Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Need pics for Map Tools.

Downloads
    Uploads

Need pics for Map Tools.

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I currently use Maptool from RPtools.net

The latest version makes it real easy to put pics down as items that can be moved. So I can make bar that has tables that can be moved when someone throws it across the room.

I was wondering if anyone knew of some good site out there to get these pics. When they are in place I would like them to look like part of the map. So I am looking for the tpe of pics used in things like Dunjinni.

I know of some sites that have pics I am just simply looking for some more.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I guess it depends what you are looking for. Personally I like to use the D&D mini's as images for MapTool.

Grab creature images from here, and get some rooms and background stuff from here. These take a bit of editing to fit your campaigns though. Another option might be to grab the dungeon tiles and scan them in. The same would apply for the maps that come with the published modules.

One final place I go for images would be Dungeon magazine. The modules they offer in PDF usually have maps there for you. I just copy the maps from the PDF (sometimes they'll offer image files of the maps as well) and use them as needed.

One last place I could recommend is the Dungeon Tile Mapper. It offers a couple tilesets that you can use to create the map, then just make an image from it and use it in MapTool.

I've actually got a growing set of images I've put together from these sources. I've thought about putting the whole mess online for convenience and sharing, but I'm sure some of that stuff is copyrighted and I don't want to get in trouble for distributing it incorrectly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you watch this video
    http://rptoolstutorials.net/videos/I...agesIntro.html

This is what I am looking to do. I want images that I can add to a map and move around as needed. Players tend to get destructive and I would like the ability to move or remove an item as needed.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    go check out the gametable community. (http://gametable.mornproductions.com/forum) the members there have collected a bunch.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive