Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Fantasy
System Used: D&D 4ed
Style: 50% Roleplaying / 50% Combat
Desired # of Players: 5
Game Location N/A
Game Times Frequency: Weekly
Days of Week: Thursday
Online Game Details Online Game?: Yes
Online Software Used: MapTool
Additional Options Looking for Players?: No
Online Game
(MapTool)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: D&D Online game (Novice's welcome)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I am exited for Thursday now, everyone better be there >_>

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was just curious if you had had your first game yet, I dropped thinking the first game was going to be last thursday...looks like you haven't gotten everyone's character prefs yet though.
    -gyrhawk

Downloads
    Uploads
    i wouldn't mind joining but im completly new. should i set up a charector first, and if so what is the be way/method/program to do that.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gyrhawk View Post
    I was just curious if you had had your first game yet, I dropped thinking the first game was going to be last thursday...looks like you haven't gotten everyone's character prefs yet though.
    -gyrhawk
    The game wasn't supposed to start last week. I had intended to wait a bit more to make sure everyone had a chance to respond before starting. The first session will be this coming Thursday, July 30. I probably should have been a bit clearer with that date up front.

Quote Originally Posted by jm4ca View Post
    i wouldn't mind joining but im completly new. should i set up a charector first, and if so what is the be way/method/program to do that.
    Right now I have 5 players that have said they can make it. A few others that showed interest haven't responded so I'm not sure where they stand. I'm considering the game full until the first session when I'll find out for sure how many players will be there. Assuming there is some space in the group I can contact you about filling in a spot.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you going to post the info to connect to you when thursday comes around?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I will, it will most likely be this server
    Password: dnd
    Address: rpg.mindlence.com
    Port: 5123

I'll create a post on the day with the actual information once I get started with it. Also expect a post tomorrow with the starting information. What town you're in and why you've all gathered there. Sorry that took me so long, a few things came up over the weekend that kept me from getting it done then.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Remember, just let me get my sneak attacks in, and the party will always succeed.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A little background for the players:
    For many years the town of Steeplefall had a quiet peaceful existence. Its a small farming village, that had seen more glory long ago. Its on the edge of a mountain range that many adventurers used to explore seeking dragon hoards and other treasure gathered by the goblins and orcs that live in mountain caves. Once the adventurers had cleared out a vast portion of the mountains there seemed little more for them to find, and the adventurers moved on. Then left behind many items and relics in the Hall of Great Valor, and the town carried on.

The goblins were never fully driven out, and it seems they are on the rise. A new champion has arisen in their ranks and is trying to organize them into an army. They've started attacking travellers on the roads around Steeplefall, and the outlying houses and farms. Their attacks are growing increasingly bold and they have recently struck the town itself. They stole several items from the Hall of Great Valor and captured 7 townsfolk.

The citezens of Steeplefall have called out for adventurers and heroes! They are offering rewards for the safe return of their kin, as well as the head of the new leader of the goblins. Mayor Jerek Olbrad is eager to hear from anyone that can put an end to the goblin raids.

Whether for the reward or to help those in need, you find your self heading to Steeplefall to respond to their cry for help. You arrive in the late afternoon as the town is preparing for a celebration or festival of some sort. A large bonfire and platform is being erected in the courtyard at the center of town. There are strawmen being placed all about the town, and all the villagers seem to carry a small stawman with them.
    Thats where we'll be starting. Whatever your motivations you've recently arrived in Steeplefall and are witness to their preparations. You are welcome to arrive in groups and already know some of the other PC's, if not I have a small event planned that should draw out the heroes and give you a chance for an introduction.

I'll be creating the MapTools room at 6:30 PM Eastern Standard Time time, I'd like the game to start at 7:00 PM EST. I'll be their early finishing my preparations for the game. The connection information is as follows:
    Code:
    Password: dnd
    Address: rpg.mindlence.com  (71.60.80.247)
    Port: 51234
    We'll start by finalizing characters. I have a bunch of macros that may or may not be useful to you that I'll review quickly, as well as the states and bars I've created in MapTool. Hopefully that won't take to long so we can get into the actual game.

A couple people have asked if they can listen in on the game; I've agreed to that so long as they aren't disruptive. I've asked them to send any questions as whispers so they don't interrupt the RP. I just wanted to give warning that we'll have a few lurkers in there as well.
    Last edited by Q-man; 07-30-2009 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Connection information was wrong, its now fixed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Woo! Excited for tonight! I hope everyone can make it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I plan to be there. That was at 7pm ET right? if so, then 4pm here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    About to leave work soon, so the room better be open when I get there *shakes fist*

Downloads
    Uploads
    i'm one of the lurkers that should attend the session. Unfortunately i tried for more than one hour to connect to the server without success. I even tried different combination: IP, address, different release of maptool(1.39, 1.45, 1.56) and with different connection, but i get stacked in a black screen saying "connecting". I don't know if other players experienced this problem or i'm the only one.

Anyway i hope you enjoyed the session and that next time i can give it a look.

bye

Downloads
    Uploads
    I managed to get on fine. But yay! It was fun.

Downloads
    Uploads

Couldn't Conect to Server

I was planning on lurking too but I couldn't connect. I figured I should stop trying in case there was a connection limit and I was blocking one of the PCs.

Downloads
    Uploads

Character Sheet

Here is my character sheet for anyone who wants to see it.

Sven_1_Thursday.pdf

Also, I felt a description was in order as well.

Having lost his voice due to past events, he wears a black bandanna tied around his neck covering the vicious scar. There is no doubt for anyone who sees the scar, that it should have been a mortal wound. When his leather jacket is removed, a visible tattoo can be seen on his right shoulder. It's meaning is not known at this time.

Sven wears a black leather jacket over black common clothes and a scabbard tied across his back containing a Fullblade. His hair is spiked up and back with a few spiked bangs handing down in his face. When he smirks or smiles, his elongated canines can be seen.

Cool and collect would be the best way to describe Sven's attitude. But, he adopts a surprising counterance when he becomes bloodied...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast