Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Against The Tides

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    deleted
    Last edited by Valthos; 10-29-2009 at 07:26 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Roleplaying, Jon he did a good job at asking questions and playing his character

Humor, not too sure about this one

Heroism, Jon with fighting the jellies and the arena

Honesty, n/a

Motivation, Jon with talking to the king and the village leader convincing them to leave their town

Dialogue, Jon with always keeping the chat going between the group

Leadership, Jon helped lead the group with strong speaking and also taking a step up with decisions of stuff to do etc

Best rolls, Jon with his high damage dailies

Consistency, is that character the same figure that his background describes? not too sure on this one

Most deserved of a point, n/a

Strategy, not really sure on this one ether

Smarts, lerek with the goblins and thinking of giving them a gold

Skills, not sure
    --- Merged from Double Post ---
    yea he decided to pick out a dwarf paladin the stats will be posted early morning not the best of healers but can do
    well sad to say my friend cannot join in tonight he may be able to at a later date but he said when he went into work they asked him to come back tonight
    Last edited by UndeadJack; 08-14-2009 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Double Post

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I need to drop the game as well guys. I was originally looking for a Sunday session and I have to work too many Saturday mornings to play so late on a Friday night. I wish you all the best of luck.

Lerek

Downloads
    Uploads
    delete
    Last edited by TheOneBigOne; 10-23-2009 at 08:42 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    deleted
    Last edited by Valthos; 10-29-2009 at 07:27 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey guys,
    Here's my characters starting stats and everything

Reks, level 1
    Human, Rogue
    Build: Trickster Rogue
    Rogue Tactics: Artful Dodger

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 15, Con 6, Dex 17, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 15.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 15, Con 4, Dex 17, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 15.

AC: 15 Fort: 13 Reflex: 16 Will: 13
    HP: 23 Surges: 4 Surge Value: 5

TRAINED SKILLS
    Insight +7, Stealth +8, Thievery +8, Perception +7, Bluff +7, Athletics +7, Acrobatics +8

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Arcana +2, Diplomacy +2, Dungeoneering +2, Endurance -2, Heal +2, History +2, Intimidate +2, Nature +2, Religion +2, Streetwise +2

FEATS
    Human: Toughness
    Level 1: Backstabber

POWERS
    Rogue at-will 1: Deft Strike
    Rogue at-will 1: Sly Flourish
    Human: Riposte Strike
    Rogue encounter 1: Positioning Strike
    Rogue daily 1: Trick Strike

ITEMS
    Dagger, Short sword, Hand Crossbow, Climber's Kit, Grappling Hook, Thieves' Tools, Adventurer's Kit, Leather Armor
    just so you know

PMed my character background to you thebigone
    Last edited by chaoticjunk; 08-21-2009 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Double Post

Downloads
    Uploads

Rann Xerox - Elven Wizard

I leveled up Rann, added Familiar Arcana feat and created a familiar (Puff). Still working on Puff but he will be in the shape of a Fairy Dragon. Per the rewards discussion, I took 75 of my XP and converted it to +1 to Int.

Attached: PDF of char sheet, history, MapTool of Rann and Puff, and power cards.

Rann Xerox, level 2
    Elf, Wizard
    Arcane Implement Mastery: Orb of Imposition

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 16, Con 15, Dex 18, Int 18, Wis 18, Cha 11.

AC: 15 Fort: 14 Reflex: 15 Will: 17
    HP: 29 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
    Arcana +10, Perception +12, Insight +10, History +10, Nature +12

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics +5, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +1, Dungeoneering +5, Endurance +3, Heal +5, Intimidate +1, Religion +5, Stealth +5, Streetwise +1, Thievery +5, Athletics +4

FEATS
    Wizard: Alchemist
    Level 1: Initiate of the Old Faith
    Level 2: Arcane Familiar

POWERS
    Wizard at-will 1: Thunderwave
    Wizard at-will 1: Cloud of Daggers
    Initiate of the Old Faith: Grasping Claws
    Wizard encounter 1: Icy Terrain
    Wizard daily 1: Phantom Chasm
    Wizard daily 1 Spellbook: Sleep
    Wizard utility 2: Arcane Insight
    Wizard utility 2 Spellbook: Shield

ITEMS
    Spellbook, Adventurer's Kit, Implement, Orb, Longbow, Longspear, Arrows (60), Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing), Holy Symbol, Alchemist's Acid (level 1), Alchemist's Fire (level 1), Alchemist's Frost (level 1), Alchemical Reagents (Arcana), Instrument, Lute, Knife, Hunting, Arrow, Standard with bulb, Arrow, Stone Bitting, Arrow, Grappling Hook, Arrow, Bladed, Arrow, Signal, Arrow, Blunt, Powder, Blinding
    FORMULAS
    Alchemist's Acid, Alchemist's Fire, Alchemist's Frost, Tangle Root
    Last edited by RannXerox; 10-05-2009 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Leveling to 2LV - Using new Excel Spreadsheet

Downloads
    Uploads
    revision for my characters stats
    FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 15, Con 10, Dex 18 (+1 from award), Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 15.

AC: 15 Fort: 13 Reflex: 16 Will: 13
    HP: 27 Surges: 6 Surge Value: 6

sorry about that
    Last edited by chaoticjunk; 08-29-2009 at 02:23 AM. Reason: award point change

Downloads
    Uploads

Third session summary

Well, figured it would be best to do it right now.

After losing their friends Ryndal and Lerek in the maze like city, our heroes Roxxas and Jon saw that the matter was getting quite urgent and that they needed to move and get the feathers of the great eagles of Grey Mountain.

After a fair deal of shopping for resources, and a pet pseudodragon, Jon and Roxxas entered a portal and, through considerable magical powers, were instantly teleported to the border with the South Kingdom.

A simple bribe managed to obtain the necessary information to continue their journey onwards.

Walking through the road towards the Grey Mountains, our friends ended interrupting an Orcish meal of an elven wizard who had, much to his own surprise, been teleported to the prime plane, right near a starving Orc and two goblins.

A battle ensued and our heroes prevailed and managed to rescue the elven wizard, who time and time again proved that spells seem to often fail near him (possibly why he was accidently teleported to the prime plane).

They pressed onward where a visit to the local Inn for a much needed rest and a new an exquisite drink known as Lemonade (which seemed to charm Roxxas), resulted in a theft of Jon's gold purse.

A chase given by the enraged Eladrin and the surprised and calm wizard elf (while Roxxas stayed and enjoyed more of the fantastic beverage), resulted in a quick confrontation and the apprehension of the thief known as Reks.

After a good deal of persuasion by the wizard Rann Xerox, Jon's anger finally subsided in favor of the advantages having such a deft rogue could prove. But he decided to refrain from returning all of his weapons until he had proved to be loyal.

After a good rest in the woods, they finally returned to the Inn to find Roxxas, relaxed and at ease after some lemonade and a soft bed.

Though somewhat angered by the total lack of aid from his friend, our heroes decided to leave at that and proceed with their journey for, after all, Roxxas certainly needed the rest. So all was well and good.

Strangely on the road they meet a group of 4 knights who named themselves as the "T R O L" and were taking a bounded woman as a prisoner by order of their majesty, the queen of the Iron Kingdom.

Despite his attempt to learn who the woman was, Jon's insistence to remain on the road (something his friends were very much against, but in his zealous belief in his deity he couldn't not allow it to pass) resulted in a fierce and deadly battle against the powerful knights.

The battle was long and deadly. Jon stood his ground, side by side with his pet dragon, while Rann ran off into the woods and attempted to use his arcane abilities. Stealthily and quickly Reks disappeared into the woods to save the bounded woman.

After a series of miscasted spells which made the wizard give up his magic and favor his bow, and while Jon and his dragon faced 3 strong knights, luckily surviving thanks to the money well spent on healing potions; Reks managed to save the woman from the fourth knight and escape into the woods.

Soon after the wizard, with elven dexterity, followed him while Jon, hoping that the short time spent with the beast had been enough to earn its loyalty, attempted to order his pseudodragon to flee and find him later. The last on the field, and greatly overwhelmed, Jon used his people's powers to teleport into the woods and escape with his friends.

They ran through the night, being chased by 2 of the knights while who knows what the other knights were doing. All elven and thieving skills proved useless to escape from their pursuers.

Finally, at a crossroads, Jon ungaged the woman to try and obtain some answers to just what he had gotten himself, and his friends, into.

Who is the woman? How come the knights manage to thwart all their plans? And when will they finally complete the king's quest for the feathers of the Eagles?

All this, or perhaps not, may be found out at the next session; Stay tuned.

One question: What are we going to do about the previous sessions awards? Are we going to have the same awards to vote for in this last session? What were the spoils of our last adventure (from the dead goblin, the orc and the experiences from both encounters - I'm assuming our "battle" with Reks isn't going to give any experience)
    Last edited by Valthos; 08-22-2009 at 03:30 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Names

Just so that I am not confused (which is a normal state of mind for me ), could you post your char. name along with your name or the name you liked to be called (you too DM).

I play Rann Xerox (also my pen name). My name is Patrick.

Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I play Reks. My name is Jay

Hopefully that will ease some of your confusion Patrick

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey - Is there room for another? I am a veteran player of D&D. Luv the new 4th edition. I've nvr played a pbp game, but I've been looking...

What days are u playing on now? If u use Ventrilo, that is great. Used to use it all the time in my R6 days of online shooting!

Downloads
    Uploads
    deleted
    Last edited by Valthos; 10-29-2009 at 07:27 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    hello my character name is Roxxas and my name is Dan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nick
    Last edited by TheOneBigOne; 10-23-2009 at 08:43 PM.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast