Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistorybit in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistory in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591
In-Game Thread - Page 2
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 141

Thread: In-Game Thread

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Beckley
    Posts
    436
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Lucifer decides to risk speaking against his better judgment. While they had explained the basic idea there were some logistical questions that might be good to have answered. So, he pipes up and says, "I assume if you would like to speak to us once we are in position you could simply appear and do so, but do we have some way to contact you or the others gathered here without compromising our assumed identities? That may be something we need to work out before we head to the city if we do not already have a system in place. Even if we do not coordinate our efforts we will need to make sure we are not working against each other or focusing on the same soul when only one person's plan is needed to get it." His voice was high and fluid or at least would have been if Lucifer was able to keep his focus on speaking rather than being distracted by the sensation. He had not spoken like this before and the feeling of doing so was fascinating. He preferred the old way but this was interesting if nothing else. His body was used to having the words flow and once the novelty of the sensation wore off he would be capable of letting the pick up lines and complements flow from him like the Nasiri river in the grasslands below.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cherry Hill
    Age
    32
    Posts
    414
    Blog Entries
    4
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Nashira tilts her head slightly in Lucifer's direction, batting her eyes a few times before letting out a drawn out sigh. Your rings are all magically attuned to each other so that you may communicate if separated, up to a range of three miles. Dinner time is now over, we depart for Droxundus. For now you will go back to the residences of these bodies and do your best to fit in while you get used to the city for a few days until I call upon you. If you want to stick together I suggest you congregate at a tavern, The Hungry Lion should do for the time being. Come.

    As Nashira heads for the exit, her body transforms into a raven-haired beauty of a human clad in an elegant purple dress. She leads you down several passageways until you reach the mouth of the cave where horses await you. Mounting up, you begin your journey across the Verthollow Grasslands on the road to Droxundus.

    The city is a bustling metropolis even at night, and you can see torchlights dancing upon the waters of the great Nasiri River, which runs directly through the center of Droxundus. Great walls surround the city, and three fortified bridges span across the river to connect the two halves of the city. Crossing through one of the many gates you find yourself amidst tall buildings, merchant carts driven to and fro, and peddlers of every kind offering some kind of ware to any who might listen. Nashira gives a coy smile and a wave before taking her horse down a busy street, leaving you alone for now. Surely the knowledge in your ring will help you find your way to a bed.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Worth
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,503
    Blog Entries
    3
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Now that Nashira has taken her leave, and before the group breaks up to go their separate ways, Nicodemos feels it is time for him to speak up. Alright worms, listen up! I didn't spend the last 200 years in the pits to finally have this opportunity presented to me, only to be sent right back because some slacked-jawed neophyte decides to try some ill-conceived plan and screw things up for the rest of us. I'm not going to let that happen. Is that understood? Now before any of you decides to take a whiz in your pants and call out for your mommy to come and save you from the big bad man, I suggest you check yourself and stow any such sentiments for a time when you can go and pout on your own. And before any of you comes up with any foolish notions of placing a knife in my or anyone else's back, let me point out that that is exactly the kind of ill-conceived plan I am referring to. We stand a much better chance for each of us to get what we want out of this if we work together. Is that understood?

    Now the first thing we need to agree on is who is going to take charge of this chicken-shit outfit. And since that has just been decided - by me - I propose we move on to the next item on our agenda. Does anyone here have a problem with that? Good! I thought not. Now the next thing we need to do is come up with a plan. And since most of us are not exactly equipped right now as we would like to be, I suggest we each take a little time to remedy this problem, and pick a time when we can gather at The Hungry Lion to discuss our plan. Does anyone here have any other suggestions they would like to add?

    Last edited by Arkhemedes; 08-15-2009 at 10:40 PM.
    "Plan?...There ain't no plan!" - Pigkiller

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Shandon
    Posts
    637
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Volker laughs, "Ok I understand how much you need to be a leader, don't worry I'm not much of a leader anyways, I have always just taken orders... Oh ya I have one more thing, what are we all good at, I'm good at the two-bladed sword."

  5. #20
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Worth
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,503
    Blog Entries
    3
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Good. Like the attitude. Welcome to the team. It appears you're going to be the muscle for our little group. By the way, the name is Nicodemos, but I'll be going by the alias of Hidan Xeron, a sorcerer looking to start an alchemy business here in town. As for what I can do...well, a little bit of might and a little bit of magic. Good at both, but a master of neither. My real strength lies in the combination of the two...that, and of course, being a leader...Oh yeah, and scaring the crap out of people.
    Last edited by Arkhemedes; 08-15-2009 at 12:21 PM.
    "Plan?...There ain't no plan!" - Pigkiller

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Beckley
    Posts
    436
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Lucifer laughs sarcastically and says, "Let me get this strait oh wise leader. You want to gather at a public place together and discuss these sort of things? We should not even have ridden in together. Now there are guards and various other people that can testify to the fact that we are some how connected should anything go wrong with any of our plans. It seemed most wise to me to keep that sort of thing secret but apparently you and the lady felt different. Now as I am no leader I will not contest your position but you may want to think and ask council before you make major decisions. There are plenty of people to help you on that. I would speak as to my experience in this field as I have done it before but you have no reason to believe me and it is a public place. Perhas you need investors or guards for your shop Mr. Xeron? Maybe some magical wards to make sure that the competition does not spy on you and thieves do not get in. Or do you already have those things?" Several of his plans had just been ruined by someone who was theoretically a pro at this and things were only going down hill with the people who were willing to blab their secret identities on a busy city street and discuss their plans of corruption in a tavern full of people. Had no one heard of stealth here? Corruption like they wanted required not being seen as a threat and definitely not being burnt at the stake which was where they were headed. He wished he could pull of the subtlety better but he needed them to get what he was indicating.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Worth
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,503
    Blog Entries
    3
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Nicodemos grins confidently and calmly says in a low voice, I assure you my good man, I would not have spoken thus if anyone were within earshot of us. But you make a good point. Perhaps you have a better idea then. You say you have done this before? Well then, I am trembling with anticipation to hear all about it. But here is not the place. I asked for suggestions - so don't be shy about it. Let's hear it. And can you not at least give us a name by which to call you? Hmm...unlike his outward appearance, he does not appear to be weak-willed nor a fool. And despite my earlier misgivings, this one may indeed prove to be a very valuable asset to the group. And I like the fact that he does not cower at the first sign of a barking dog. This one shows some promise indeed.
    Last edited by Arkhemedes; 08-15-2009 at 06:05 PM.
    "Plan?...There ain't no plan!" - Pigkiller

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    20
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Those who look will notice that Mondis has to be on the edge of the "within earshot" perimeter, if not actually outside of it by several feet. He waits until he is sure his gaze is noticed by Nicodemos, then subtly heels his horse. Quietly the both back into a shadow.


    * Stealth Roll *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    08-15-2009 05:21 PM
    Stealth Roll: 1d20 (13) + 8 (8) = 21

  9. #24
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Worth
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,503
    Blog Entries
    3
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Hmm...I see one among us is the quiet type. Very good...and potentially very useful. After all, the best way to catch a spy is to have one of your own. Nicodemos gives him a slight nod of approval - more of a look than a nod - before he disappears into the shadows.
    "Plan?...There ain't no plan!" - Pigkiller

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Beckley
    Posts
    436
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Lucifer forms a polite smile and says, "I made my suggestion. If you have a shop it would likely offer us a place to talk privately and it gives me an explanation for why I was with you all when words gets back to my father. I will explain it as an attempt to actually make something useful of myself by probing for ways to improve the community and expand our connections. I am Purnam Kadra, son of the noble Gazzan, lord of our house. So, if I understand correctly the proper way to refer to me would be 'your lordship' or 'lord Purnam'." This seemed a decent enough way to insure that people would not find this too suspicious and it would explain some of his other plans as well. A son attempting to finally prove his worth to his family by doing something on his own. It had been done several times before and few would question it. He would still be the same basic person.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Shandon
    Posts
    637
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "Ha, you can just call me Volker, trust me, no one this body knows is around here, he is a traveling adventurer who is... I mean was trying to make a name for himself."

  12. #27
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Worth
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,503
    Blog Entries
    3
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Ah yes your lordship, Nicodemos says in a less subtle tone of voice as he winks at Lucifer. You are quite correct. I am indeed looking to place a few magical wards on my new shop. Come then, let us proceed to a place better suited for our business dealings. If you will please follow me and my companions. Hmmph...I understand now why he was so concerned. It would have been nice to know he was wearing the skin of such a public figure before we came trapsing into town like this. I may have to have a word with that she-devil about being a little more forthcoming with information.
    "Plan?...There ain't no plan!" - Pigkiller

  13. #28
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Portland
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,386
    Blog Entries
    16
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    well what an interesting group I've gotten stuck with. Figures. I look at our so-called leader and nod to him. In a quite voice "Or perhaps we should find a quite place outside of town till we know the shop is secure."
    Last edited by traesin; 08-16-2009 at 12:06 AM.
    Q: How many Call of Cthulhu players does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: All of them, because you never, EVER split the party!

    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can change, and the weaponry to make the difference.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Beckley
    Posts
    436
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Lucifer nods and says, "A valid point. I currently lack the spells to make it secure and it is unlikely if you were just starting out you would have had them in place. Not to mention we are more attempting to avoid random people over hearing us not spies. That can be accomplished by simply being were we will notice anyone who would notice us." He was moderately impressed by the good judgment of the lady. His plan could have put them at risk as well though it was still better than an open street.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Worth
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,503
    Blog Entries
    3
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Hmm...Perhaps you are right. Outside of town would be better. Do you have some place in mind?
    "Plan?...There ain't no plan!" - Pigkiller

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Game Thread
    By wizarddog in forum Ravager of Time
    Replies: 403
    Last Post: 08-18-2010, 03:45 AM
  2. In Game Thread
    By DM_Running_Farland_3.5 in forum Reclaiming Daven
    Replies: 383
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 09:22 PM
  3. Game Thread
    By wizarddog in forum Dark City: The Guild War
    Replies: 160
    Last Post: 07-25-2009, 05:36 PM
  4. Game Thread
    By Anaesthesia in forum Revenge of the Dragon
    Replies: 1490
    Last Post: 03-04-2009, 10:35 AM
  5. Game Thread
    By Caligula in forum Shadows at Dusk
    Replies: 128
    Last Post: 11-21-2008, 01:32 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •