Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Creating a recruitment flier

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Creating a recruitment flier

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I'm going to (with permission) plaster recruitment posters for my DnD campaign all over my high school but I have no idea what to say on it. Any ideas?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Who, what, when, where.

A photo or graphic that shows some of the excitement of your game will help catch the eye, plain bold font (Times New Roman/ Serif type font/ 12 or 14 pt.) big enough be read from five foot (be short and concise) as the future gamer walks by in the hallway, tear off numbers at the bottom of the page with a contact name and number puts your info into the hands of the people who self select themselves for your game.

You could go on WotC site or any RPG site with a graphic and just copy/paste a simple, bold and exciting image to use that will catch a muns eye and dwell in their mind long enough to come back and snag the number at the bottom and then call you. Don't worry so much about copyright infringement with the image, you are only using it for the start up of your game and unless you expect to charge for attending the game you will not be using it to profit. I took a macro photo of a mini I painted and used that, but I am sure if it was a Games Workshop mini I could expect a letter of cease and desist form their lawyers, same goes for WotC if they ever find out you used their image. Besides either of those two, you could e-mail the site owner and ask for permission and get a more permanent relationship.

Downloads
    Uploads
    if you word the flier correctly you could possible invite people new to the RPG games all together. That would be worth wild.
    I do not play them here or there, I do not play them anywhere, I do not play them with a fox. I do not mash that button box. I do not like MMO games. In the end ther're all the same.
    -Tesral

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thats what Im trying to do, I just can't think of what to say

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Froogleyboy View Post
    Thats what Im trying to do, I just can't think of what to say

You should read the Introduction in the beginning of the PHB to inspire your words, it would be worthwhile. I'm not sure what edition you are playing, but in the 3.5 PHB, the "Intro" and the "The D&D Game" section on page 4 might help.
    "If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat is swimming. If you want to experience the element, then get out of the vehicle...SKYDIVE!"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would phrase it in a way that describes what it is. If you say "Seeking players for Dungeons and Dragons", it could turn some people off as "geeky" or "complicated".

If, on the other hand, your main text body starts with something like "Live an adventure of glory, danger, and magic!", it might stop more people.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's the flyer I created for my game, now in its second year- I spoofed a Star Wars poster for the font and layout of the characters for the image-

http://www.worldsedge.org/comics/flyer.jpg

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it's interesting. I'm not sure if people who aren't familier with DnD will take much notice of it, but people who are would likely contact you about it. And they're a lot easier to start up with I imagine.

You may have already caught this, but:
    Canal of the Banal: "Elder mages of your ho meland"