Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Campaign Questions

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    thanks for the invite. i looked over the campaign, but i don't think it's going to work for me. i deal with enough of this sort of thing in real life to ever want to rp it in a game. ^^
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I checked out the material you had in your Obsidian Portal site. I have some questions about it. Several place names are written in red. When you click on them it asks for a user name and password. Is this because you need to be a member of Obsidian Portal or is it that there is no info on these places yet. There are also other places where it asks for a user name and password (such as the vote thingy). Should we or do you recommend we become members or will we be able to access all the info we need regardless. You also mention that you've run a campaign on this world before. Do we have access to any of the info about this campaign (for example, the races there or the deities worshiped). Or is this kind of info still forthcoming?
    The reason I ask is that I wanted to learn what I could about your world to help formulate a background for my character. But there doesn't appear to be much there at this point. My general idea was to have my character betray the community of elves (assuming they exist there) who taught me the skills of a duskblade which were originally elven skills.
    "Plan?...There ain't no plan!" - Pigkiller

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do reccommend becoming a member on Obsidian Portal. I can add you as a player and in doing so you can navigate the wiki, plus the campaign has its own forum there too.

The links in red do not have content as of yet, and I am working on putting everything up as as quickly as I can. I am posting content from my last campaign, which took place on the continent of Sindur, so anything you see that is related to Sindur is a product of the history, locations, NPCs, etc. that I came up with for that game.
    --- Merged from Double Post ---
    I added content to the Pantheon Page in my Obsidian Portal Wiki, and have begun adding content to each of the individual deities. I am tinkering around with HTML code so the site looks somewhat organized so forgive me if I go a bit slow since this is my first time with code. I found some useful templates to use that I've modified for my needs so hopefully it'll work out.

You can check out the Pantheon page at my Obsidian Portal page here.
    Last edited by Doom Crow; 08-02-2009 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Double Post

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    good luck with the game! hope everyone has fun. =D
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks! Sorry it didn't turn out for you, maybe you'll catch another game I'll run in the future.

Downloads
    Uploads
    How do I roll stats

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom Crow View Post
    The PBP forums have dice rollers so I believe we can use those. As for the method I will use the 4d6, drop the lowest die for each ability approach.

Let me test it out:
    * Constitution Check *

Aha, Success!

To use the dice roller, when you reply to a post you'll see a red box with six white dots in the chat entry section, it will be on the far right above the text box. Click that and when it prompts you, enter d20+1 or d20+3 and hit enter. It'll then put the code in the text box for you, and have your cursor in between the code brackets. There is where you will write the description of the roll, for instance I wrote Constitution Check.

So it should look like this when you're done (i'll leave out the first bracket so it shows up in code form:

roll=d20+4]Constitution Check[/ROLL]
    I have explained it here.

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    08-04-2009 12:08 PM
    Constitution Check: 1d20 (1) + 4 (4) = 5

Downloads
    Uploads
    What are we going to do about character sheets.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I totally forgot that Obsidian Portal has character sheets. We're going to use that instead of the bulky excel sheet I had up before.
    Last edited by Doom Crow; 08-05-2009 at 01:45 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Finished my character on Obsidian Portal.
    Last edited by Azar; 08-06-2009 at 11:34 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Scratch the first idea. We'll be using Obsidian Portal to generate character sheets.
    Ok folks, I apologize but I was so focused on adding content for the game that I forgot that Obsidian Portal allows you to create your character, character sheet and all right there. So register at OP, tell me your username so I can invite you to the campaign, and create your character right there. I will then link them here on the PBP forum.
    Last edited by Doom Crow; 08-05-2009 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Double Post

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    sigh.....Mine is already done too.
    Q: How many Call of Cthulhu players does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: All of them, because you never, EVER split the party!

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can change, and the weaponry to make the difference.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have some questions. We now inhabit the bodies of other people all of whom have connections of some sort in this world. How much do we know of these people whose bodies we inhabit. We know they have connections - but are we able to fool these people into believing we are who we appear to be? Do we know the things that these people knew? And my guy in particular is suppose to be a sorcerer - how do I explain that I now wear armor and wield a sword? Also, since magic is socially restricted to nobles, does this mean I have to hide my magic casting or do I have a permit to wield magic?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the fact that he was a sorceror in the open means he must be a member of the upper class in some way. As for the armor and weapon, people can multiclass so it's not something that's out of the ordinary, you'll just need to come up with a good reason as to why he changed his mind

As for knowing what they know, that will be explained in-game.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom Crow View Post
    the fact that he was a sorceror in the open means he must be a member of the upper class in some way. As for the armor and weapon, people can multiclass so it's not something that's out of the ordinary, you'll just need to come up with a good reason as to why he changed his mind

As for knowing what they know, that will be explained in-game.
    Good thing I bought some fancy clothes then. My equipment has been bought btw and everything is up to date on my OP character.
    Now, just to be clear Doom, we don't actually have our equipment on us at this point. Is that right? And if so, does it still need to be bought in town, or will it be waiting for us at our homes. I'm assuming we each (or rather the former occupants of our bodies) have homes in town. What can you tell us about that? For example, my guy was an alchemist. Do I have all the lab equipment and such? And do I now have the knowledge of alchemy at my disposal? My guy was also a sorcerer - but I'm guessing I don't have access to any of his spells or knowledge of magic, right?
    Last edited by Arkhemedes; 08-14-2009 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Double Post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast