Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 404

Thread: Game Thread

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sylmar
    Posts
    1,017
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    Game Thread

    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    So this is Ffenargh? Mile after mile of stinking bogs overlain by a constant mist that clings to your skin and chills you to the bone. The little you can see looks far from welcoming, and who knows what lurks just out of sight...

    Why did you come here? Oh yes...the promise of inheritance. If your comrade had not been such a good friend you all would have let him go off on his own to make a claim to his Great Uncles Estate. But kinship amongst adventurers runs deep, and you all agreed, this detour of your travels could be worth it.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sylmar
    Posts
    1,017
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Ravi brings her beast to ahalt. Her companion Silt pulls his cloak tighter. The path ahead into the marsh is lined with woodenplanks sunk deep into the mud. Either side is hazardous swampy marsh; ill to the one who becomes lost to the foul muck.

    The next town, as Ravi recalls through the planked road and the isle ahead is some twenty miles through this trecherous path. Yet, they ahbve many miles yet to go to reach Eylea.

    (DM You may make decisons, post roleplay. Depending on who has what beast or is walking determines the movement rate of the party. The slowest marks the party's rate. Ravi ahs the Uncle with the inheritance. Other could be from the region. Like races are related: Therefore anyone who is a drow is related to Ravi. Have Fun)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Halifax
    Age
    28
    Posts
    149
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "There could be a lot of money involved here, and a considerable portion you. We need to keep moving. I'm not sleeping in this swamp, and I'm guessing there's plenty of other creatures who're not happy we're here."

    Ravi pulls the reins on her beast, urging it forward at a reduced pace to accommodate the walking Human.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    27
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Mr. Barrows does not like the outdoors. He's been complaining since the last stretch of civilization, passing the time by reciting stores, or playing a mental game of cards that he occasionally allows his companion in on. Places like this are not for him. When they do reach the planks and the marsh ahead he considers.

    '"No need to stop," He affirms, " Terrible place, this. Path ahead looks shaky, though, you might have trouble with the thing." He nods. "I'll go first. Light as a feather I am, I'll get across and we'll see if you can't follow."

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sylmar
    Posts
    1,017
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    The causeway is firm if not worn. The party travels 10 miles through a snake track of parallel rows of wooden piles driven into the murk with an ill fill of rubble and timbers. You reach the isle of Holm, where secure soft land is around you. Ahead you see the the shack like buildings of a hamlet through the mist. No fires burn as far you can see and it is eerily quite.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Halifax
    Age
    28
    Posts
    149
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "This doesn't look promising. I don't see or hear anyone up ahead. Either there's nobody here, or nobody that wants to be seen. In both cases I don't think we should walk in the front gate blind."

    Ravi stops her mount.

    "You should stick to the shadows and see what's waiting for us up there... I'll be ready if you need me."

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    27
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "Very polite of you." Silt's response to the suggestion comes with a smile, the man's eyes wandering ahead. "It seems like the thing to do." He draws his cloak about himself, ducking down and beginning to head forward. He'll go slowly, quietly, taking pains to avoid lines of sight and anything that might expose himself early. "I'll be back soon."

    * Stealth Roll *


    (EDIT: It seems rolling doesn't work in this thread. Add my stealth roll as necessary. It's +12.)
    Last edited by JCD; 08-03-2009 at 02:39 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sylmar
    Posts
    1,017
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Silt moves swiftly and quietly towards the hamlet through the foliage and shadows.

    * Silts stealth check *


    He makes it through the center of the Hamlet and sees the ground is overgrown and shacks mere shells. This hamlet appears to have beem abandon for some years now.

    (DM: JDC--you might need to join the group before you can post die results--try that.)
    Last edited by wizarddog; 08-04-2009 at 03:36 PM.

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    08-04-2009 09:18 AM
    Silts stealth check: 1d20 (19) + 12 (12) = 31

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    27
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Silt flits between obstacles and homes, examining each. Once he's satisfied there's no movement he'll creep back toward the place he came from, one hand rising to signal his companion. "Looks empty. Haven't checked the houses, but I'd bet there's nothing. You better come along."

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Age
    26
    Posts
    47
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Oswyn rode along with the party, slouched in his saddle in the fashion that was typical for him. Head bowed as if he were in deep contemplation, one could not help but wonder if the mounted warrior were asleep. After all, he had barely uttered a word since the party's departure. And if he had even so much as glanced up, he had done it so stealthily that no one had managed to catch it.

    It wasn't until the party drew to a stop and Silt flickered off into the moldering hamlet that Oswyn finally straightened. The metal plates of his armor hissed lightly as they scraped together with the fighter's shifting motions. Glancing around, Oswyn frowned suspiciously, as was customary for him.

    "I don't like this," he half grumbled, ever the source of cheerful optimism. "Too quiet."

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Halifax
    Age
    28
    Posts
    149
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    As Oswyn straightens up and speaks, a raven lands on his helmet and pecks it a few times before speaking itself.

    "Look alive, we both know what 'too quiet' means by now. Draw your weapon and lets move in."

    The raven flies back and lands on the neck of Ravi's riding lizard just as she urges it forward.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sylmar
    Posts
    1,017
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    The group moves forward through the abandon hamlet. The shack like houses show signs of dreary emptiness. Alas, nothing assaults the readied group as they make way through the deserted hamlet.

    Oswyn, who visited his great uncle only once very young, scarcely remembers the fens; though recalls the dread he felt traveling with his family. That same dread, felt many ages ago, creeps up again into his heart.

    As the group exits the Hamlet and continues on the road, they hear a sudden sound; shattering the silence.

    A mournful wail drifts through the silent mist. Its source must be some distance away, and it is hard to tell whether it is a cry for help or merely the mournful hooting of an owl.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Halifax
    Age
    28
    Posts
    149
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    * Ravi - Perception *


    Ravi stops her mount and eyes the horizon, looking for any signs of where that shriek came from.

    "Fly up and have a look around" Ravi speaks to her Raven in thought, instructing to look from the sky for signs.

    The raven takes to the air and scans about for a source.

    * Raven - Perception *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    08-05-2009 12:59 PM
    Ravi - Perception : 1d20 (16) + 4 (4) = 20
    Raven - Perception : 1d20 (6) + 4 (4) = 10

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Age
    26
    Posts
    47
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Oswyn scowled and moved a hand up to wave away the raven that had decided to use his head as a perch, though once the bird had flown off he was more than agreeable to the notion of drawing his blade. This place was far from his liking, and whatever forces lay about, real or imagined, it was more than enough to put the half breed on edge.

    The wail made him turn his head with a sharp jerk, grey eyes alert and scanning the swampy bog for the source of the noise. Instinctively his hand tightened on the worn grip of his battered and ugly blade, ready for use should the need arise.

    * Perception *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    08-05-2009 02:20 PM
    Perception : 1d20 (18) + 8 (8) = 26

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    27
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Silt winces, the man raising hands to cover his ears at the noise. "Dreadful," He mentions, lips tugging into one ugly line before he moves to draw his own weapon. The rapier flits about in the air, wigwagging back and forth as the man scans the area.

    * Perception Roll *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    08-05-2009 06:16 PM
    Perception Roll: 1d20 (15) + 12 (12) = 27

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. In Game Thread
    By DM_Running_Farland_3.5 in forum Reclaiming Daven
    Replies: 383
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 09:22 PM
  2. Game Thread
    By wizarddog in forum Dark City: The Guild War
    Replies: 160
    Last Post: 07-25-2009, 05:36 PM
  3. Game Thread
    By Anaesthesia in forum Revenge of the Dragon
    Replies: 1490
    Last Post: 03-04-2009, 09:35 AM
  4. Game thread
    By Anaesthesia in forum Gathering Nuts
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-13-2009, 06:17 PM
  5. Game Thread
    By Riftwalker in forum Semndon's Apprentice
    Replies: 325
    Last Post: 08-10-2008, 12:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •