Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rip michael jackson

Downloads
    Uploads

Rip michael jackson

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Well ... He is gone ..

Time to Run a Game with Dancing Zombies .. Tales of the Floating Vagabond is one option.

RIP Michael Jackson.

Saluti
    Carlos

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    One of, if not the best video. Evar. A better legacy I cannot imagine (minus all the tabloid stuff, that is).

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sad day. He ruled back in the early 80's. Cant tell you how many hours i spend practicing martial arts in my room rocking out to Michael. I'll forever remember the good times. RIP, Michael.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Eh,...Frankly I'm more bummed about Farrah's death, although I was a big fan of the Jackson 5 as a kid.
    Last edited by Arkhemedes; 06-25-2009 at 08:17 PM.
    "Plan?...There ain't no plan!" - Pigkiller

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy

I can't help but think of young Michael. Even when past his prime, his talent was just... uncanny.

It's easy to say that he turned into a kind of monster (freaks happen, but monsters are created), but it may be harder to appreciate that, despite all of his talent, his was a life filled with sadness and confusion.
    There is no path, traveler; the path is made by walking.
    -Antonio Machado

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is a truly sad day. All controversy aside, he was a talented man who will be missed. Thank you for all the years of fond memories, Michael.
    HARRY DRESDEN WIZARD
    Lost items found. Paranormal Investigations.
    Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates.
    No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or Other Entertainment.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I heard about it on the radio ... He will be missed. His music can still give me chills.
    Games: Exalted 2e pre-errata (hiatus), Recruiting for a Sci-Fi/Fantasy game (System TBD) in SF south bay area
    The Dolling Blogs (1, 2, 3 & 4)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    --- Merged from Double Post ---
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhemedes View Post
    Eh,...Frankly I'm more bummed about Farrah's death, although I was a big fan of the Jackson 5 as a kid.
    Man was she hot in Saturn 3, mmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamburlain View Post
    I can't help but think of young Michael. Even when past his prime, his talent was just... uncanny.

It's easy to say that he turned into a kind of monster (freaks happen, but monsters are created), but it may be harder to appreciate that, despite all of his talent, his was a life filled with sadness and confusion.
    I couldn't agree with you more. I heard he once recorded a song in one take. Now that's damn impressive.

Very true. It was obvious his life was filled with sadness.
    Last edited by Arch Lich Thoth-Amon; 06-25-2009 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Double Post
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The man made the album Thriller which makes him a legend forever. I was telling my sister earlier. He could have dropped that baby off the balcony, molested Maculley, and even gunned mother Theresa down point blank with a shot gun and none of it would matter. The dude made Thriller!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoth-Amon View Post
    --- Merged from Double Post ---
    Man was she hot in Saturn 3, mmm.

"If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat is swimming. If you want to experience the element, then get out of the vehicle...SKYDIVE!"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yea I forgot to mention just how hot Farrah Fawcett used to be. I texted my friend yesterday saying that Charlie just lost one of his angels....to god

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't really see it as a loss to the world at large about this guy passing away...a man who paid 20 million to settle a molestation law suit...bobbled an infant out of a balcony window several stories up.

However, his passing is a definate loss to his family and my thoughts go to them for their grief.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it says something that I read the first Michael Jackson Death joke about 30 seconds after finding out he died, as I was reading a Farrah's Dead thread at the time. I'd repeat it here because it actually made me laugh, but I'm not sure how "over the line" it'd be. No bad words, just an oblique reference to his apparance.

That said, yes, his music was pretty damn good - part of the soundtrack of my youth, no doubt.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How many people can say they owned an entire decade? Michael Jackson completely owned the 80's! He was hands down the top performer and musical artist of the entire decade! And that was after the Jackson 5! They were huge in the 70's! I'm not a die hard fan but I absolutely appreciate what he has done for the music industry. I mean Thriller is one of the 5 greatest albums of all-time.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally, I think the music industry would've been fine without him. However, there is no way to tell, without somehow going back in time and stopping him from performing. It was such a pain in the ass in the 80s for me...I did everything possible to avoid hearing his music. Why? For one, his singing voice has a quality to it that comes across as...irritating is the only way to describe it. From that it evolved into complete dislike because he was so popular for everyone else. Ahhh, the irrational mind of a child.

All of that aside now, I have a question. I acknowledge that he is one of pops biggest entertainers of all time, and probably changed the face of music during his heyday. However, this is just a guy. How is it that he's getting so much hoopla about his death, when all he did was sing? He didn't do anything that earth shattering, just sing. This guy isn't the pope, the president, Ghandi, Martin Luther King, or even in the same realm as any of them, yet the media is treating his passing as the death to be heard around the world. Come on, people die all the time. He's just one more guy. The only people that are going to miss him are his friends and family. I'm certainly not. Nor should anyone who didn't personally know the guy. Let him die quietly. Of course, things might be like Tupac...hmmm another performer 'supposedly' dead and buried...yet 4 albums are released post humously, the last being in 2002.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast