Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Completion of original game module

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Completion of original game module

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Woot! Our group has managed to come to the completion of the original "Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth" game module. Although it did require resurecting on of the characters, they have managed to finish with all 9 of them still alive. It will take quite a while, but I am going to create what is needed to allow them to continue on. At the conclusion of the original game, I have managed to throw them two problems. First is that one of the artifacts that they were sent to obtain has fallen in to the hands of the evil Drow. Actually the Drow attacked and were able to steal it from them. The second is that the person that sent them to find the artifacts has actually started a coup to oust the current monarch of the place they were basically from and was planning on using the items to help cement his plans.

My questions and purpose for this thread is to ask, "Has anyone else had the opportunity to complete an adventure?" If so, how did things turn out? Lets hear from the vast membership of our site.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    From what I can tell, this was a face-to-face tabletop game, unless I missed something. If it were a play-by-post or an online live virtual game I could understand the excitement. But if I'm right about it being a face-to-face game, I have just one question - Are you serious?

Not that I'm trying to make fun of the situation or anything. But I couldn't even begin to tell you how many published modules I've completed and I know there are countless others who have done the same. I've also run the Lost Caverns twice (and I'm kind of curious what will became of the Wonderous Lanthorn and the other powerful items taken from there - things that always turned out to be more of a curse than a benefit in my campaigns. I'd be glad to fill you in on what happened in my campaigns following the Lost Caverns).

Anyway, please tell me that I am mistaken here, because if this is the first time you have completed a module, then I truly feel for you my friend.
    "Plan?...There ain't no plan!" - Pigkiller

Downloads
    Uploads
    In the day and age of PbP and PBeM, most modules are never finished. Tabletop games are sometimes different, but I haven't been in an online game yet that has completed a module

Congrats on finishing Cpl.
    "If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat is swimming. If you want to experience the element, then get out of the vehicle...SKYDIVE!"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhemedes View Post
    From what I can tell, this was a face-to-face tabletop game, unless I missed something. If it were a play-by-post or an online live virtual game I could understand the excitement. But if I'm right about it being a face-to-face game, I have just one question - Are you serious?

Not that I'm trying to make fun of the situation or anything. But I couldn't even begin to tell you how many published modules I've completed and I know there are countless others who have done the same. I've also run the Lost Caverns twice (and I'm kind of curious what will became of the Wonderous Lanthorn and the other powerful items taken from there - things that always turned out to be more of a curse than a benefit in my campaigns. I'd be glad to fill you in on what happened in my campaigns following the Lost Caverns).

Anyway, please tell me that I am mistaken here, because if this is the first time you have completed a module, then I truly feel for you my friend.

I have run other table top games modules that did make it to completion, but none of them were as large as the Tsojcanth game. The longest lasting group I had before the current one were all beginer gamers and I was working them up to be able to run the caverns, but some moved, some had schedules change and a couple just stop showing up. I was more wanting to hear about others memorable games that they had participated in.

As for the Daoud's Wonderous Lanthorn and the Demonicon of Iggwilv, they are currently being guarded at church in Bissel where both Cathartic and Bennedict are from. (The players decided at the start of the game that they wanted to both be from the same church and have known each other for quite a while.) I can't go into much detail here, due to the fact that the members of the game group are also members of P&PG too. Don't want to give away any info to them. Although it would be interesting to know what happened in the times that you did the caverns.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, the last time I ran the module, the PCs of course had all these near priceless art objects (not to mention the Lanthorn and the book) and didn't know what to do with them. Tenser had originally sent them to find the caverns to keep these items out of the hands of Iuz and other factions, but he didn't tell them what to do with the items once they found them. The PCs knew they could not get the true value of the art objects through ordinary means. So they very discretely put the word out to certain people and held an auction at a friend's mansion in Verbobanc between five very wealthy art collectors. Unknown to them, one of these art collectors was a demon in disguise looking for the Demonomicon. When the auction was over, that night the demon, slaughtered dozens of people at a nearby inn with a death spell and turned them into zombies. Then the demon and the zombies attacked the mansion. The PCs managed to fend off the attack. But I kept sending other powerful beings after them that tried to get the Lanthorn and the book from them, including the demon Fraz Urb Luu.

Fortunately the group had a magical gate that they could use to move back and forth from Greyhawk to the Forgotten Realms. They ended up hiding the Demonomicon in the Realms inside a special vessal that could not be scryed into. As for the Lanthorn, it was carried and occasionally used by one of the PCs, until I had a particularly clever lich show up one day who took the Lanthorn from them and used it against them. At that point, the group was basically screwed. The only thing that saved them was a little device that one of the PCs had which summoned the Simbul from the Realms (who owed them a favor). She showed up and blasted the lich to nothing.

After this episode, the PC with the Lanthorn, which was an elf, decided that the artifact was just too much of a hassle. So he convinced the group to go with him on a quest (this was the player's idea) into the outer planes where he eventually handed the Lanthorn over to his deity. It was a very cool and interesting little quest.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's been more than 20 years I think since I played that mod ... i don't quite remember how it went.
    "If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat is swimming. If you want to experience the element, then get out of the vehicle...SKYDIVE!"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Arkhemedes, very cool. It has given me a few ideas to work with. Thanks, and when we start the Tsojcanth campaign back up, I plan to continue posting the game sessions in my blog.

As for any of my players that are reading, "Hmm, DM makes a notation."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool, I'll be sure to keep an eye out and see what happens here.