Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: Dead of the Night: Game Thread - Chapter One

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I quietly take a seat in a chair and just stare at the creature.
    Q: How many Call of Cthulhu players does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: All of them, because you never, EVER split the party!

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can change, and the weaponry to make the difference.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "Wait a minute," says Ardmor as Alden begins to walk away. "You can't just leave this dead thing lying on my floor while you run off and go to sleep. And what about all the other dead bodies lying about my inn?" Ardmor pauses then with some obvious frustration. "I tell you what," he continues in a calmer tone, "If you folks help me take all the bodies out to the barn right now, and then help me to bury them tomorrow, I'll make it worth your while. I'm sure the five people who died here, not to mention this creature, had some valuables on them. I'll let you take any magic items and spell books and other such things...I'll keep any money they had to pay for the damage to my inn...if you'll help me clean this mess up a bit. And as for your good night's rest, well you've already lost about two and a half hours of it. What's another half hour going to matter? So, what do you say? Do we have a deal?"

Varian, Cissinei and Krac all glance over at Alden as if there is no question that they will help.
    Last edited by Arkhemedes; 10-27-2009 at 05:35 PM.
    "Plan?...There ain't no plan!" - Pigkiller

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alden looks at the bodies and says, "Okay, you got a deal, I guess I just got sleepy. I usually would have offered." I yawn a little bit, and shake my head to stay awake.
    Last edited by Arkhemedes; 10-27-2009 at 11:52 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "I don't mind helping out."

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can change, and the weaponry to make the difference.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The guests of Ardmor's Inn and Trading Post help Ardmor and his family take the bodies of the five recently deceased guests and the creature known to them as Rudvarien out to the barn. It is grisly and disgusting work. And there are times when some of them just don't have the stomach for it. But eventually it gets done. Afterwords, Ardmor is happy to pour a round of drinks for Amber and Varian and anyone else who wants to join them. Krac and Cissinei likewise take up the offer as they don't see themselves getting to sleep anytime soon otherwise...especially after what they have just dealt with.

While they are all gathered at one of the tables, Varian says to Alden before he heads off to his room, "Won't you join us my friend? We are bound to be sleeping late in the morning as it is, and I don't think we are in that big a hurry to get to Mordentshire are we? Besides, there is something I've been wanting to ask you. What was it that Rudvarien said just before he...it, jumped out the window? Beware the Kargat? Does that mean anything to you?"

I decided to postpone the next morning just a bit as there are a couple of things I think the characters should discuss briefly before turning in.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I say, "Kargat... so, that's what he meant. He meant to say Kargat. He died by the hands of that bastard. I don't know anything about him... but he killed my master. His name was Wat, and he taught me how to wield a blade, and... he was my father." I put my head down, a tear runs down my face and I rub it away. "I will find and kill him."
    Last edited by Arkhemedes; 10-30-2009 at 12:58 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I put down my drink and stare into it. "The Kargat is King Azalin's secret police." I say quietly.
    Last edited by Arkhemedes; 10-29-2009 at 08:15 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am surprised at what Amber said, and I say "They... are an organization? Assassins killed my master? What would he have done to deserve such a fate?" I close my eyes and see his face once again, the memory of him and I training for hours on end feels like paradise. All I wanted was to live and learn under his blade, and then the memory of his death floats back up to the surface of my mind. I know I must avenge his death, and then I say, "Nothing... he couldn't of done anything to deserve that. Fine, I will destroy their organization. I just don't know how to do that yet."
    Last edited by Arkhemedes; 10-30-2009 at 09:00 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Krac is taking a drink from his mug as Alden is speaking, and with eyes wide open he spits up a spray of ale at Alden's last comments. "Destroy the Kargat?!? Are you mad?! Do you have any idea what you're saying?! Just saying things like that might get you killed, boy!"

Varian, puts a hand on Krac's arm to calm him down. "Well now Krac, you can't blame him for wanting to avenge the death of his mentor. I understand his pain all too well." Varian then shifts his gaze from Krac to Alden. "But I'm afraid that Krac has a valid point...though he could have phrased it better. From what I understand, King Azalin is a very powerful wizard himself, and his secret police is sure to have many powerful members as well. You may as well declare war on Darkon itself. Keep in mind that in the past few decades Vlad Drakov, the ruler of neighboring Falkovnia, has tried four times to invade Darkon. And every time his army has been utterly crushed. Not even an army could defeat him and he has proven it four times now. No, I'm afraid that if it was the Kargat that killed Wat, then talk of revenge may be futile if not down right dangerous. At the very least, it should wait for another day when you are more capable. I tell you what Alden, come with me to Mordent, and perhaps one day, when we feel that the time is right, I will return with you to Darkon and we will do more than talk of revenge...you have my promise. What do you say? Does that sound like a deal?"
    Last edited by Arkhemedes; 10-30-2009 at 10:20 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I look down, holding back rage, knowing that I can't take them on just yet without a miracle. "Damn it...your right. I have to be smart about this. Okay Varian, I will join you. Tomorrow, we head for Mordent."
    Last edited by Arkhemedes; 10-31-2009 at 12:43 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "Very good," Varian says. He then turns to Amber with a slight grin and says, "Now, if we can change subjects a bit. May I ask you why you didn't bother to tell us you could cast spells? Is there anything else that you can do that you failed to mention?" He says this in a teasing way with the intent of trying to get Amber to open up a bit rather just being nosey.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "I......I don't like people knowing." I say staring into my mug. "I had to leave my home because of it." I look up at Varian and say quietly "I don't have to study to do it. I just know... But I am good with a mace and a sling."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alden looks surprised, "Wow, you can do magic withought studying a spellbook or anything? That's incredible. There is a name for that. I think it's..." I pause for a moment, knowing she won't want me to say it out loud, and then I whisper, "I think they're called sorcerers."
    Last edited by Arkhemedes; 11-01-2009 at 02:08 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "Yes," says Varian while looking at Amber. "Fair enough. I suppose we all have certain things about us that we would rather not dwell on. But..just to let you know, if you need someone to talk to, I'm here for you."
    "And that goes for all of you," he continues as he looks at the others sitting at the table. Then looking over at Cissinei, he says, "So...what about you? I don't suppose anyone bothered to ask you which way you were headed from here."

At this, Cissinei frowns a bit and looks down at her mug with the same dismal expression as Amber. "That's just it," she says quietly. "I don't know where I'm headed. In fact...I can't even tell you where I've been. I seem to be having some problems with my memory."

Varian's expression turns to one of concern at this and he says, "You didn't bump your head did you? Do you mind if I have a look?"

"No, I don't mind," she says.

Varian then gets up to take a look. But after a minute of searching and feeling around the top of her head, he shakes his own head and says, "Well, I don't see anything."

"No," Cissinei answers back. "I didn't think you would. But the last thing I remember was walking through the valley and coming across this inn."

"Hmm...Well perhaps you had better come with us as well."

"Well...I may as well I guess. Afterall, you guys are the closest thing I have to friends right now."

"Good," says Varian. He then turns to Krac and asks, "So...how about you? You wouldn't happening to be headed west would you?"

"Oh no," he answers. "You young folks go on without me. I'd only slow you up. 'Sides, I'm headed to Tempe Falls southwest a' here, so I'll ony be traveling west for a short ways anyway."

"Alright then, suit yourself." Varian then pauses and takes note of the sleepy looks on the faces around him. "Well, folks its awfully late now. Perhaps we should head to our rooms and try to get as much sleep as we can while its still dark outside. Tomorrow I'm sure is going to be a rough one."
    Last edited by Arkhemedes; 11-02-2009 at 11:05 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The survivors of this night in Ardmor's Inn and Trading Post, return to their rooms and once again crawl into their beds. After some time spent trying to push the disturbing images of tonight's events to the backs of their minds, they eventually drift off to sleep. This time their sleep remains undisturbed.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021