Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistorybit in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistorybit in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistory in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistorybit in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistorybit in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistory in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistorybit in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistory in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistorybit in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistory in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistorybit in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistory in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistorybit in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistory in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistorybit in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistory in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistorybit in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistorybit in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistory in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591
Chapter 2
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 57

Thread: Chapter 2

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Statesville
    Age
    50
    Posts
    522
    Downloads
    16
    Uploads
    0

    Chapter 2

    You still struggle to understand the nature of the Draconic
    Prophecy. Moons, planes, dragonmarks—for those with eyes to
    see, the Prophecy has the power to shape the future.

    Your journey through the Shadow Marches has left your cloaks and armor covered in mud, your clothes soaked with sweat. The short break ye had out along the kings way did little to help improve your moods. Hungry insects buzz about you, and the air is warm and wet. Your destination is Blackroot, a village tied to the Dorrm and Veledaar clans. The sun is beginning to set when the settlement finally comes into view. Like most villages in the Marches, this small community offers few amenities and no dragonmarked house services. There is no central authority in the Shadow Marches, and the village reeve is responsible for administering justice in the local region.

    Blackroot draws its name from the darkwood trees that thrive in this region, their tangled roots rising up from the soil to all sides. The ground here is relatively solid for the Marches, and the village sits atop a rocky rise. Its huts sit directly upon the ground instead of being raised on stilts above marshland, as is common elsewhere in the region. Orcs, humans, and half-orcs work together in the nearby orchards or pass along the main street. None of them seem particularly pleased to see you.

    Within moments, you are approached by a lean and muscular orc. His skin is weathered, streaks of gray seen in his long black hair. He bears no weapons and wears loose peasant clothing, but he carries himself with confidence.
    "Greetings," he says. "I am Toraash’Dorrm, the reeve of Blackroot. I don’t know what brings you here, but we’ve no inn, no tavern, and no time for strangers. I suggest you move on."

    Tora turns toward ye, "Well Lordling here ye be, now if ye please, my 20 gold for bringing ye this far? Thank ye, well folks I am tired, wet, dirty and hungrey, I am going to find meself a nice little camping area back towards the city, mayhap I will once again see ye."
    Last edited by Windstar; 08-27-2009 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Readability
    Windstar - Escapee from the D&D'ers retirement home. Trust in the Shadows!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Saskatoon
    Posts
    100
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Morganna thinks to herself...

    *Well, Mayor Happypants... I hope there is a place to relax around here, I am tired of trudging around... Otherwise I will be back and will use YOU as a log to sit on...*

    Morganna displays a playful smirk.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Age
    39
    Posts
    367
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    The small kobold appears very comfortable, even awash with mud and filth. He had looked similar in the inn and the idea of bathing seemed foreign to his culture. He pulled his hood from his head and removed the bandages covering his scaled and taloned hands. He held what appeared to be a crude spear that he used to trudge along after his mistress throughout the trek.

    "Toraassh’Dorrm of Blackroot knowss nothing my mistresss. Many ssecretss lie within thiss place. A housse of sslander and bigotry," as he begins to search through his decaying sack. Finding a few scraps of clean cloth he immediately begins to furiously clean his Mistress' dress and shoes of the filth she had accumulated upon the road.

    "You sshall be radiant again my lady,"
    as he kneels in the mud cleaning her soiled clothing.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Saskatoon
    Posts
    100
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Morganna looks down to the kobold.
    "Sys, you really know how to treat a lady. How chivalrous of you!"

    Morganna points...
    "Oh wait, Sys you missed a spot on my shoe over there..."
    Last edited by HowwwwL; 08-27-2009 at 09:21 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    DeSoto
    Age
    32
    Posts
    97
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    *CLANG*

    Targ's hand hits his face a little harder than he ment it to as he just shakes his head while watching the antics of the Kobold and the female that he has taken to calling his Mistress. As pathetic and lowly as the kobold acts the Warforged is wondering if it is an act. After his little speach at the inn about free will he has not said much to Sys, or to anyone else really given that he is not the most talkative of people. If the little one really wants to sublimate his will to another that is his choice right? Part of free will is the ability to choose to give it up after all.

    The person obviously in charge of the area just gets watched. Targ does not honestly think he would start a fight with a well armed group of strangers, but one never knows. Because he is not great with people Targ does not pay a lot of attention to the Half-Orc in charge but does look at the town he can see to see if he can see anythign that is off.


    * Targ rolls Perception. *
    Last edited by Windstar; 08-29-2009 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Die Roll

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Halifax
    Age
    28
    Posts
    149
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    After tearing the bottom few inches of her robes off to stop them dragging in the mud, Khaela watches the Orc closely. She listens carefully to his words and actions.

    * Insight - Sense motive/attitude *

    --- Merged from Double Post ---
    Although still seeming entirely at ease with the group of strangers, Khaela is often seen looking to the Kobold and it's master with a blank stare.
    Last edited by TheBlackDragon; 08-27-2009 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Double Post

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    08-27-2009 10:05 PM
    Insight - Sense motive/attitude: 1d20 (10) + 12 (12) = 22
    08-27-2009 10:10 PM
    Insight - Sense motive/attitude: 1d20 (9) + 12 (12) = 21

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    danville
    Age
    57
    Posts
    260
    Blog Entries
    17
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Dabril thinks to himself, what the hell did I get myself into. Im tired,dirty and have about had it with the kobold fawning all over the place. Dabril smiles and says in a sarcastic tone "Thank you for the information. I will be sure to recommend your fine town to my friends."

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Saskatoon
    Posts
    100
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    ** Being disregarded due to more than one action at the same time, I know we did not do an inititive but we all know how it works, give each player a turn while in play, if it is a known noncombat situation like in the INN thats one thing, but when there is a possiblity of combat we all have to decide and do their turns in the right sequence. I will be the only one to skip players, as noted in the OOC messages. **

    Now that Morganna is all clean and shiny, the thought of camping out with Tora just doesn't seem to exciting.

    "Hey Toraash! Yeah, you. Listen, you are the reeve of Blackroot. You have power here. I demand you find me and my friend Sys'lex, a place to stay in town that doesn't involve sleeping on a ground..." Eldritch magic flickers in her eyes, and on her hand.

    * 1D20+7 *


    OOC - EDIT: oops let's try that again...

    * Intimidation Roll *

    --- Merged from Double Post ---
    Okay I am gonna get this dice roller thing eventually....

    One more time!
    * Intimidation Roll *


    OOC - LOL! It rolled two dice on my last post! WTF? Okay DM pick whichever roll you like, it looks like it rolled two for one and the results are polar opposites...
    Last edited by Windstar; 08-31-2009 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Disregarding out of turn

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    08-30-2009 03:33 PM
    1D20+7: intimidation roll (0)
    08-30-2009 03:38 PM
    1D20+7: intimidation roll (0)
    Intimidation Roll: 1d20 (3) + 7 (7) = 10
    Intimidation Roll: 1d20 (20) + 7 (7) = 27

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Statesville
    Age
    50
    Posts
    522
    Downloads
    16
    Uploads
    0
    Toraash warily looks at the Kobold and the tiefling. Turning to Dabril, "Well youngling I did not invite you here and to my knowledge neither did any of my people. Although I know it is getting late, you may stay with in the town proper if you need to."


    Khaela senses that he is concerned with their arrival
    --- Merged from Double Post ---
    Tora hears the words spoken and slowly turns toward the Orc,
    * Diplomacy Check *


    "Grandsire, these travelers have come from afar to find an old friend, Doria Veledaar, perhaps you could direct them to her so they could complete their business"


    The elder orc grimaces and point to the right :Thier house is over there, tho they have left for Sharn at the request of Doria, you may stay there if ye like"
    Last edited by Windstar; 08-31-2009 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Double Post

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    08-31-2009 10:59 AM
    Diplomacy Check: 1d20 (19) - 1 (1)+ 4 (4) = 22
    Windstar - Escapee from the D&D'ers retirement home. Trust in the Shadows!!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    DeSoto
    Age
    32
    Posts
    97
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Targ nods at the others, and remains weary of any danger that may come thier wway from the house. "Be careful, animals are at their most dangerous when afraid."

    The Warforged knows nothing of the arcane arts, but he does understand nature.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    DeSoto
    Age
    32
    Posts
    97
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    * Perception *

    * Inititive *


    As Tora points at what ever it is in the house and Deacon suddenly starts to growl the Warforged pulls his axe out. "Tora, what do you see?"

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    09-11-2009 05:47 AM
    Perception: 1d20 (17) + 7 (7) = 24
    Inititive: 1d20 (20) + 1 (1) = 21

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Statesville
    Age
    50
    Posts
    522
    Downloads
    16
    Uploads
    0
    Tora calls out softly "Body behind the door" in answer to Targs query.

    * Toras Initiative Roll *


    Another low groan emanates from the doorway.

    * Paro's Perception Roll *
    Last edited by Windstar; 09-11-2009 at 06:59 AM.

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    09-11-2009 06:11 AM
    Toras Iniitive Roll: 1d20 (15) + 3 (3) = 18
    Paro's Perception Roll: 1d20 (5) - 8 (8) = -3
    Windstar - Escapee from the D&D'ers retirement home. Trust in the Shadows!!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    danville
    Age
    57
    Posts
    260
    Blog Entries
    17
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Dabril steps back and tells the warforge, After you big guy. he is holding his spell

    * Dabril steps back gracefully *


    initative
    Last edited by outrider; 09-11-2009 at 03:50 PM.

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    09-11-2009 03:50 PM
    Dabril steps back gracefully: 1d20 (19) + 1 (1) = 20

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Saskatoon
    Posts
    100
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    * Perception *

    * Initiative *


    Morganna clutches her quarterstaff in anticipation...

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    09-11-2009 06:02 PM
    Perception: 1d20 (7) + 1 (1) = 8
    Initiative: 1d20 (3)

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    clemmons
    Age
    40
    Posts
    16
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Darren strings his bow and pulls an arrow high in his quiver, while stepping back into the shadows.
    Last edited by kingbee; 09-12-2009 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Double Post

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    09-12-2009 12:08 AM
    ]kingbee rolls some dice: initiative [1d20 () + 4 (4) = 4
    ]kingbee rolls some dice: stealth [1d20 () + 9 (9) = 9
    09-12-2009 12:34 AM
    kingbee rolls some dice: init: d20 () + 4 (4) = 4

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Chapter 3.5
    By Wyvern in forum The Dark Lord
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-20-2009, 05:40 AM
  2. Chapter 1: Day of the Comet
    By Webhead in forum Avatar: Scorched Earth
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-06-2008, 01:27 PM
  3. [DM / Player Tools] Chapter Four -- Psionics
    By tesral in forum Campaign Resources
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-06-2008, 07:53 PM
  4. [DM / Player Tools] Chapter One Cultures
    By tesral in forum Campaign Resources
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 02:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •