Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Favorite RPG NPC you created.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Favorite RPG NPC you created.

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    My favorite NPC was one I created for a D&D adventure one time, his name was Aheeb Quidish A 400lb Rogue trader that was crazy dexterous. He talked with a heavy middle eastern accent and he sold alot of over priced items, he was mostly an information npc and could be found traveling from town to town. However the PCs liked him so well I decided to add him to ever campaign I've ever run, weither he plays a bit part, is the main villain of a particular adventure or the king of a bandit guild. He has always been there fattin it up and rippin ppl off, I chalk him up to a sort of Biggs & Wedge type of character always there in diffrent aspects.
    "...and all the people of the world as one voice sang a hymn.The Song of all creation screamed for justice. We are that justice." -unknown bard's final dictation before the last war.-

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Heh...Currently my favorite NPC I got is a Lightning Draconian that is 20th level fighter, 20th level wizard and 10th level Tower of High Sorcery White Robe. He is basically a champion sent to Krynn by Paladine with the agreed upon stipulations that he doesn't get too wraped up in the affairs of the mortals, and doesn't challage any gods for power enless in self defense or to save the world type things.

His story he tells the PC's is that he is a red dragon hunter. He has a Red Dragon Crafted Full-Plate, Red Dragon Fang Scyth, Red Dragonhide Mantle, and a Crimson Rod of Dragon Mastery. I'm not 100% completed with him, but he is plenty of NPC for the campaign to get started.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Loving the thread, Clerical Errer. Funny mistake, BTW--clever.

In 2008 i made an elderly human wizard that was about 90 years of age. He got some benefits from aging--intelligence, wisdom, etc, but his physical stats were all single digit. He stood about 6 foot seven inches high and weighed in at about 130. Yep, he was skinny as a rail. Also he was albino and his appearance looked like this guy (see link below) but a little whiter and his eyes were a bit more red, as can be common with his albino attribute. See the wizard on the far right, that's who i modeled him after. -->

http://boutillon.free.fr/Underground...ook_Old_p1.jpg

Anyway, he had a cool background and was a multiclass wizard and druid, 1st level in each. His background added to it tremendously but i will spare you the details here, but long story short, he was a great wizard once that lost a battle against another spellcaster. In the end, he remembers nothing but does still has the extreme ambition of his former self as well as an unexplainable drive to pursue spellcasting--for obvious reasons--no benefits given though, and, or course, he has no idea why--never will.

He was great fun.
    Last edited by Arch Lich Thoth-Amon; 07-30-2009 at 07:18 PM.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I created this NPC last year after I decided to create my own campaign setting and began running a campaign in it. This was one of the NPC's relevant to the game. I will paste the writeup I had on him for your reading enjoyment.

"Kai Cyllios, Sleeping King of Candescence

Emigrating to Pariatas 600 years ago from the Radiant Veil, Kai came to Sindur in order to bring light and justice to a war-torn continent. He had just been sitting and watching all of the suffering that was taking place in the Prime World for far too long and, knowing that he could never return to his homeland, left to make a difference.

What he found, however, was that the predominantly human societies in Sindur were not familiar with angels and other 'outsiders', and so they shunned him and others like him. Kai came to realize they did not want to be saved as he saw it, so he decided to change his mission. During his time amongst the humans he came to realize that those different than the humans were being shunned and persecuted, that it wasn't just him being treated this way.

Kai saw injustice in this and instead of forcibly making the humans see the error of their ways he instead chose to found a place where those who are different from the 'norms' or society could find a haven and be safe to live their lives.

Trekking far to the northern Icebound Peaks, Kai sat upon a lone foothill staring into the afternoon sky. Snow covered his feathery wings and flaked upon his eyelashes as he lay pondering where and how he would make such a place. Just then, a ray of light pierced the barrier of gray clouds that blanketed the wintry skies, bathing an area near the hill in its warm glow. Kai took this as a sign from his goddess Amalthia that this was where he was to build his city.

Shortly after he encountered his future wife Iria, who at first challenged him for entering her icy domain. The two fought but the match quickly ended with Kai's victory and he took her as his prize, as the two discovered intense feelings for each other in their short meeting together. Kai explained to Iria his dream and she quickly took him to see the Gulgar, a race driven from Skard, the Elemental Plane of Earth, by the greedy Xorn. The Gulgar took with them their secret for growing Clarium, a crystal that reflected light and was as hard and sturdy as steel. The two negotiated with the Gulgar and eventually struck a deal to help them build a city on the spot Kai found out of Clarium, in exchange for the Gulgar's protection and right to live in the city with a say in it's government.

For many years Kai reigned peacefully as Candescence's King, but one day all that was shattered. The nearby city of Umbra received a new ruler, a man who would come to be known as the Black Duke. He saw Candescence as an abomination and made it clear to Kai that there would never be peace between their two cities. One night, Kai took to the skies above his city as he did every night, overlooking his citizens as a guardian angel. Down below outside the gates he saw a campfire burning in the small forest near the foothill where he had laid so long ago.

Flying down to investigate, Kai found a traveling fortune-teller, a young woman who offered to read the King's fortune. Amused, Kai agreed and submitted his palms for the reading. The woman took his hands and closed her eyes, mumbling an incantation to see the Solar's future.

None know what the woman spoke to Kai. Some reports spoke of a horrid scream piercing the silence of the night, followed by a pillar of green light that shot in high into the sky and then spread out across the heavens like a rain drop falling into a puddle. When the City Watch was sent to investigate, they found their King alive, but in a deep sleep that they could not rouse him from. There was no trace of the woman. Her belongings were still there, everything she owned, but she was nowhere to be found.

That was 200 years ago. Kai has been asleep ever since. Iria leads the free city state of Candescence in his stead until the day when he is awoken. "

Downloads
    Uploads
    My favorite NPC of all time was in Hunter: the reckoning. His name was Techy. He seemed to be a Q(From James Bond, not Star Trek) type guy always making stuff for the players but most of the time the tech failed. No one ever suppected that he was not fully on the players side. He was a Mage Technomancer which belonged to a group whose goal was to become the main supernatural group around and decided to use Hunters to meet thier goal. Also he would secretly send messages out to other mages in his group from what seemed like random mistakes to tech and the house. Also he slowly was depleating the groups money supply. He was never caught and the players never ever knew. Heh heh heh "I do it all because I'm EVIL".
    D&D Home Page[/url] - What Class Are You?[/url] - Build A Character[/url] - D&D Compendium[/url]