Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Fantasy
System Used: Open to any systems and any Genre.
Style: Not Specified
Current Players: 1
Desired # of Players: 7
Game Location N/A
Game Times Frequency: Weekly
Online Game Details Online Game?: Yes
Online Software Used: Ventrilo, Chatrooms, Forums, Online Dice Rollers
Additional Options Looking for Players?: Yes
Online Game
(Ventrilo, Chatrooms, Forums, Online Dice Rollers)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online only new group starting

Downloads
    Uploads

Online only new group starting

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    . I have moved to an area filled with cows for the first time in my life there is no game store within 50 miles, so I am looking to start up an online game using the available resources of the internet. If you have a computer, and a working microphone, you too can be a part of these games. I would prefer to avoid playing by post (even though I think posts are a good way to communicate in-between sessions). I want actual interactions with people through voice over internet protocols. I have lined up a good site that will accommodate our dice rolling, text chat, and I have Ventrilo servers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have played on line some and would be interested in a 4th ed game - I DM 2 atm and just want to play

What night/time did you have in mind?

Ryndal

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm also looking to play online to compensate for the lack of people to play with near me.

It's been a good while since I played D&D and I can't say I have much online experience but I'm a fast learner.

I second the 4th ed idea, but after my vacation days is over work/college eat up most of my weekdays so I'll only be able to play on friday nights, saturday morning and afternoon, and sunday mornings.

Valthos.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have not run a D&D 4th but I have run original advanced D&D up to 3rd so should not be a strech for me to pick up 4th. You will have to give me a few days to read everything and get up to speed. Do you guys have any interest in any other games besides D&D?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Besides D&D I used to play shadowrun, would be ok with that as well. (Used to mostly play D&D and then changed to shadowrun for a long time), tried GURPs, but never managed to get a steady group for that so couldn't play it much.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey everyone, I am new to the message board. I would be interested in playing, but i am sort of new to Dungeons and Dragons. Just joined a meetup group in the state in live in and played once. Since then, its been 15 years lol. Send me a post or email me @ tomtbird@aol.com I am available most evenings and weekends!

Downloads
    Uploads
    As for times to play I was thinking any time after 10pm eastern US, to about 2AM eastern US. If we do it during the weekday (which I am not too keen on as I have a job and family.) But I would rather do it during the weekends (Sunday afternoon would be best. Two or three days a month.)

Downloads
    Uploads
    10pm to about 2 am would be ok for me on friday nights (would prefer to avoid other weekdays because of work, but friday is perfect).

If weekend wins, I would prefer saturday mornings or afternoons (could go up to 7pm or 8pm Eastern time without worries), or sunday mornings to afternoon (from whatever hour in the morning up to around 3pm Eastern time).

Just to be on the safe side though, my time schedule is base on my assumption that Eastern time is GMT -5 (but daylights saving is up now so "-4" until US summer ends).

Sorry, I'm not from the US.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Another thing I would like to clarify. You all do know what ventrilo is and are familiar with VOIP correct? Because I do not want to play using only chats and posts. The Vent server I have costs (a little) money to run and I don't want to pay for it if nobody plans on using it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Friday night is possible, altho not ideal. Sunday afternoon would be good though

I am already playing in one on line game using Vent and it works fine. In conjunction with the Vent , some type of virtual table top program with a mapping grid and dice rolling macros works great.

GameTable is a very basic program that works well and is easy to use. Does not have a ton of options, but is a nice basic table top.

MapTools has many more options but is also more complex. Video tutorials are available.

In any event count me in to play.

Ryndal

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would like to play if possible message me with some info thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is this game going to form - sounds very promising

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I need to get caught up with my reading and get the rules right in mah head before we begin so it will take me a little time to get that system ready to play... If we wanted to play deadlands or maybe shadowrun instead I have all that stuff ready. For 4th D&D I need to catchup tho.

Downloads
    Uploads
    One great thing about 4th ed is that its exceedingly easy to DM imo. Its certainly very easy to prep.

Be glad to help you any way I can.

For example, helps if you make one of your players keep the initiative board and tell people when its their turn in any combat situation.

I hereby volunteer for such a job.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok lets start getting things rolling TODAY IS SUNDAY!! Lets try to get a game stumbling along! Post up a way for me to send you the Vent Info and we will try to light this candle!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast