Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: insanity cards

Downloads
    Uploads

insanity cards

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I want to create a deck of cards for CoC. This way if a person fails a sanity check badly enough, i can hand them a card and he/she would have to do what it says on it. Also, no one else can see the card, so no one knows what exactly the sanity is until it presents itself.

Im looking for a card creator program. On one side would be some symbol representing Insanity. On the other side would be the insanity name and how the character has to act. Im sure if i played around with it i could use adobe fireworks to make them, but was wondering if there was any such program.

While on the subject, what would you recommend the font of the text be? I dont wanna use plain old Times New Roman. What would be a font that would compliment CoC well?
    --- Merged from Double Post ---
    I went and designed the back of the card. I'm not the greatest artist so its very simplistic. If you have any ideas to improve on it, I'm listening.

Last edited by fettsvett201; 04-05-2009 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Double Post

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like a cool idea. I'm not the artistic type either, so I am not sure what to suggest. Barring the image part of it, I'm sure you could setup MS Word or the like to create these sort of cards.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Or Open Office. Set up would the the easy part.

I'm going to recommend Guild of Blades again. They print cards and should have a templet that matches their cutter.

You still have to do the hard part of designing them.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Downloads
    Uploads

Updated 4/14/09

Thanks for the Guild of Blades recommendation. Looks like a great site. Ill work on it some more and post when i have different designs

Here is a different design. The picture is edited from the second edition book. I don't plan on marketing these so i figure it would be fine for personal use.

EDIT: Here is (probably) the final design for the back and a sample of what the front would be like. The front is no where near done, but its an example.

UPDATE: I updated the picture inside the card so its much smoother and looks a lot better. I plan on using the guy in every card. I'm trying to redesign the backside of the card so i don't use a copyrighted image. I plan on having forty or so cards in total.

UPDATE: 4/14/09. Nearly done with the card format. I made the picture bigger and made a background for each cards. All thats left is possibly changing the font

Last edited by fettsvett201; 04-14-2009 at 08:16 PM. Reason: new designs

Downloads
    Uploads
    This looks like a great add on... have you completed these cards? Could I obtain images for my online game?

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You should pitch this to Chasoium. I think it's a great idea.

The Olde Phoenix Inn

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow. I cant belive this thread is still up.

Since then, the CoC game I was going to run dropped out. However, I've wanted to make more of these and been writing down more ideas on what to use. I'll probably start it back up during the summer, making one or two a day.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Like the monsters of CoC these things never die. Seriously, get the things together and pitch it.

The best way to have a back that is copyright unencumbered is find an artist and have them draw you a picture of green and slimy. Then the copyright is in your hands. Pitch the idea with a sample back you expect Chaosium to replace.
    Last edited by tesral; 04-03-2010 at 11:48 AM.

The Olde Phoenix Inn