Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Can we make the sun god happy please?
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we make the sun god happy please?

Soft Serve is offline Cascade Failure FTW Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can we make the sun god happy please?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    As we all know the great aztecs sacrificed people to the sun god so it would stop being so friggin hot (I would imagine that was their motive...hopefully they didn't do it out of boredom...)

Anyway this giant burny bastard in the sky is really annoying when you...do...just about anything that involves being somewhere the giant burny bastard can see you. Like the annoying guy at work who always hits on you...I can relate.

Anyway I'm not attempting to incite murderous rampages through the streets but who do you think we could sacrifice to "el burno stinko" to make winter come earlier?

My vote goes to Kevin Bacon...

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Try living in Texas my friend. You'll appreciate the weather in Indiana.
    "Plan?...There ain't no plan!" - Pigkiller

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm actually in Louisiana right now...and working Construction...so I feel it guy.

The Indiana part of my profile is because I'm moving back soon and it's just not worth it to go and change it and get anyone in Slidell LA's hopes up about a game.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah. I see. So you are roasting like the rest of us!
    "Plan?...There ain't no plan!" - Pigkiller

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Affirmative.

And after we get K. Bacon I say we send Sarah Palin.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, i'd do Sarah. She is one hot middle-aged gal. That aside, moving to Texas soon, San Antonio area. Anyone want to start thinking about getting together a WFRP, Traveller, Gamma World, or even a 1 or 2E dnd, epic campaign encompassing all the 30 classic modules, let me know.

Hey Soft Serve, you do realize that there are gamers on these boards that actually live in states that have real deserts, right? That equates to real heat, and none of this boo hoo whine and complain about a 75 degree day nonsense.

Bring it on, Softy, Let's see what you got!

<Thoth is always willing to go out of his way to do battle for the entertainment of all in P&PG's>
    Last edited by Arch Lich Thoth-Amon; 07-08-2009 at 07:28 PM.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoth-Amon View Post
    Hey, i'd do Sarah. She is one hot middle-aged gal. That aside, moving to Texas soon, San Antonio area. Anyone want to start thinking about getting together a WFRP, Traveller, Gamma World, or even a 1 or 2E dnd, epic campaign encompassing all the 30 classic modules, let me know.

Hey Soft Serve, you do realize that there are gamers on these boards that actually live in states that have real deserts, right? That equates to real heat, and none of this boo hoo whine and complain about a 75 degree day nonsense.

Bring it on, Softy, Let's see what you got!

<Thoth is always willing to go out of his way to do battle for the entertainment of all in P&PG's>

Tomorrow it's going to be 96F. I'm going to be outside pouring concrete for $9 an hour for 8 hours.

I don't care about Arizona.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bah on appeasing the Sun. All He gives us is light and the base energy source for the planet. We dun need Him~

Support the Moon! She has bunnies!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Tomorrow it's going to be 96F. I'm going to be outside pouring concrete for $9 an hour for 8 hours.

$9 a hour? I could work at the local air conditioned supermarket for $9.15 to start packing bags and stocking shelves.
    "Hey wich one of you punks stole Dr.Rockso's banana?"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark View Post
    $9 a hour? I could work at the local air conditioned supermarket for $9.15 to start packing bags and stocking shelves.
    Exactly. But It's the only job I got and it's getting me closer to moving back up North where the sun god can choke and die for all I care. But while I'm here stuck in little france (New Orleans) where they had 4 murders in 12 hours, I'm going to make the best of it, try not to offend ANYBODY, and work my @ss off to get back home.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post

Okay, i'm going for the rabbit punch: I worked days in 128 degree weather in the deep deserts of California. 96 degrees? Wimp!

Don't forget to bring a jacket.

Thoth is choosing to disregard Softy's Arizona crack.

All kidding aside, pouring concrete for $9.00/hr for 8 hrs in 96 degree weather does suck. You have my sympathies, Soft Serve.
    Last edited by Arch Lich Thoth-Amon; 07-08-2009 at 09:12 PM.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoth-Amon View Post
    Okay, i'm going for the rabbit punch: I worked days in 128 degree weather in the deep deserts of California. 96 degrees? Wimp!

Don't forget to bring a jacket.

Thoth is choosing to disregard Softy's Arizona crack.

All kidding aside, pouring concrete for $9.00/hr for 8 hrs in 96 degree weather does suck. You have my sympathies, Soft Serve.

If you knew who I was working for you'd feel like donating cash to a relief fund. My mom's redneck boyfriend who is obnoxiously loud and obviously simple. He has a way with words that makes you want to bury his feet in concrete and dump him in Lake Pontchartrain. The issue there being that while you poured the concrete on his feet he'd b*tch about how you were doing it wrong...

I'd put him up for Sun-God pleaseing but I don't think the sun-god would be very pleased...

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah yes that wretched day star. I'm not sure who brought that plague on us. It hasn't quite started scorching my area yet, but I can sense its planning something.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    See Soft, just goes to show that you should have stayed in PA. Although, Latrobe still ain't the same as living out in the country.

Also, speaking of deserts, when I was over in Saudi in 91, it would be the high 90s to 100s during the day and drop to the low 40s and 30s during the night. I feel for ya Soft. Also another reason for not tossing the "boss" into the lake P, is that it would be your luck that you would get nailed for poluting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sure is nice here in the Seattle suburbs. It's 59 degrees here right now. Our high will be 73 today. Eat your hearts out.

Of course, around here we sacrifice to the sun god all winter hoping to see him once or twice instead of getting rained on for 6-7 months straight, but that's another story entirely.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast