Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead of the Night: Game Thread - Chapter One

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Varian looks up and says, "Why yes, we are going to Mordent. And certainly, I believe you would be quite welcome to join us. Here, have a seat. My name is Varian, and this is Goddle and Alden. If you don't mind my asking, what interest do you have in Mordent, miss.....?",Varian asks as though fishing for a name.
    "Plan?...There ain't no plan!" - Pigkiller

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "Oh. Um-mm. Thank you." I say as I sit down. "My name is Amber. I'm going to Mordent for guidance." I look down at the table, then look up. "My village has a problem and I'm going there for guidance." I look around at each of them. "I would appreciate it if I could travel with you. There is safety in numbers." I say smiling shyly.
    Last edited by Arkhemedes; 08-13-2009 at 12:10 PM.
    Q: How many Call of Cthulhu players does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: All of them, because you never, EVER split the party!

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can change, and the weaponry to make the difference.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I see the beautiful girl walk up to us and ask if she could go to Mordent with us. What luck! I say "Oh yes of course you can come. I was going to ask you if you wanted to join our group. We are just a group of adventurers really. Also I am wondering, I am a warrior, and Varian is a cleric, and I think Goddle here is a warrior as well, but I really never got an answer from him. I was wondering - you can still come with us - but what type of skills do you have?" in a nervous voice.
    Last edited by Arkhemedes; 08-13-2009 at 12:58 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    At this point I enter the barroom from the lobby stairs. I grimace and turn to the right to find where the tables are. Slowly I make my way over the floor in an attempt to find some place to sit and possibly just rest for a time.

I'm a young woman of average height with fiery red hair that flows down, framing my face and reaches the center of my back. I've got deceptively human features to anyone who's not looking quite hard enough. My skin is pale to the point its almost powder white and I've got a piercing green stare as I eye a vacant seat across the room. My clothes are made of white furs that seem almost too clean and too well kept, they conceal most of the usual skin only leaving the midriff, arms and legs mostly exposed.

By my dress its obvious that I am shapely underneath the clothes and there's a confidence in my gait, but at the same time there's something inherently hidden in my expression, like a deep contemplation that might come off as anger. There's a composite long bow on my back with a quiver of arrows next to it.

As I reach the center of the room I come to a stop, as if to think of where to sit now.
    Last edited by Arkhemedes; 08-13-2009 at 03:32 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I look to see a woman with a longbow and a quiver of arrows strapped to her back, she seems very pale, almost reminds me of a vampire. But I highly doubt that she is. I don't really want to talk to her for she seems... different in some way. I will have to watch this woman, and see what she is up to.
    Last edited by Arkhemedes; 08-13-2009 at 06:10 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As the girl with the bow makes her way to the center of the barroom, a number of the inn's patrons watch her pass by including the elf sipping on his wine and the young man dressed in dark clothing in the corner of the room. The young man sets his mug of ale on the table, leans forward and says to her with a big smile on his face, "Pardon me miss, but there is plenty of room here at this table. Please, have a seat. You look like you could use a drink perhaps."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I turn my eyes down, glancing at the gentlemen over the top of my nose. There's a thought in my head about his true intentions. Slowly I slide the chair back with my foot and bring my weight down in to sit in it. Running a hand through my hair, I crack a smile and sigh,"Guess I could." I offer my hand to him, "Name's Cissinei, charmed."

Last edited by Arkhemedes; 08-14-2009 at 05:13 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I shyly look up at Alden, give him a smile and reply " I know a little history about some places and I'm kinda good with a mace."

I see the women with the bow come in. I watch her interact with the guy in the corner and shrink down into my chair a bit, trying not to be noticed. I also try to get closer to the person sitting next to me.
    Q: How many Call of Cthulhu players does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: All of them, because you never, EVER split the party!

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can change, and the weaponry to make the difference.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Varian, sees Amber move closer to him and there is an uncomfortable look on his face as if he is unsure whether or not she moved closer to him because she's trying to be more friendly or because she wants to keep an eye on the other girl from across the table.

Varian, clears his throat, "So...anyway, Alden was just asking us if any of us had ever seen a vampire. Hope that's not a subject that bothers you Amber. I would have to say no to that. What about you Goddle?....Goddle?"

Goddle, who can't take his eyes off of Amber, stammers and says, "Huh? Oh sure, vampires, seen 'em all the time. Oh, I probably killed half a dozen or so."

Varian rolls his eyes and says, "Figures you'd say that. Guess I should have known."

Meanwhile, over at the next table, the young man takes the girl's offered hand, and perhaps encouraged by the ale he's been drinking, leans over and plants a light kiss on her hand. "Charmed indeed," he says. "The name is Mirapesh. So Cissinei, what brings you into this old inn so far away from civilization?" Mirapesh is fairly charming, in a roguish sort of way. "Say, that's a nice bow you've got there."
    Last edited by Arkhemedes; 08-14-2009 at 07:50 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "We may need your skills sooner than later. I am glad you joined our group. Well I think that I am going to ask the mage, Lyons tomorrow if she might join us now. I mean we are all going to Mordent, and we are all protecting each other. So I see that as a job in itself." I still look over at the pale lady a few times to see that she is sitting with another man and I vaguely remember hearing that her name was Cissinei. I am not worried about her too much, but I still will keep an eye on her for now. Don't think I will get any sleep like last night, even though I am in a very nice inn.
    Last edited by Arkhemedes; 08-14-2009 at 12:09 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I seem a little taken aback by the kiss on my hand at first but I still barely react. Quickly I glance around the room and then look back to Mirapesh, "I don't actually know, I've got a bit of a...memory issue."
    "What about you?" I ask, "what brings you here?"

Last edited by Arkhemedes; 08-14-2009 at 05:14 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "Well," says Mirapesh. "I'm just passing through. Had some business to attend to in Nevuchar Springs and now I'm on may way back to Il Aluk. I'm in the sales and acquisitions business. Would you happen to be headed that way?"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I glance down and away slightly and then look back up at him, "I actually wouldn't happen to know where I am headed." My hand goes up into my curls and I stroke them back away from my cheek. Then I lean down on the back of my hand, resting my arm against the table, "All I can tell you is that I'm thirsty, lost and not very much sure of anything when you get right down to it. Like, I know I fancy this bow, but I haven't the slightest idea why..."

Last edited by Arkhemedes; 08-14-2009 at 05:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "Well here, I think I can help you with at least one of you problems...then we'll work on the others." Mirapesh waves his hand over at Ardmor behind the bar, who, in turn calls out, "Imogen, we have another customer!"

Imogen then appears from behind the kitchen door as she says, "Yes father, I'm coming." She then looks about the room, sees Cissinei and heads over to her. "Hello, can I get you anything to eat? I'm afraid all we have is stew and bread. Or something to drink perhaps?" She turns to Mirapesh and says, "And how about you? Can I get you another ale?"

"Sure," says Mirapesh. "And I think she would like something to drink. What would you like sweetie?" he asks as he turns to Cissinei.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I glance up at the girl who's come to take our order and make a bit of an uncomfortable expression as I raise my chin from my hand. With a slight variation from my last tone, I speak, "A stew of some kind and wine will be sufficient." I touch Imogen on the back of the hand lightly, then look back to Mirapesh.

When she has left the table to go and get the things, I will ask, "This Imogen, she's your daughter?" There's a curious look on my face, one Mirapesh might have trouble reading.

Last edited by Arkhemedes; 08-26-2009 at 01:14 PM.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast