Darren, it is heading in generally the same direction as Morganna indicates the magic aura is coming from.







    Last edited by Windstar; 09-14-2009 at 11:06 AM.

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    09-14-2009 10:18 AM
    Tora Streetwise Check: 1d20 (13) + 1 (1) = 14
    Windstar - Escapee from the D&D'ers retirement home. Trust in the Shadows!!

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Highland Village
    Posts
    160
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Paros observes the transfer of his effects to Cleric Khalea, and watches as Tora turns and walks out of the room.

    He smiles and shakes his head, in disbelief of what has transpired and his allowance for it to happen.

    He gives a slight bow to Khalea "I thank you for your medical attention, and in order to keep the peace between us, I will allow you to hold my weapons temporarily". With that he looks up and smiles and the Cleric.

    Paros stands and looks about at those in the room.

    "Now, who are you all, why are you here, and what do you know of my Mistress' whereabouts?"

    Paros is 5'10 and has tanned olive skin. His eyes are blue. He wears chain mail armor and his effects seem to point towards what would outwardly be a fighter. The effects held by Khalea are simply two short swords, and no more.

    Paros Perception
    * Fly by Knight rolls some dice *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    09-14-2009 11:13 AM
    Fly by Knight rolls some dice: 1d20 (7)

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Saskatoon
    Posts
    100
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Morganna says, "The magical aura I am sensing leads in the direction of the blood trail, maybe we should follow it?"

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    danville
    Age
    57
    Posts
    260
    Blog Entries
    17
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Dabril says, sure lead on chief. And waves his hand in direction that he thinks morganna is going.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Halifax
    Age
    28
    Posts
    149
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "I personally know very little, I'm almost as new to this as you are. The Wizard seems to be the organizer here."

    Khaela awkwardly holds Paros' weapons, barely knowing the hilt from the blade.

    "I'm sure we can help you, there seems to be a trail of blood and magic starting from your front door. I'd assume the trail will take us to whoever was kidnapped from your home."

    No longer distracted by the events around her, she turns her eyes to the Kobold, hearing him speak in common, and speaking as if with first hand knowledge of something greater than himself.

    Her eyes narrow as she steps closer to him. Her lips don't move, to all she is simply staring at the creature.

    "What did you say? you speak common, tell me what you know of this trinket. You need not be afraid little one, any information you have can help me... us in our goals." She speaks only to the Kobold and only into his mind, his deliberate thoughts can be "spoken" back to Khaela when she connects in this manner.

    She stands idly in the center of the house, waiting for the group to act as a whole.
    Last edited by TheBlackDragon; 09-15-2009 at 10:33 AM.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Highland Village
    Posts
    160
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Paros looks to the others in the room, and sees very clearly that there is no essence of a team here. While a fully armed group of individuals stands about, his mistriss is further and further away.

    Looking to the blood trail, his heart beat quickens. He now sees the true gravity of the situation and time is of the essence. If this is her blood, there is enough here to cause serious damage if not death if she is not tended to.

    While Khalea looks to the Kobold, Paros picks up his travel pack and quickly aproaches the Cleric.

    "I know not who the woman was that told you to hold my weapons, and I know not who the wizard is. What I do know is that this group is wasting time milling about in my Mistress' home. I still wish no pain upon you Khalea so I am going to check out this blood trail, if it leads away, I will be back for my effects, approved or not."

    Paros turns and begins following the blood trail. Slightly shaking his head as the cobwebs begin to clear.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Halifax
    Age
    28
    Posts
    149
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Still waiting for the Kobold to reply, Khaela again uses her telepathic link to speak directly to Paros as he leaves.

    "I'll not stop you if you want your weapons, I trust I'm not the one you're after. Although to keep everyone on the same page you may have to "remove" them from my possession which shouldn't be difficult."

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    DeSoto
    Age
    32
    Posts
    97
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    As Paros starts to move the Warforged's axe swings to block his way for a moment. "Brave as it is to walk into the unknown without weapons, it is the aciton of a fool." Given that the weapons were in fact given to him to safe gaurd Targ returns them to Paros.

    "We waist time here, if the blood belongs to the woman that was taken then she needs be rescued soon, and if some foul magics really are being used in that direction then we need to hurry. The old man said this is part of some harvest tonight, so I say we press onwards fast and put a stop to this before there are three moons in the sky. What ever this is about, we will be best served if we find and confront it first, before it can come for us. Yes?"

    Targ finishes what is for him a long speach, and may well be more than all he has said to the group combined so far and waits for a second to see if anyone else agrees with him and will follow behind him and Paros before he starts to follow the trail.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Highland Village
    Posts
    160
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    As Paros faces the Cleric, he hears the voice in his head. He tilts his head, smiles, and nods. Then turns to locate the blood trail again.

    A few steps brings him to an abrupt halt, as a large axe blocks his path.

    Paros listens to Targ, nodding in agreement all along, and then takes his swords and returns them to their rightful place.

    "Well spoken, I could not agree more. I see our paths have crossed for a reason, and while I know not yet all of your names, I will soon enough. We have been given an opportunity to nurse from Olladra's bussom, come let us make haste."

    Paros steps out of the door, looking about, then back down to the blood trail.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    clemmons
    Age
    40
    Posts
    16
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    100 paces down from the door Darren waves impatiently to his companions, “come on.” Deacon is already a ways past him, nose to the ground following the faint blood trail. Darren turns back to the red wolf and calls to him in elvish. Deacon stops, looks up anxiously, and gives a high pitched bark. With one more quick glance back to his new friends, Darren races to catch back up with Deacon.
    Last edited by kingbee; 09-15-2009 at 10:05 PM.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Statesville
    Age
    50
    Posts
    522
    Downloads
    16
    Uploads
    0

    Chapter 2 Ends

    Thus, with the party all following the blood trail chapter 2 has come to an end. Characters receive 175 xp each, except Paros who receives 50, Gahr and Rillian who receives 0. Doing good guys, keep it up. Chapter 3 will be posted soon.
    Last edited by Windstar; 09-16-2009 at 10:13 AM.
    Windstar - Escapee from the D&D'ers retirement home. Trust in the Shadows!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Threads

  1. Chapter 3.5
    By Wyvern in forum The Dark Lord
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-20-2009, 05:40 AM
  2. Chapter 1: Day of the Comet
    By Webhead in forum Avatar: Scorched Earth
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-06-2008, 01:27 PM
  3. [DM / Player Tools] Chapter Four -- Psionics
    By tesral in forum Campaign Resources
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-06-2008, 07:53 PM
  4. [DM / Player Tools] Chapter One Cultures
    By tesral in forum Campaign Resources
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 02:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •