Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: Game Thread

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    The acid orb strike the creature and it sizzel, eating away a hole in its chest. as it staggers, Zodd's ray strikes at it from behind. It shudders from the balst and the vines begin to unravel into a heap to the ground. The mass slashing back into the shallow swamp water.

The swamp falls silent once again.

Poking out from the mound Ravi and Zodd both notice a half rotted small hand; perhaps a victim from earlier...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Zodd, barely alive and hardly even able to move casts Mage Hand. Zodd manipulates it so it picks up the half rotted small hand. All bruised and bloody, Zodd sits down beside Ravi, with the mage hand following him. "Bring that hand to us," Zodd says and the mage hand holds the half-rotten hand in front of Ravi and Zodd for both of them to see. "Kind of odd for that to be there. Let's have a look shall we? ...I might need to rest for a few minutes though."

Zodd spends 4 healing surges to put him back at full health. He then instructs the mage hand to keep holding the rotten hand, as he inspects the hand for any clues that might point him in the right direction (male or female hand, small or large, etc).

* Insight check *

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    07-13-2010 08:37 PM
    Insight check: 1d20 (20)+ 11 (11) = 31

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The hand appears to be attached to a whole skeleton and will require more than just mage hand to pull it out. However, Zodd, does not think their is any danger in approaching the heap.

Downloads
    Uploads
    After resting, Zodd inspects the body instead.

OOC - Can I use the natural 20 for that inspection instead or do I need to reroll?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    [in 4e, there is no take 20-only take 10.]

Zodd is under no risk in pursuing the investigation. He manages to pull the remains and finds a mostly skeletal sized small humanoid that has dissolved by digestive process of the mound. A gold ring is on its finger and once elegant now torn robe is also present, which apparently was being carried in its pack. All other equipment seems to have been digested.

Downloads
    Uploads
    After recovering from her near-death experience, Ravi looks over Zodd's shoulder as he inspects the corpse.

"That was almost us..." A less confident tone of voice than usual.
    Ravi - Drow Sorcerer - Level 8 - Ravager of Time
    Caevos - Human Avenger of Ioun - Level 9

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Zodd notices the robe, has the tattered symbol from the age of Age of Dawn, similar to the banners and artifacts he spotted in the treasury back in Eylea.

Downloads
    Uploads
    OOC - Sorry for the delay, I was moving and did not have internet for a couple weeks.

Zodd takes the gold ring and what remains of the robe. "We might need these later. I suppose we should keep going." Zodd begins to get back on his horse to continue onward.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Only half paying attention, still slightly shocked at the fierce enemies they barely overcame.

"Yes... lets keep going. I don't like the swamps." As they walk she begins the slow process of shaking off the swamp mud and debris from her robes.

"Well that was a fine show wasn't it?! I couldn't tell who's side you were on watching you damn near repairing the wounds Zodd was doing." A beak barely pokes from Ravi's pack before spouting its usual slander.

"I was blinded you useless carrion feeder! I should have tossed you in first as bait."
    Ravi - Drow Sorcerer - Level 8 - Ravager of Time
    Caevos - Human Avenger of Ioun - Level 9

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    (DM Did you want to investigate the strangled bodies or continue back into the village?)

Downloads
    Uploads
    OCC - I thought Zodd already did that, if not, he investigates them

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The two corpses of the reeders are dead, apparently by suffocation. They have nothing of value save their clothes. By the looks of their attire they must be the two who were claimed to have found Geoffry D'Arcy's body. Their deaths could be something of foul play or the hazards of the swamp..

Zodd and Ravi make their way back to the village by nightfall, a light rain falls on them as they enter the village proper...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Zodd, along with Ravi, walk to the nearest Inn and purchase rooms for the evening to get out of the rain. They sleep peacefully until morning, feeling fully rested.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The smell of bead and eggs awaken them from their slumber in the morning. Fully rested, Ravi and Zodd plan their next destination. Noting that the two reeders are dead they could question about their demise, or venture on to Myrfast Hall, the home of the D'Arcys, for more clues.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627