Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Can we make the sun god happy please?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blydden View Post
    I also like winter much more than summer. Which must be why I love the Raven Queen infinitely more than Pelor.
    Or Mab over Titania~ (Though any sane person would stay the heck away from the sidhe, regardless of court :P)

Also, to clarify the first post, the Aztecs sacrificed one person everyday...by carving out the person's heart at a temple...to make sure that the sun would indeed rise every morning. They feared if they failed to do this sacrificial savagery, the sun would never rise again! Personally, I'd say good riddants.
    There's some evidence that suggests the number sacrificed was exaggerated to increase the fear factor with neighbors. Or by the Spanish, to demonize the Aztecs.

Sadly, the sun is an important part of our solar system. Without the sun, we'd all be dead. And earth would be a giant floating ice ball. So, we need the sun.
    But there'd still be life~ Until the extremophiles die off. Though, if Earth was like ... Europa? I think ... the liquid water would be caused by tidal forces, and not the sun's energies; heated, indirectly, by gravity~! (Curse you, Neil deGrasse Tyson! Curse you and your fantastic science writings.)

Soft Serve is offline Cascade Failure FTW Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sascha View Post
    Or Mab over Titania~ (Though any sane person would stay the heck away from the sidhe, regardless of court :P)
    Or Diana over Apollo right?

There's some evidence that suggests the number sacrificed was exaggerated to increase the fear factor with neighbors. Or by the Spanish, to demonize the Aztecs.
    Because sailing to a new land and discovering a new civilization wasn't interesting enough of a story back home.

But there'd still be life~ Until the extremophiles die off. Though, if Earth was like ... Europa? I think ... the liquid water would be caused by tidal forces, and not the sun's energies; heated, indirectly, by gravity~! (Curse you, Neil deGrasse Tyson! Curse you and your fantastic science writings.)
    If you can call that life. Or earth at that point.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Or Diana over Apollo right?
    In keeping with the Greek, Artemis, yes.

Because sailing to a new land and discovering a new civilization wasn't interesting enough of a story back home.
    At that point, new civilizations were practically a dime a dozen. Plus, embellishing human sacrifice made it easier for the good Spanish Catholics to purge the heretics. (So they could take the gold.)

If you can call that life. Or earth at that point.
    "Life as we know it" is constantly proven to be, shall we say, myopic. 'Specially with critters that get their energies from Not-the-Sun.

Soft Serve is offline Cascade Failure FTW Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    At that point, new civilizations were practically a dime a dozen. Plus, embellishing human sacrifice made it easier for the good Spanish Catholics to purge the heretics. (So they could take the gold.)

"Life as we know it" is constantly proven to be, shall we say, myopic. 'Specially with critters that get their energies from Not-the-Sun.

I get the spanish heretic purging and good for them getting what they want, but they didn't need to justify it I think. They could have just as easily said "There's people here who have what we want so we'll get it and because we are more important than you we will do what we want to do." to their people. Actually I don't see why most governments don't just act that way instead of the little facade they put on about keeping people happy.

"Life as we know it" pretty much has to be myopic because if it wasn't we wouldn't "know it". No one can predict the future down to a dime. Especially with critters that get their energies from not-the-sun.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314