Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: In-Game Thread

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Lucifer laughs and smiles in response to the comment about his dates from the cemetery. Then he says, "You need not worry about it for a while. I prefer them animate and I sadly do not have that ability in this body quite yet. I will just have to enjoy exploring the wonders of my own body and those of the living for a while." He flexes his hands and gently caresses his arm with a look of content joy on his face. After enjoying the though of what he could do with his new body for a moment he continues, "I like your idea. It is a solid base to work from and gives much better protection from being found out than mine. Not that they are mutually exclusive. We can attempt them all so far. If you would like I can direct some of my parties towards your establishments. It might give you a boost in recognition and I imagine that they have plenty of money to lose. You could even send me invitations and have huge opening celebrations based on my reputation. While I dislike the idea of losing some of the neat things you can do with illusions you may want to consider getting antimagic fields for the gambling halls to avoid magical cheating."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes of course. I am sure I can count on your assistance in that regard. And I was also counting on having a number of the more influential citizens of this city become regular customers of our gambling halls. Such people are not accustomed to losing and will therefore be more apt to stick around or make return visits in order to try and win back any loses they may have incurred. But more importantly, such people are susceptible to blackmail and could actually work in our favor to prevent the authorities from being too interested in our affairs should they come to enjoy the various vices that we encourage.
    "Plan?...There ain't no plan!" - Pigkiller

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wisteria walks in at the beginning of Lucifer's tale, she is wearing leather armor with two short swords on her hips and a long bow across her back. Her Rust colored hair is hanging loosely around her shoulders and her bright green eyes take in what is going on around her.

"I can help with sightings of strange things going on in the wilds or if need be making sure that the right animals are coming close, to distroy crops or kill sheep and cattle. Oh I am known around town for my temper if that helps." I say quietly to the group.
    Q: How many Call of Cthulhu players does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: All of them, because you never, EVER split the party!

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can change, and the weaponry to make the difference.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "I was a great warrior, they called me the Reaper, but I think that name should go to Lucifer now" I slightly laugh from what I said.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lucifer smiles and says, "I like it when you use my name." It was the first time since his death anyone had used his name. Even he had not mentioned it for fear of breaking his cover. It sounded so wonderful to hear someone calling him by that name even if he had lost the power that gave it to him. After fully enjoying hearing his name for the first time in so long he continues, "I also appreciate the gesture of suggesting your tittle for me. I am sure you earned it in your past and it means a lot to you."

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Don't worry about it, as long as you don't turn me into a zombie" I have a smile on my face, I guess I better make friends, or whatever you would call these people.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lucifer smiles and says, "Oh you needn't worry about that I much prefer skeletons and would likely choose something that would retain the memories of your training and be well suited to your style of fighting to make an even better warrior. I can assure you I would never make you a zombie under normal circumstances." His tone indicated that he was making an honest attempt at putting those concerns to rest indicating that he had actually given it considerable thought. While right now he could serve almost as well as a skeleton or zombie it was best to allow his talent to bloom and become even greater. These people where valuable as living beings and there were plenty of other bodies to use if he wanted to fill the ranks his army.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "Well aren't we getting all chummy." I say sarcastically.
    Q: How many Call of Cthulhu players does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: All of them, because you never, EVER split the party!

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can change, and the weaponry to make the difference.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, it's all so very nice isn't it? Nicky says with a smile on his face, which then turns to his usual scowl as he gazes at Lucifer and Volker. And when you two are done holding each others hands, perhaps you'll let me know so we can get on with our business. It is too bad our sneaky priest has fallen silent. Nicky's gaze shifts over to Mondis. Maybe he does not approve of our ideas and has some of his own. Or maybe he does approve and simply has nothing more to add. That would be unfortunate as he had proven to be a source of good ideas up until now. Oh well. Nicky then begins to pace back and forth with his hands held behind him and his head held low in thought. I suppose we need to come up with a list of names for those people that we feel might be of some service to us. People with money and influence who would be willing...or at least capable of providing us with the assistance we need to get our plans up and running.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Droxundus is a thriving metropolis, built upon the shores of the Nasiri River in the lush Verthollow Grasslands. The city is a member of the Khedesh Commonwealth, an oligarchy nation located in eastern Kelant. It is home to nearly forty thousand people, and is divided into four quarters: Platinum, Gold, Silver and Copper.

The Platinum Quarter is home to the Prima, who are the highest caste in the Khedesh Commonwealth. Prima are the nobility of the land, all wealthy aristocrats, merchants and arcane spellcasters who are considered superior beings to the lesser castes. The word of a Prima is never to be questioned by the lower castes and must be carried out under pain of punishment by the authorities. Anyone of lesser caste who attacks a Prima is immediately marked for death.

The Platinum Quarter is the smallest section of the city but is by far the most luxurious. It is filled with top quality shops, festhalls, exclusive social clubs and the lavish residences of the Prima. Entrance into the Platinum Quarter is restricted to Primas and anyone direclty employed by Primas to work in the Platinum Quarter and those given permission to enter.

The Gold Quarter is where the majority of trade occurs in Droxundus and covers one-third of the city, making it the largest section. City Hall is also located here, where the Council of Coins presides over the governing of Droxundus. The Gold Quarter is by far the most active of all sections of the city and is rife with rumors and dealings of all kinds.

The Silver Quarter is the third largest section of Droxundus and houses the Secunda, who are the second caste in the Commonwealth. They are the administrators and enforcers of the law that is made by the Primas. Most Secunda families tend to serve a specific Prima House, and those that don't specialize in a specific service. The quality of life is good here and the shops and businesses in the Silver Quarter are respectable but not as fancy as those in the Gold Quarter and a far cry from the elegance found in the Platinum Quarter. The docks on the western banks of the Nasiri River lie in the Silver Quarter.

The Copper Quarter is the second largest section of Droxundus, and is the "blue-collar" part of town, home to the caste of people known as the Dross. The Dross are little more than slaves, able to be "selected" by Primas for service at will. They are mainly left to perform the common duties of society that are hard labor related. They are conscripted to fight in time of war but are never given any rank or given leadership roles. Dross are led by Secundas, who ultimately report to a Prima. They are the fodder and workers of the Khedesh Commonwealth, and are treated poorly here in Droxundus. Primas are rarely, if ever seen in the Copper Quarter, and Secundas come here only when needed, leaving this section of the city to police itself. As a result gang activity is high, but crime is kept in check more or less within each of the gang's territories within the Quarter. Businesses and residences here are quite shabby, and it's suffice to say that many a shady dealings are carried out here. The docks on the eastern banks of the Nasiri River are located in the Copper Quarter.

((When imagining the style of the Khedesh Commonwealth, in terms of clothing, architecture and culture, think of ancient Greece and Ottoman Turkey. The environment is tropical so dress tends to be light and loose. More detailed background info on the city, the country and the caste system will be posted on OP.))

Downloads
    Uploads
    "...and where should we start"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, says Nicky as he produces a piece of parchment, a quill and a bottle of ink from a scroll case tucked inside a belt pouch. I will start here by writing down a list of the names of merchants that I, or rather Mr Xeron, is familiar with and what they might have to offer. The rest of you can then add to the list of names any other people we might want to include and the kind of services they might be able to provide, willingly or not, that can be of benefit to us. Nicky then sits down at a table and begins writing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Creston looks up as he hides the last of four daggers somewhere inside his clothing. Your plans sound quite well to me Hidan. Consolidating our resources is a logical first step. He walks towards the table where Hidan is scribbling down his information.

By the way, me new memories tell me that people in town call me Highborn Creston or sometimes Vicar Creston. My close associates sometimes call me just Creston or Vicar.

Creston looks over his new studded leather armor which extend beyond the edges of his religious vestments. I will have to come up with an excuse to tell my congregation the reason why their pastor has taken to wearing light armor. I suppose an anonymous threat to my life will suffice. The safety of this town has gotten worse already!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nicodemos looks up from his parchment and grins at Mondis, You're certainly right about that Creston. It has indeed. Here, he says as he slides the quill and parchment over to him. Do you have any names you would like to add?
    Last edited by Arkhemedes; 08-27-2009 at 05:45 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Creston takes the quill from Hidan and starts to scribble names down.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast