Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Any bizzare power ideas out there? - Page 2
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any bizzare power ideas out there?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I came up with another odd idea, although on second thought it might not be entirely useless.

Neutrino sensation allows you to sense neutrinos. This means that if there is a supernova within a few million light years, you'll know it. That could be slightly useful if you happen to be an astronomer.

But then I realized that neutrino sensation could also help you find any nuclear reactors that might be operating.

Still, not the most useful super power that I can think of.

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

here is a power idea that explains why a superhero just shrugs off bullets, but flinches when you throw a chair at him:

Bulletproof Skin: 12 pts

Your skin is bulletproof. It repels metals heavier than Indium, serving as armor equal to your Constitution, but only against weapons made primarily of heavy elements such as lead, gold, or uranium. If the atomic number is 50 or greater, this power is effective. If the atomic number is 49 or less, this power is not effective.
    If you take this advantage twice, your effective armor against heavy elements is doubled.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    IIRC, an early version of GURPS depicted vampires as immune to inert materials like metal, but vulnerable to once-living materials like wood. (Or the fist of a Slayer, maybe?)

Another weird one comes from Shadowrun, the graphic novel Midnight Nation and an indie game called UnChosen: a specific aspect of reality, or reality in general, rejects the character's existence. Yes, you're impervious to wood, but you also can't pick up or move anything wooden. Or, people ignore your existence even if you shout at them; you can go where you want and steal what you want -- if reality will let you take it -- but no one will help you if you're in trouble, or listen to your warnings, or speak to you, ever.

If I'm forced to be original, how about knowing exactly what time it is, anywhere in the world, no matter where you are or what happens to you. Sure, you never need a watch, and other people synchronize their watches with you; a creative person can figure out more interesting uses, a la the animated Clock King. Still, other superheroes and supervillains will laugh at you.
    "On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
    - Charles Babbage (1791 - 1871)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a character who was a 'liquid' alien with shapeshifting & an armor rating. Set up his backstory so he was a bio-engineered suit of armor from a forgotten race and a forgotten war who gained sentience through an accident that sent him into hibernation with his wearer trapped inside.

Downloads
    Uploads
    One of the most bizarre(but actually useful) powers I've seen is Blood Control.

One of my friends came up with it when we were going to have a group writing project kind of thingy. His character, at first, could only control his own blood, but eventually he'd be able to control that of others.

He could cause any open wound upon his person to bleed, or to coagulate instantly. He could also control his blood once it was out of his body, hardening it into solid objects, liquidating it, or calling it back into him, if IIRC.

So, a creative player/writer could have him use it to swing like Spiderman, if he's got enough blood to pull it off.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A character with blood control caused some major problems for Vampirella in a few of her comic books.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Does anyone remember the lactokinetic (psychokinetic control over dairy products) villain in the British TV series Misfits?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ah, you just reminded me of misfits of science, there magic-rhyme. ^^ good times.

speaking of bizarre powers, try this game / exercise i am borrowing from another post (it serves as an excellent creative strengthening exercise as well as being fun and amusing):

Click this link three times and post the results. Then try to come up with an ability which combines them into one.
    an example of what might happen:

For instance:
    http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Domino_Effect
    http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Powers_Via_Object
    http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Nephilim_Physiology

I'd say that would translate into

An object containing a bound angel, which gives the holder angelic traits. No wings or blazing sword, but it does come with the power of "divine intervention" - they can cause just about anything to happen, but only if it could be explained as a series of coincidences. This power doesn't work retroactively (eg. if the user got lost then they couldn't have a car coincidentally pass by, though they could set things up ahead of time for a car to be there), and may take a while to come into effect. A true angel could pull off quantum-level "coincidences" to do overtly supernatural things like teleportation and shooting lasers, but that's beyond what a human mind is capable of.
    this should generate some bizarre powers. =D
    Last edited by nijineko; 04-24-2014 at 10:09 PM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    My favorite idea for a weird power was a villain in an Aberrant game with a refined version of homunculus. He was constantly decaying and regenerating, leaving him pretty grotesque, but also making him release high concentrations of cells into the air. When those cells started accumulating in an area, say an enemies lungs, He would take control of the cells and cause all kinds of nasty effects. Watching a high power physical nova go down from a critical hit to the node from the inside was pretty awesome.

Downloads
    Uploads
    How about the Atheist god with low self-esteem?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm, I don't know about you guys, but the ability to turn invisible - only when no one is looking - would take the cake. I remember this from that Ben Stiller movie years ago, "Mystery Men," it was smooth sailing and all until it got to that part. Still, it was a fun movie to watch and a hilarious superpower that never fails to crack me up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12