Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

2nd, 3rd, pathfinder, 4th... ??
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

View Poll Results: What system do you currently use

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2nd edition. I'm classically trained and intend to stay that way.

2 8.33%
  • 3rd edition or Pathfinder. I like the newer stuff, especially with a little tweaking.

11 45.83%
  • 4th edition. I'm up on the times. Whats new is always whats best.

7 29.17%
  • Homebrew. The best RPG's are the ones you write yourselves...

4 16.67%

Thread: 2nd, 3rd, pathfinder, 4th... ??

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up 2nd, 3rd, pathfinder, 4th... ??

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I gave 4th a good 'ol college try and really did not enjoy it much. I have a homebrew system that I like to play, but outside of that I'm really more of a 3rd edition (or possibly pathfinder) fan. Not to mention my severe lack of desire to spend another $400-500 dollars when 3rd works well enough (with house rules).

However, it seems like ALL the new games out there are 4th ed. and I just don't get it?! Am I really missing something? or is it that all the 3rd ed players are in long term groups that are looking for new players.

So, whats your vote?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm playing 4th because I just started playing again and it is the edition being supported by WOTC. I remember when looking for a group though it seemed to me there were a lot running 3.X. Just give it a couple of weeks, something will turn up. This seems like a really good city for gaming.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't play D&D... and feel that the people only buy it and play it because of the trademark behind it more than anything. I am currently running my system- that i plan to publish in the next year or so. however it is not the only game i play. I am part of a community of local game designers; Goplay PDX.
    I do not play them here or there, I do not play them anywhere, I do not play them with a fox. I do not mash that button box. I do not like MMO games. In the end ther're all the same.
    -Tesral

Downloads
    Uploads
    I currently play in to games..Jade's homebrew play test & a Rolemaster game. Of the choices listed I'd play 3.5 or Pathfinder minus the evil miniature/tactical combat & movement rules.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, sadly there is no choice for none of the above. Though I have played all of those options and they all have their own upsides and downs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been playing Pathfinder for a while now. I also play in a GURPS group and a Traveller group (using the new Mongoose rules).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gurps

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

2nd and below with dnd, with generous helpings of homebrew mixed in. I do play the others - at Conventions, but not when i can help it.

Primary rpg games i play nowadays: Traveller CT/Mongoose, WFRP (1 & 2E), and Gamma World (CGW). I usually mix CT and CGW together into one system.
    Last edited by Arch Lich Thoth-Amon; 06-21-2010 at 03:02 PM.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Downloads
    Uploads
    Was running a 3.5 campaign, but am working on some house rules for Basic Role Playing for the next fantasy campaign I run. Currently I'm running a Savage Worlds weird west campaign. Really liking the how easy and fast the SW rules are, but will use BRP for either a fantasy or sci-fi game next.

Not really interested in running the DnD system so much anymore either 3.5 or 4.0. Though I am playing in a Pathfinder campaign.
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was enthused with the DnD approach until 2, then with Skills and Powers we started twisting everything and i've never played non home brew since. Over the last 8 years, i've switched all but two of my campaigns to a non D20 system and those are really on hold. I plan on switching those, but the players have been reluctant as we only play like once a year.

Incarna; Role-Playing Game System
    www.incarna.net
    Running: 3+ campaigns set in single custom milieu world.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What, where there no editions prior to 2nd?

I am running two campaigns, Pathfinder and Classic D&D (based on B/X D&D)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I'm currently running a pbp Conan D20 game, playing in a 2nd Ed. pbp game (though it's looking like it might be dead), and playing in a f2f Dark Heresy game. I'm also contemplating starting either a Bronze Age E6 pbp campaign or an Alternity f2f campaign. I'm having trouble finding local Alternity players though.