Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Eberron] Adventure Ideas

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

[Eberron] Adventure Ideas

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I'm going to be running an online Eberron campaign and I'd like some adventure ideas.

The starting level is 5 and the overarcing adventure is that the Inspired (dream monsters) sent the Mournland to help bring Dal Quor into alignment with Eberron.

Not every adventure has to have something to do with the overall adventure, just most of them.

Help me, fellow forumgoers, you're my only hope.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds good so far. Might help if the players were established as well. I have found DMs tend to write adventures without encoperating the characters into the mix. For example let's use Big Trouble in Little China but we introduce a Jedi Knight into the story. Why is the Jedi Knight there? He doesn't belong and he would have dramataclly altered the story.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I already know one of the characters, and have a few adventures for him, and once I know the other characters I can incorporate them into my campaign as needed.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You know one of the players or one of the characters? Or both?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Both. The player was one of the first people I asked and he came up with a character (Duergar Tinkerer (summoning) build Artificer). His epic destiny is Dispossessed Champion and he's looking for a home for his clan.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Now, that is excellent. You know the character's motivation! You know how to build the story and what to put in the way of one of the hereos!
    So, what would you like us to assist with? A scenario. a bad guy/nemisis, or what?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cigamnogard View Post
    So, what would you like us to assist with? A scenario. a bad guy/nemisis, or what?
    Scenarios for the most part. The BBEG can come later, though there may be hints later. In my campaign, one of the clanholds was abandoned for the same reason Cyre was abandoned and I've figured out the key to getting rid of the Mournland effect.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly, I would refrain from changing any game designed component until later levels (5th level is a little early for that - but up to you).
    Scenario:
    Encounter:
    Band of halflings from the Plains rides into the town and decide to whoop it up (western spaghetti!).
    Gnomes of D'Sivis need a mediator escourted safely from Zilago to Druham. Except, they don't want him to arrive and do their level best to kill him off! So, each time the party reports in the plot thickens!

How's that?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly, I would refrain from changing any game designed component until later levels (5th level is a little early for that - but up to you).
    Which component? The abandoned clanhold? I haven't seen a reason for it being abandoned so I'm making one up. :P

The scenarios look good, though. Maybe change the halflings to Valenar elves. *hmm*

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DarQuing View Post
    I've figured out the key to getting rid of the Mournland effect.
    That one.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That one.
    Ah, I see. That's an epic resolution. It'll take the characters awhile to figure out what's causing the Mournland, and then they have to actually figure out how to do it.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DarQuing View Post
    The starting level is 5 and the overarcing adventure is that the Inspired (dream monsters) sent the Mournland to help bring Dal Quor into alignment with Eberron.
    What, huh? Guess I don't speak Eberronese. Although I did play in the trial adventure that was used to introduce Eberron on D&D Game Day. Darn that shadowy guy on the bridge...

Cigamnogard is on it with the "ask the players" recommendation. You can come up with the coolest adventures, but if the PCs have a different opinion on cool than you do, your effort is wasted.

That said, 5th level is where the Fly spell becomes available (at least, in 3E), so you could introduce rumors of a Girl with Green Eyes who sits alone on the top of a tower/skyscraper, crying incessantly, holding a golden anvil that looks like it might drag her into a splatter-inducing fall if she decides to end it all. (The tower is higher than a single fly-spell can reach, which might leave some party members stranded on a balcony. Also, the golden anvil is a golden anvil...OF FLYING, so crying-green-eyes is likely to find another tower-top if her whining gets disturbed).

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Where is that from?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Left field?

The Girl with Green Eyes is taken from Big Trouble in Little China, mentioned by Cigam. And if you haven't seen it yet, add it to your homework list. It's very D&D, for a movie taking place in San Francisco.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DMMike View Post
    Left field?

The Girl with Green Eyes is taken from Big Trouble in Little China, mentioned by Cigam. And if you haven't seen it yet, add it to your homework list. It's very D&D, for a movie taking place in San Francisco.
    Two girls with green eyes!
    -also from the movie! Great movie!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast