Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: In-Game Thread

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I get on my horse, "Damn, didn't know I would be walking this much, but I can't wait to get my equipment.", I say with a smile on my face.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I roll my eyes.
    Q: How many Call of Cthulhu players does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: All of them, because you never, EVER split the party!

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can change, and the weaponry to make the difference.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    On the way back to the city, Nicodemos turns to the others, Lucifer and Mondis in particular, After we get our equipment, we should probably return to our respective homes and tend to matters there as soon as possible. I'm sure some of us will be more missed than others. How long do you think you will need to get your affairs in order? We should meet up again as soon after that as we can so we can discuss our plans.
    Last edited by Arkhemedes; 08-18-2009 at 10:37 PM.
    "Plan?...There ain't no plan!" - Pigkiller

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lucifer replies, "Most will likely assume I have been in various beds and taverns this whole time. I am not completely sure I will be missed if I am gone a few more hours, but being gone as long as I have there may be a long lecture for my behavior and additional pressure to stop it for a while. It may be difficult to get out once I return home and finding legitimate reasons would be a significant change in character. One that may not be believed and would call attention to me. Basically it may be several days if not lincs before I can get out again and it may be wise for me to give what advice I can as to the plans before returning and being cut off for a while. I do have an idea that would get me legitimate reason to leave as well as working towards one of my plans, but it may not be enough." He was not sure how normal it was for him to be gone that long but the fact that no one had seen him for that time would make things difficult. It would imply he was either going to a lot of private parties or spending an awful lot of time with one person. While the former was possible other people of his stature would have seen him at such parties and would be able to attest him being there or at the vary least the existence of the party. Neither of which was currently true. It was going to take some work for him to properly spin the tale and he just was not a good enough liar to do it on the fly. He was going to have to work it out completely in his head so that he knew it as well as the truth before he even attempted to lie.
    Last edited by Fuzzy alchemist; 08-19-2009 at 04:20 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "I am a hunter. I will not have been missed much." I wish I was out in the woods now. Soon, soon I can be alone. Oh how could I have been so stupid!!!
    Q: How many Call of Cthulhu players does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: All of them, because you never, EVER split the party!

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can change, and the weaponry to make the difference.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Then unless the priest or our warrior friend, who by the way has yet to reveal the name of his alias, Nicodemos looks at him suspiciously, have any objections, perhaps we should go ahead and meet at The Pyre Dancer after collecting our things and discuss our plans then and there.
    Last edited by Arkhemedes; 08-19-2009 at 06:39 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I see no harm in meeting there now, I reply to Nicodemos.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very well then, replies Nicodemos. It is decided. We shall head straight for The Pyre Dancer as soon as we get our equipment.

The five minions of Lord Apoxalon return to the city a short time later, entering through the gate from which they had exited earlier. Since they are all disguised by Nashira's illusions it makes no difference if anyone recognizes them from before, because in a short while, once the illusions wear off, they will all take on different appearances anyway, presumably those of their bodies' true identities.

Soon after entering the city again, the party of five comes across one of the youths handing out vouchers, which in turn, help to guide them to the shop of Caddir, where each of them, using their alias's names to identify themselves, receives from him their equipment and a key allowing them access to a private room at The Pyre Dancer fest hall. From Caddir's shop, the five minions quickly make their way to the Gold Quarter of the city and to The Pyre Dancer located there.

Thinking it best to have each member of the group enter their private meeting room one at a time, Nicodemos instructs the others to separate themselves by several minutes before making their way to the meeting room in order to avoid any unwanted attention. Once they have all gathered there, realizing that the illusions that conceal their true identities will not last much longer, and anxious to rid themselves of the garments that they presently wear in favor of those in which they would feel more comfortable, they each don their newly acquired attire and equipment.

Nicodemos is pleased to find he has been given a chain mail shirt of master craftsmanship, tight enough and yet flexible enough that he can easily conceal it beneath the courtier's outfit, complete with a few appropriate baubles and accoutrements, which has also been provided. In addition to this, Nicodemos finds among his newly acquired possessions a long sword also masterfully crafted with a keen edge, a light steel shield and a few various other items commonly used by a man of his position and talents.

After trying on his new apparel, a slight, confident grin appears on the face of Nicodemos as he examines himself. Yes, this will do quite nicely. At least for the time being. It is good, after all these years, to finally be wearing something worthy of me. I shall fit in just fine with any of the upper class snobbery with whom I choose to associate.
    Last edited by Arkhemedes; 08-20-2009 at 09:27 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I look at what I get, masterly worked Full plate, and a two-bladed sword, he also has the necessary adventurer's gear and a short sword, I show off my wonderful talents while swinging the blade only a once master of the art would, I still mess as I go along. I still have to get used to this new body but I will learn in time."Man I am rusty, but that will all change soon enough." I have a grin on my face.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lucifer's change of clothes is obviously used for little beyond showing just how much money you have and how little you have to do. It was made of beautiful but delicate fabrics that iridescent in so many hues that the human eye could not pick them all up. There was layer upon layer making it uncomfortably hot, heavy, and hard to move in. Several of them were there simply to provide a surface to embroider with gold and silver threads and many held coats of arms for his family and his personal seal so that there could be no confusion who he was for official functions. It had a high collar that was stiff as a board so that it could stand up strait. He wore his signet ring and a gold necklace with a malachite pendant cut to bring out its best qualities. He puts his hair up in a bun with his comb holding it together. Lucifer liked the other set of clothes better. He loved the new body and hated how this set hid it away. He was buried under layer after layer of cloth hiding away all the lovely features of it except his face and weighing it down. But he was a noble and in these clothes he was a representative of his family and would bear it and put up the proper image. When he wanted to be himself he could don the other set and indulge himself.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Oh ya, this bodies real name is Yar Vashtos, but like I said, just call me Volker.", I look at everybody and make sure they understand.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lucifer nods and gives a slight pause before changing the subject to show that the topic at hand was being given the proper attention. When he chooses to speak he says, "So, how should we proceed? Should we have those of us who have not indicated the resources we can bring to bear do so? Or should we start making plans based on what we do know? Maybe a discussion on how we think it would be best to accomplish our goals? Perhaps a discussion on the proper way to discuss and submit information?" It had been a long while since he had had to work in a group and he wanted to insure things went smoothly. It was also the first time in a while he was this much in the dark. He used to have networks of people reporting to him and was aware of the resources he could work with. While he had plans that involved some of the resources he knew were available better ones might come to light with more information. He also had his own theories as to how best to make souls fall and others might have different ideas. Possibly better ones that would give him more angles to approach the problem from.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nicodemos looks at Lucifer. Hmm...Why do I get the feeling he has spent way too much time with his mindless undead. It seems he is a bit rusty when it comes to holding a conversation with real live thinking people. So, Lord Purnam, you say you have done this before? Why don't we start with you telling us how things went; what worked and what didn't work. I'm sure you have some ideas on how we might best accomplish our goals. And perhaps the others would do us the honor of contributing to this discussion with some ideas of their own.

As soon as it appears no one is paying any particular attention to him, Nicodemos uses his Sudden Silent ability to cast a detect magic spell and quickly scan all those around him, just to make sure no one is holding out on him, as well as to check for any unexpected sources of magic in the room.
    Last edited by Arkhemedes; 08-23-2009 at 09:32 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lucifer begins, "I once ran an empire which fostered evil so that souls would fall and end up going to my master's master all to maintain my end of a contract. Every incorruptible soul that was found in my empire was either killed early or sacrificed in his name and captured to be shipped to the ebonlands the hard way. While we will not be doing that, I have learned some things. First, people will do things that are reprehensible to them when afraid or at war. I would recommend we use Volker for that."

He shifts his gaze to Volker and continues, "We have you go out and keep coming back with reports of trouble. Especially if you can get in with some local heroes and have them fall to it. We can all contribute to making sure that there looks to be trouble on the horizon as well as insuring the fall of their heroes. Each of us can come up with excuses to get out and secretly help. We can also insure that you come back with proper wounds if needed." A gleam of delight appears in his eye as he considers the possibility of getting a chance to inflict wounds on this man and warp his flesh.

He quickly regains his composure and returns to addressing the whole group, "Second, I learned that people need to have ambition if they are going to start making deals. A dirt farmer does not think much beyond just scraping by, but if you give him the ability to taste the finer things and see what others have he will begin to want them and will begin doing questionable things to get them. To that end I would suggest a training program to get unskilled worker's skill and eliminate unemployment from the area. As long as everyone is competing to be the best and get the finer things in life instead of just survive they will be much easier to tempt. To that end I would like to request that Mr. Creston convince his church to start up the facilities and gather people to help with the training, possibly promising them workers in exchange for their assistance."

He looks toward Mondis, "If I recall correctly your church encourages helping people in that way and if they had some donors and the idea would likely jump at the chance. In time I might be able to convince my father to invest, but it is currently too much of a jump for me to immediately take an interest. I do have ideas for stepping stones to make it seem like less of a jump though, so I should be able to give you support if you need it."

He returns to adressing the group again, "One thing that will likely help would be to insure that there are plenty of finer things to want. To that end I will focus my efforts on the improvement of bath houses with the assistance of the church of Elhaym. They should be willing to help give people something to enjoy and likely know the best people to get involved to make these places the best they can be. This will give people something to want as well as fostering jealousy and distrust. We will establish a few that will slip through the cracks and begin offering illegal services and will be very quiet about who comes to them. When people begin secretly sleeping with our prostitutes, using illegal substances, or doing any of the myriad of things that they would not want others to know about behind these doors we will be given more ways insure their end destination."

He swallows and continues, "One thing you will note is that these plans do not rely on each other or interfere with each other too much. That is another thing I have learned. Make sure to have several plans so that if any fail all is not lost. They also work because it constantly looks like we are trying to help and that the problems that crop up are simply a matter of the nature of the people in the city. Everyone will have someone else to blame. They will be afraid of the looming evil so whatever they do is not their fault they were afraid. Or they were tempted by the pleasures of the flesh. It was not their fault. But all along they will be the ones making the choices and insuring their fall." He had given them a few basic ideas and the thoughts behind them. It should be enough to get them started talking. He figured the hunter could help with the reports of the looming evil and possibly the fall of some of the heroes. Nicky could easily get his hands into any plan he wanted depending on what he wanted to do.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nicky grins at Lucifer. Very good Lord Purnam, very good indeed. I understand you have a fascination with dead things. Well, so long as you don't let me catch you with any of your dates from the cemetery, I should think we will get along quite nicely. Lucifer's experience and intelligence could prove to be a threat to my authority here. So it may become necessary from time to time to remind the others just how perverted he is.

As for my thoughts on the subject, I plan to use my contacts among various merchants to influence the Merchant's Guild. It seems to me that in order to tempt people into doing things that they might not otherwise do, we need to have something to offer them. We will also need a source of income to finance our operation. I therefore propose to set up businesses that will generate revenue for us while at the same time provide a means for the populace to indulge in whatever their inner demons may desire. This source of income will, of course, be very discreet and will make it possible for us to conduct our business without relying too heavily on family or other more easily traced paths of exchange. My proposed businesses, such as gambling halls and various other clubs, will also be prime breading grounds for other entrepreneurs who have no connection with us but will, nonetheless, be serving our purpose unknowingly. These other businessmen will also serve another function as scapegoats should any authorities become wise to any criminal activities that they feel compelled to put a stop to.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast