Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Favorite Intelligent Item or relic

Downloads
    Uploads

Favorite Intelligent Item or relic

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    What is everyone's favorite intelligent item or relic that they have used either as a GM or a player?

I developed a heavy mace named: Fharn that a cleric found in my last campaign. He had so many funny arguments with his mace.

Fharn “the Redeemer of Life”: +2/+4 holy heavy mace (alchemical silver) with a large sapphire (navy blue) gem which resembles an eye (it feels like a light mace in weight and properties weight of 4 lbs); AL NG;
    Int. 10, Wis. 16, Chr. 16; speech (common and celestrial), 60 ft darkvision and hearing (listen 6); 1d8+2, 2d8+4 undead; Ego score: 18

Lesser Powers: Bless 3/day all allies within 30 feet, cure moderate wounds wielder 3/day 2d8+3.

Greater Power: turn undead as +2 level, 2 extra turns per day, and deals normal damage against incorporeal (ghost strike)*

Special Purpose: defeat/slay undead.*

Personality: A loyal and trusted companion to blacksmith and high priest Jaxal Hammersmith, follower of Fharlanghn. Fharn was created out of divine inspiration that Jaxal received during his morning prayers. Legend has it that Jaxal stayed awake and fasted exactly 120 hours (5 days) completing the famed weapon in the City of Crimmor. Upon completion, Fharn and Jaxal began a long campaign traveling the world ridding it of the undead. Jaxal perished in the Valley of the Obelisks during the war against Mu Tah Laa and his demonic hordes. Since the war, it was rumored that Fharn was wielded by several lesser men until it vanished some 800 years ago. Fharn is in search of a new companion who will seek out and commit himself to battle the undead and further goodness. Fharn will be loyal, brave and offer occasional advice to someone upholding its mission to destroy the undead and further goodness.

Fharn always seeks to confront the undead. If the person turns away to flee or avoid the undead an immediate DC18 Will save is necessary. Failure of the DC 18 results in the wielder going back to confront the undead, with or without his party members. Unless there was little, if any, chance for success. A successful DC 18 will result in Fharn withholding healing the next time it is needed. Fharn will hold the grudge, if necessary.

*Relic - If wielded by a cleric of NG, LG alignment the Greater Power and special purpose is revealed. That cleric will also lose a 3rd level spell in exchange for the powers. If the cleric chooses not to volunteer to lose the spell slot then a Will Save of DC 18 (ego) needs to be made.

You will feel an urge to disregard all other magic weapons. DC 18 to resist the urge, weekly.

Strong/approaching overwhelming: Divination/evocation (undead); strong conjuration (healing) strong enchantment (compulsion/bless), CL 18 craft magic and armor; miracle; cost 79205 GP
    15 plus 9 spell level= 24 spell check on divination [yellow bordering on white aura]
    15 plus 1 spell level = 16 bless [yellow]
    15 plus 2 spell level = 17 cure moderate [yellow]

One other thing, I forgot to mention is that once the pc reached 10th level or above, the damage went from 1d8 +2 to 1d8 plus character level or 2d8 +4 to 2d8 + character level when combating undead.
    Last edited by Baldwin Stonewood; 06-30-2009 at 08:08 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ame-no-nuhoko +2 Whirling Halberd with bloodstones (empowered vampric touch) lvl 11 item familiar.
    Int 12 Wis 10 Cha 10 able to cast minor image 1/day.

Used on my duskblade

Downloads
    Uploads
    I haqve two.

Sir Cullien. Holy Avenger with the added power to cast Bless 3/day. It had the personality of a drunken letcherouse Paladin that died using the sword to slay some super litch the GM brought out as a BBEG for that game.

and

Hero Maker. A +4 Flaming Undead Bane short sword. I forget the stats I gave it, but the sowrd had a really high Ego rating and would only let certian people weild it. For personality it was a Gung Ho, Lawful Stupid, blood thirsty ego maniac that always picked the weakest or least heroic person possible to weild it because its goal in existance is to make people into heroes and it preffered a challange. I forget the full backstory for the sword I made but that group always looked twice at any magic swords sticking out of rocks that got thier attention by saying, 'Psst, Psst, hey you! Come pull me out of this stone. Come on, you don't know how boring it is to just sit here on a deserted island in the middle of a lake for decades!"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The Brother Swords: A set of nine sword forged by the god Coran the Golden for use mainly by heroes. Artifact quality +6 weapons. The powers determined by the needs of the first wielders.

Corn himself holds Feindslayer the Sapphire Sword. A devil and demon bane weapon of fearsome power. He keeps by his side Vengeance The Black Sword the god killer (100-1000 damage base) and Oathbinder the White Sword that slays oathbreakers with a single blow. The latter is lent out to those who seek redress for evil done when promises are borken.

I'm going to have to dredge out the file on the rest of them.

The Bone of Contention
    . A mace made from a Human femur that has a adimantine ball on the hip socket. The bone is magically strengthed to not shatter. All foes within 30' of the mace when in use must save will DC 17 or fall to fighting among themselves.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    The Dean of Old School
    The Olde Phoenix Inn
    Metro Detroit Linux Users Group

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Easily my favorites were the 12 swords from Fred Saberhagen's "Book of Swords" and "Book Lost of Swords" series. A great set of books and a great set of swords to introduce into a campaign!

Just going from memory, some of their names I believe were:
    Townsaver, Coinspinner, Dragonslicer, Farslayer, Sightblinder, Stonecutter, Soulstealer, Shieldbreaker, Woundhealer and Mindsword. Don't recall the other two
    and unfortunately I've lost some of the books.
    "Plan?...There ain't no plan!" - Pigkiller

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tesral View Post
    The Brother Swords: A set of nine sword forged by the god Coran the Golden for use mainly by heroes. Artifact quality +6 weapons. The powers determined by the needs of the first wielders.

Corn himself holds Feindslayer the Sapphire Sword. A devil and demon bane weapon of fearsome power. He keeps by his side Vengeance The Black Sword the god killer (100-1000 damage base) and Oathbinder the White Sword that slays oathbreakers with a single blow. The latter is lent out to those who seek redress for evil done when promises are borken.

I'm going to have to dredge out the file on the rest of them.

The Bone of Contention
    . A mace made from a Human femur that has a adimantine ball on the hip socket. The bone is magically strengthed to not shatter. All foes within 30' of the mace when in use must save will DC 17 or fall to fighting among themselves.

Cool swords

Downloads
    Uploads
    My favorite intelligent item Ive had as a player (as opposed to books and such) was an intelligent Staff of the Magi found in the Castle Ruins supermod.
    My High Priest/Archmage (later a lich) wielded it.
    "Si vis pacem para bellum"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhemedes View Post
    Easily my favorites were the 12 swords from Fred Saberhagen's "Book of Swords" and "Book Lost of Swords" series. A great set of books and a great set of swords to introduce into a campaign!

Just going from memory, some of their names I believe were:
    Townsaver, Coinspinner, Dragonslicer, Farslayer, Sightblinder, Stonecutter, Soulstealer, Shieldbreaker, Woundhealer and Mindsword. Don't recall the other two
    and unfortunately I've lost some of the books.

Good books, I may have to read them again, it's been many years.
    "If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat is swimming. If you want to experience the element, then get out of the vehicle...SKYDIVE!"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The Great 17 from Steven Brust's novels (although is there 18 now...?):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragaera

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It was a homebrew thing...

Imagine a huge warforged battle-tank - with a brand new docent (intelligent implantable "brooch" thingy). Every so often he'd tip his head back and his eyes would flutter - and then the docent would speak through him... in Mrs. Doubtfire's voice.

The dichotomy was hilarious. The docent was eventually given to another warforged that was totally metrosexual, and looking to turn into a human - it just didn't know what gender to pick. It fit the movie-line of Mrs. Doubtfire perfectly.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the Desert Wind from Weapons of Legacy (3.5 - wotc)