Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: #1 Blog Entries

Soft Serve is offline Cascade Failure FTW Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

#1 Blog Entries

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    OK RIGHT NOW

There is a 4 way tie.

Between me, Grimwell, and two of Nijineko's posts for first in the blogosphere here. Despite how one of mine has double the 5-star ratings, and 4 times the views of theirs.

It's because the positions go by averages of the ratings given and the highest possible average is 5.00, which can be achieved after two people vote for 5-stars on ANY post. This means someone with 18 5-stars could be 16th best to someone who posted more recently and had two of his friends put 5-star ratings up.

I am suggesting a better thread rating system. So I can have first like my rates say I should.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i would be interested in finding out what the existing rating system for blogs is first, and how it works exactly before condemning it and asking for another. ^^
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Soft Serve is offline Cascade Failure FTW Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah I kinda did.

It goes ratings avg. -- views -- comments I think.

So if ratings are tied it goes to views, then if views are tied it goes to comments.

But thats still bad because the ratings avg. of a lower viewed blog is still a quick way to the best.

If something is voted 5-stars twice and has 16 views it beats something that's been voted 5-stars 99 times and 4-stared twice with 6,000 views just because the average is screwed up for that blog.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    heh. sounds possible. i'll wait till farcaster weighs in before i formulate a solid opinion.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive