Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Istao game

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Yes, I am planning to hold the game at 3:30 pm PST, today. Let's go with Blydden's suggestion in terms of what to do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Still at work.. might have to just make today all mission stuff. >.<

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Understood. We'll continue going with the mission until the end of the session or when you arrive.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just a reminder, the next Quest game is currently scheduled for Saturday, February 27, at 3:30 pm PST.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll be there!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Next Istao Game and the Autumn Knight

The next Istao game is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, March 20th at 3:30 pm. There may be another one on Saturday, March 27th, at the same time.

I would also like to announce a stand-alone chat adventure that I will run later this spring: The Autumn Knight. I know the season's off, but that's that. It will take more than one session to complete, but is intended to be a single adventure incorporating some of the elements that you expressed interest in. Specifically, it's for 7th level characters, and will be set in the outskirts of the Bright Kingdom, in the Feywild.

This will be my interpretation of the Feywild, as part of the Unquiet Lands. I don't own the 4th edition Manual of the Planes, so don't expect to see information from that rulebook implemented.

Characters will be generated in the same manner as they are for the Istao or Aucothia games. They will be advanced to 7th level using the chart on page 29 of the Player's Handbook or page 143 of the Dungeon Master's Guide, with the following specific rules:

• When a character race is noted as speaking Common, they speak Elven instead.
    • When a character race is noted as speaking Elven, replace that with "a language of your choice, other than Supernal or Abyssal."
    • Characters begin the game with three magic items each: one level 8, one level 7, and one level 6 item.
    • Coins of the realm are Ducats. There are ducats of fairy gold and ducats of fairy silver, termed gold ducats and silver ducats. A gold ducat is worth 1 gp and a silver ducat is worth 1 cp. A "ducat" is assumed to be a gold ducat. There is no copper, platinum, or other metals used as money, but gems are commonly accepted for larger values.
    • Characters have 1,800 gold ducats to purchase equipment, magical items, rituals, and so on. The following items are not available for purchase:
      • Residuum
      • Magic items over level 10, including consumables such as potions, reagents, and ammunition.
      • Camels, and other creatures unsuitable for temperate climates
      • Sea Horses, and other aquatic mounts
    • The adventure involves travel through rough terrain, so mounts and vehicles may be of limited usefulness.
    • The canonical lack of primal spirits in the Feywild does not apply to my campaign setting. Characters who use the primal power source are allowed to be native to the Feywild.

I wrote this adventure for four or five characters, so I will try to recruit that many players. Assume that all members of the party have been traveling together for some time and are known to one another.

I will post more details in the near future, probably including a message in the Campaign Invitations thread.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Assuming I can make my availability work with your desired schedule, I'm in. I look forward to seeing the background.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ooh...I already have an idea! *scribble scribble* I think I may like this one-shot. Count me in. *scribble* Oh, and the regular campaign too.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If it is is a one-shot, I may be down.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Umiushi View Post
    The next Istao game is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, March 20th at 3:30 pm. There may be another one on Saturday, March 27th, at the same time.
    I found out tonight that I will not be available on Saturday, March 20th. Therefore, the next Istao chat game will be on Saturday, March 27th, at 3:30 pm. As Daylight Saving Time will occur before then, this will be PDT, not PST.

Concerning the Autumn Knight chat adventure.
    Quote Originally Posted by yukonhorror View Post
    If it is is a one-shot, I may be down.
    It's a single adventure, but will be more than one session. Currently, it spans 6-10 combat and non-combat encounters. The chat sessions seem to be able to cover 1-3 encounters, each. I would like to schedule it once we complete the currently ongoing Quest and Mission adventures.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    when you have an official schedule, I'll let you know.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I should be available on the 27th, and I am interested in the Autumn Knight chat game, but it depends on timing a bit. I will tinker with some character ideas and get back to you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm still potentially interested in the Autumn Knight campaign, but I am going to have to withdraw from the Istao games at least those on Saturday. I just have too many other things that need time on the weekend to be available reliably in any way. I'll give Umi a heads up if there are any sessions I can make and he can decide if he wants a random other person thing around (and I will not be available on the 27th after all).

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Feantari View Post
    I'm still potentially interested in the Autumn Knight campaign, but I am going to have to withdraw from the Istao games at least those on Saturday. I just have too many other things that need time on the weekend to be available reliably in any way. I'll give Umi a heads up if there are any sessions I can make and he can decide if he wants a random other person thing around (and I will not be available on the 27th after all).
    I will keep you informed about the progress of that game, and any mission adventures that don't fall on a Saturday.

At this point, I think it will be best to continue with the Mission adventure on the 27th. I was talking with some other players, but there might have been some confusion about the games, so I'm not sure who among them will be available, if any. To clear up future confusion, I did start a new explanatory thread here. Depending on who is or isn't available, I may post a campaign invitation for new players. However, the Mission doesn't rely on large numbers, so I think I will follow that to its conclusion before turning to the invitation.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will be available to continue the Mission adventure on Saturday, April 10th if Blydden and Palpatim are both free on that day. I will try to enter Chat no later than 3:00 pm PDT, because I will have to wrap it up by 6:00 pm. I'm not sure whether that will be enough time to finish this segment, but there is a chance that it will. To facilitate this, I will not be accepting any drop-in players. It simply takes too long, and doesn't appear to lead to good experiences on either side.

In fact, after the last three or so experiences, I am going to adhere to my guidelines concerning player membership more strictly, going forward. Potential new players must send me their character sheet in a downloadable format, including a background providing clear evidence that they've acquainted themselves with the rudiments of the setting, no later than 72 hours prior to the scheduled start time. They must clearly state that they have access to the complete rules of the 4th Edition Player's Handbook. They must agree to adhere to the Istaoan-revised Player Guidelines and Character/Rules Guidelines.

As a result of this policy, I don't expect we will be flooded with new players. Therefore, I will soon proceed with some recruitment efforts. The two of you are welcome to do so as well, provided any new candidates are informed of and willing to adhere to the above requirements.

In addition to The Autumn Knight, I'm working on some ideas for drop-in Chat games. Hopefully when they are ready, they will provide a solution to the desires of players for quick, pick-up D&D games. However, I'm not planning to ever switch out a Mission or (especially) a Quest game to run one of these unless the two of you are unanimously keen on it.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast