Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Cthulhu for Savage Worlds!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cthulhu for Savage Worlds!

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    The line, which does not yet have a release date, will be called Realms of Cthulhu, and is to be published by Reality Blurs.

Personally, I can't wait. I have always really liked CoC, though for whatever reason it is becoming harder and harder to find games. It will be interesting to have a CoC licensed game to address more action-oriented Cthulhu adventures.
    There is no path, traveler; the path is made by walking.
    -Antonio Machado

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very cool, Tamburlain. I must admit that as of late, i do enjoy injecting more and more horror--when the situation calls for it--into my games. I'm curious to see what they come up with here. Keep us in the know, thanks.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome news! This is something I'll have to keep my eye on as I love both Savage Worlds and Call of Cthulhu.

I was surprisingly rather underwhelmed with the last few attempts at a Cthulhu conversion for other game systems (Trail of Cthulhu and Shadows of Cthulhu) and I hope this game does a better job of making it seem like something worth playing over the original or even the d20 version (which, while inferior to "classic" CoC, actually wasn't bad).
    HARRY DRESDEN WIZARD
    Lost items found. Paranormal Investigations.
    Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates.
    No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or Other Entertainment.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Awesome news! This is something I'll have to keep my eye on as I love both Savage Worlds and Call of Cthulhu.

I was surprisingly rather underwhelmed with the last few attempts at a Cthulhu conversion for other game systems (Trail of Cthulhu and Shadows of Cthulhu) and I hope this game does a better job of making it seem like something worth playing over the original or even the d20 version (which, while inferior to "classic" CoC, actually wasn't bad).
    Yup. I've actually never played any other Cthulhu game other than CoC, but that's largely because I've not been motivated to do so. There is a recent John Wick supplement that actually breaks the mold in this regard, but I've forgotten the title... drat. In any case, after reading how they are implementing the Sanity mechanic, I am very optimistic about the SW version. If it lives up to its press so far, I think that RoC may very well work to fill underserved niches in both the Cthulhu setting as a whole and in Savage Worlds; namely, an action-oriented cinematic influence on the Mythos, and a grittier influence on SW.
    -Antonio Machado

Downloads
    Uploads
    Curse of the Yellow Sign. It will be three scenarios altogether. It's pretty good, but needs a little cleaning up (like giving the soldiers real German names). I converted it over to Unknown Armies with little effort.
    I can see you.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, Law Dog. Are you saying that there will be an adventure for the Savage Worlds Realms of Cthulhu rpg called 'Curse of the Yellow Sign'?
    -Antonio Machado

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Savage Cthulhu... Preorders now available. I know there must be someone out there reading these forums who has played as part of a playtest group.

-Antonio Machado

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello All,

We sold through advance copies of RoC at Gen Con and have just recently opened our store offering Print+PDF bundles.

It has four play styles, allowing you to run your game as best you see fit.

Our first review is here and you can check out our thread on the Pinnacle boards and our own forums for more information.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Sean

www.realityblurs.com

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sean, thanks for posting the latest!

I do have one quick question. When is the hard copy due to ship from your warehouse? I know your site says "soon"--but are we talking soon, as in October or soon as in November?

Cheers!
    -Antonio Machado

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamburlain View Post
    Sean, thanks for posting the latest!

I do have one quick question. When is the hard copy due to ship from your warehouse? I know your site says "soon"--but are we talking soon, as in October or soon as in November?

Cheers!

Sure thing. It's currently left the printers and is traveling across the ocean even as we speak. I can't give the exact date on the old "slow boat", but my best guess is Realms of Cthulhu should leave the warehouses by early October. The PDF, however, you get as soon as you place the order with us.

Thanks for your interest!

Regards,

Sean

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm glad there is some new interest in CoC I just wished they would have kept the original rules and not changed them. I played Savage Worlds and didn't care for the system, but hey thats just my opinion to each their own.
    "Hey wich one of you punks stole Dr.Rockso's banana?"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark View Post
    I'm glad there is some new interest in CoC I just wished they would have kept the original rules and not changed them. I played Savage Worlds and didn't care for the system, but hey thats just my opinion to each their own.
    Hi, Dark. This is a purely supplemental system and is not at all meant to supplant the much-loved and venerable CoC. I happen to like both the traditional BRP-driven CoC system and SW, and so I see this as a chance just to have an option for playing Cthulhu in a more cinematic vein.
    -Antonio Machado

Downloads
    Uploads

4 Play Styles

Hello!

RoC features 4 play styles that let you tailor the game to you and your group's sensibilities. We appreciate BRP, but this rules set has been approved by Chaosium and officially licensed. We feel, if anything, it expands the gamers sharing the cosmic horror of good, old HPL.

Regards,

Sean