Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Campaign area

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Campaign area

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Where do you run your game?

I run my Mage game in or around Providence Rhode Island. I used to live near there back in the eighties and early ninties. I go vist my and mine wife's famlies twice a year and when I do I wander a bit. It's not a complete overview of the area but it keeps it fresh. Because of the background from being there it gives me a sense of balance and easier play. Also by keeping it constant all groups can mesh and do things to let the others hear about.

I am starting a Werewolf game where we are playing around Lake Champlain on the Vermont side. I've been to VT just not that part so I have research to do.

We have played here in Winchester a couple of times but it became like everyone was expecting to see themselves around every corner that I had to change the area.

Where is your favorite spot?
    Magic is not for parlor tricks.- Sparrow, Second Degree Master

Fragile Things, another slice of forums: http://fragilethings.fr.yuku.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, man that's cool that you can actually go there. I have run vampire the masquerade games in NYC, Cairo, New Orleans, Atlanta, Mexico City, London and Chongking, but I love moving PCs around and it makesi t so I don't have to do a tremendous amount of research for every place because three games later they will be somewhere else. Kudos for sticking to one place and knowing it well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I play in a VtM game that takes place around my area. One city up from me. It is a lot of fun to be able to visit the places where the action takes place, and to know the area you are playing in well. It kinda bring it home.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't run any modern campaigns, so while I like running my games from my house, the campaign area is no where near where I live!
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Downloads
    Uploads
    I ran a game online that was set in Savannah, Georgia. It was really fun as all the ST's lived elsewhere and had never actually been there (we were in Houston, Iowa, and New Hampshire). The characters were very fresh and new, while it gave us ample opportunity to craft traditional characters and ones from the locale (Southern aristocratic Ventrue to Bumpkin Bone Gnawer Hillfolk) it was great fun and I'd definitely recommend the setting should anyone need some inspiration. We ran all the games combined, though each was generally separated.
    Vampire - Cam city, but Atlanta was under seige and eventually fell causing many to flee north and threaten what elders dwelt in Savannah.
    Werewolf - Ran as a Dead city in which Glass Walkers had ejected all the other tribes. The entire sept disappeared unexceptionably and Rat had bonded a pack to enter and investigate. (Their caern was taken over by the technocracy)
    Mage - Mixed and disagreeing factions that now had to contend with a looming black monolith that obscured the skyline and cast a dangerous net over any deviant within their domain.
    Wraith - A few npc's, but no players. Only the Giovanni and an Orphen ever really dealt with them.
    Changeling - A degenerate Eiluned house noble ruled from far outside the city, but a cynical unseelie boggin with a foul mouth and a penchant for remembering the night of knives ran a bar/freehold in downtown.
    The other games we did run were Sabbat as npc's really to scare the players a bit. Fomori had their own game as well, mostly them hating each other and trying desperately to wipe each other out. Technocracy as all American hero's trying to safeguard reality from dangerous madmen.

Overall it was great fun, the forum is still online though its been dead for some time. If anyone would enjoy reading it just ask and I can give you the address. We had 180 players and cleared 17,000 posts before it went dead.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    At one time I ran a game that took place in the region of the U.S. where I grew up, only in medieval times. We traveled a lot when I was young and I knew the area fairly well. Able to give the game lots of flavor and able to bring in weather as part of the game.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Most of my WoD games were set in my home town of Toledo, OH. It actually has a pretty decent history for world of darknessy intrigue. I wrapped up a Changeling the Lost game set in Portland OR 1996. I'm a pretty new arrival to Portland so it had some challenges. I did the 96 time frame because I wanted to run a game where cell phones were not very common.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I cheated and used the map and locales from GTA San Andreas. That way I can make any changes I want to the place with some player piping up and telling me thats not where that shop is, cause I used to live there or something like it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like creating my own cities, it allows me to express my creativity and waste a lot of my all to abundant free time, but basing them off of real cities that I know fairly well makes them easier to make.

just my opinion