Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
D&D Online game (Novice's welcome)
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Fantasy
System Used: D&D 4ed
Style: 50% Roleplaying / 50% Combat
Desired # of Players: 5
Game Location N/A
Game Times Frequency: Weekly
Days of Week: Thursday
Online Game Details Online Game?: Yes
Online Software Used: MapTool
Additional Options Looking for Players?: No
Online Game
(MapTool)

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: D&D Online game (Novice's welcome)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

D&D Online game (Novice's welcome)

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I'm still fairly new to MapTool, but I think I know enough to make a game work. So lets put that to the test and I'll DM a game in there.

If you're interested in a D&D game come on in! I've no problem with new players, either new to MapTool or D&D, and will do my best to answer questions along the way. I have various voice chat programs installed, but I don't have access to a public server to make use of them. So I'm inclined to go without, if its felt that they are needed we can discuss ways to make them available.

I'd like to play once a week, I put both Thursday and Saturday on the post since those are the best two days for me. Thursday would be a 7PM EST start time going until 11PM or Midnight EST, I have to be at work on Fridays so we can't go too long. Saturdays are a bit more open, we can either play in the morning or late at night. I figured I'd leave the time open and see when players are available.

-=- Update July 21 -=-
    Just keeping a running list of who's available when. Hoping it will clarify when this should be scheduled:

• Yukonhorror: Thursday: ? | Saturday: No (thesis) |
    • Ruki: Thursday: Yes (15 minutes late) | Saturday: ? | Halfling Rogue
    • mayhem2376: Thursday: Yes | Saturday: Yes |
    • Vastian: Thursday: Yes | Saturday: Yes (Preferred) | Tiefling Fighter
    • Gmoz: Thursday: Yes (Preferred) | Saturday: ? | Controller(Druid)
    • Dairun: Thursday: Yes | Saturday: Yes |
    • Chaaz: Thursday: Yes | Saturday: ? | Avenger (Striker)
    • adamgibbons: Thursday: Yes | Saturday: ? | Dragonborn Paladin

Ok so we've got a few more for Thursday than for Saturday, its looking like that'll be the day for it.

-=- Update August 11 -=-
    The game is currently full. I am keeping a list of folks that were interested in the game for alternates in case one of the current players needs to bow out. I'd prefer if you contacted my by private message to let me know you're interested instead of replying to this thread.
    Last edited by Q-man; 08-11-2009 at 02:21 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know if I could, because sat is sometimes set aside to finish my thesis.

However, our group just kind of pooped out for multiple reasons, and I am sure the members would want to play. Contact johnsoncake and Chaaz for more details.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I only want to meet 1 day during the week. I just put up both times so there would be some options. There are other times I could make it work, those were just the best days for me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have yet to play 4e, but would be interested in trying. Never used Maptool though. As for a day, Thursday....but I would be 15 mins late most likely, as I get off of work at 7est. I am usually only home on Saturday's 1/3 of the time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have never used maptool but i am available at those times. lol actually i have never played online at all.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am good on both days but prefer saturday. and I as well know how to use maptool and would like to know on how you would like us to roll our abilities and which version we are playing

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would be interested as well. I have used maptools in the past for 3.5 games, but don't have much experience with 4e. I have all the material for it though. Out of the two days I would prefer Thursdays.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would be interested I am available basicly all the time currently, though have never played any rp games other then free form rp (chat style with dice roller). Though im definatly willing to learn.

Thanks,

Dairun.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I put up a blog post with the few rules and limitations I'll be subjecting players to. It lists the stat rolling rules, which allow any of the methods in the PHB. If you want to roll for your stats, you can just do it somewhere where I can see the dice results (forum post is fine, otherwise we can plan a character building session in maptool for it). The only class I don't have a book for is the Artificer, so I can't allow that once since I'd have no idea what you were doing.

We just need to figure out what day to play. Right now it looks about even on who wants to play on either of the days I suggested. If we need a tie breaker I'll choose Thursday since its easier on me (in other words, my wife rarely wants to do stuff on Thursdays and won't get upset if I'm playing D&D).

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would be available for play on Thursdays. I have Maptool, but don't exactly know how to use it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would be available Thursday evenings or Saturdays. It looks like the group is getting rather large, but based on the day you pick and like most groups some will drop out leaving a good round number of players. Just let me know what day you decide. I'm trying to learn Maptools as we speak. Been a Dnd player for a number of years, and have used klooge, but it doesn't appear as popular as I would like. Cheers.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, I think there's enough responses that we can get a group together. Based on the availabilities listed I'm going to go with Thursday nights, from 7PM EST until 11:30PM.

Oh, and like an idiot I mentioned a blog post with rules, but neglected to add in any sort of link to it. So I'll try that again: go here to have to read it.

I'd like to cap the players at 6, unfortunately 8 people have responded. I'll need to get a final confirmation that you're willing and able to play. Just toss up a reply with a preferred character class or role that you'd like to play so we can start figuring out the group makeup as well. I'm not against some overlap, but if we have 4 barbarian requests someone's going to have to change.

Assuming that everyone is able then I'll have to make some cuts. There's no fair way to do that, so I'll be going by the timestamps on your reply and the first responses get a spot. That follows the list of responses in the thread with the exception of Chaaz who contacted me by private message. If I'm not mistaken the order is the same as the list on my initial post.

Keep in mind that I opened this games to folks unfamiliar to MapTools or D&D. So it might be a slow start while they are catching on to how everything works. Looks like most of you are familiar with the game and the tools so it shouldn't be a huge problem; but a few have said they are rookies so there may be pauses to answer questions along the way.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yay for Thursdays! I hope my 15 mins of being late won't be too big of a problem.

As for character? I would probably prefer the human fighter for simplicity, or halfling rogue for personal preference. I can go either way, depends on which one is needed more. I lack the PHB2, so I will hunt that down tonight, not sure if my class/race selection would change based on that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would like to play a human warlord.

On second thought I didn't realize this was going to be a 4th edition game and I don't have time to learn the new rules as I will be out of town this week on buisness. Sorry to drop out so soon, but didn't want to be the cause of trouble so soon in the campaign. Good luck!
    Last edited by gyrhawk; 07-21-2009 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Will be gone this week

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am currently leaning towards controller. I have my eye on a predator druid.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast