Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Fantasy
System Used: D&D 3.5e
Style: 50% Roleplaying / 50% Combat
Desired # of Players: 4
Game Location N/A
Game Times Frequency: Weekly
Days of Week: Monday
Online Game Details Online Game?: Yes
Additional Options Looking for Players?: Yes
Online Game

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forgotten Realms 3.5 Online Play by Chat

Downloads
    Uploads

Forgotten Realms 3.5 Online Play by Chat, Looking for Players

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Need 4 players for a Forgotten Realms campaign set in Elturel, a city in the Western Heartlands. For anyone interested, character creation rules are as follows:

Level 1

Attributes: 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8
    You may also use Standard Point Buy (All stats of 8, 25 points to distribute, 15 or higher costs extra. See DMG or message me with questions)

Races: Player's Handbook or Standard FR races. ECL max of +1. This includes, but may not be limited to: Humans, Moon Elves (Elves), Sun Elves, Wild Elves, Wood Elves, Half-Elves, Rock Gnomes (Gnomes), Shield Dwarves (Dwarves), Gold Dwarves, Lightfoot Halflings (Halflings), Strongheart Halflings, Half-orcs, Orcs, Goblins, Kobolds, Lizardfolk, Hobgoblins, Aasimar, Tieflings, Genasai (Water, Air, Earth, or Fire)

Alignment: Any, but understand the roleplaying behind each alignment, as well as the ramification of said alignment on a party.

Starting Gold: 500gp

Starting EXP: 0

AFFILIATION: Each hero has a choice of starting with an affiliation. This has no outstanding statistical benefit, it is mainly a flavor aspect of the characters, and will impact story progression. The affiliations available in or around the city of Elturel are listed here:

Elturel City Watch: The character is either a member of the city guard, or has been in the past and remains in good standing.

Hellriders: The character is either a member of Reavus Dhelt's mounted warrior division, or has been in the past.

Harpers: The character has some personal tie to the Harpers Guild, or has aided them in the past.

Shadow Thieves: The character is either a member or former member of the Shadow Thieves of Amn.

Church of Helm: The character is a follower of Helm, and has done work for the church in some form.

Church of Ilmater: The character is a follower of Ilmater, and has done work for the church in some form.

Church of Shaundakul: The character is a follower of Shaundakul, and has done work for the church in some form.

IMPORTANT: My campaigns use some unorthodox house rules that do not appear in any of the books. The important ones are listed here.

Toughness: This feat grants either +3 HP, or +1 HP per level, whichever is higher.

Bonus Spells: If spellcasters have bonus spell slots of spell levels higher than they can normally cast, they can use those to prepare lower level spells, or to cast spells with metamagic feats that bring them up to the appropriate level.

BACKGROUND: For anyone interested in a short explanation of the area to get a better idea what your characters might be like, read the following:
    Elturel is a fortified city atop a cliff overlooking a vast plains and river. much of the land in every direction is mile upon mile of open grassy fields. To the Northwest, a cluster of rocky hills known as the troll claws serves as a den of rogue tribes of monsters, particularly for the trolls of its namesake. To the far Northeast, the Forest of Wyrms nests several broods of green dragons, and in the mountains beyond, the Zhentarim Keep known as 'Darkhold' looms over a scorched and eerily quiet landscape. Some may argue though, that of all the threats to the civilized folk of Elturel, the greatest lives within the city itself; a branch of the enigmatic Shadow Thieves Guild whose operations confound the city's ruler, High Rider Lord Reavus Dhelt, Paladin of Helm.
    Despite the presence of the thieves however, Elturel remains among the more peaceful places to live in Faerun, thanks to the diligent policing of the city, and the military might of the mounted Hellrider Cavalry. The Harpers Guild in particular has been a very positive source of growth and tolerance in recent years, and many churches of various faiths have begun springing up in the city as well.

A DEEPER LOOK: This is a much longer and more detailed explanation of the campaign background, and the events leading up to it:
    On the north bank of the River Chionthar, at the base of the cliffs holding the city of Elturel aloft, Jhanni Fenier stood shakily in the dim moonlight. A minute's walk from the dockhouse, he awaited a business partner of his masters, a man from the southern state of Calimshan. He nervously fiddled with his jingling leather satchel, a bit frightened of his first rendevouz with these sorts of unsavory characters. He didn't know what to expect, only that they worked for a carnival of some kind, and that their business expansion required some aid from organizations with the skills and influence the Shadow Thieves offered.
    For a moment he thought of running, but he dismissed the urge. He'd worked far too long to earn Onella's trust, though he still was not permitted to look on her face. His responsibilities had doubled in the past month though, and he knew that meant he was close to the inside. Soon the money would be much better, and he'd have lackey's of his own to press the risky work upon. Then he would be on top. He would finally have some pull in this town. Well, enough to get revenge on those high-blooded brats for what they did to his sister.
    His thoughts were interrupted by a gleam of light, blinking from the opposite bank. He reached down to his own lantern, aiming in the direction of his visitors, and allowing a tight beam to blink thrice, giving them his location. A minute later, a rowboat came into view, carrying four persons. As they got closer, he was able to visibly discern the form of a rotund and robed man, carrying a cylindrical case, possibly a birdcage under a silk cover. The others were obviously excorts, armed with falchions and crossbows, choice Calishite weaponry. When the boat ran aground, the large man shifted a little bit, and then groaning to his feet; He was quite fat, Jhanni noted, but he tried not to stare or acknowledge it. The thief had gained a knack for knowing when to be quiet.
    "Hail friend. We've brought the spices." The fat man said.
    Jhanni nodded at the man, and asked in turn, "Are they well kept?" to confirm his identity as the Shadow Thieves' contact and tell the robed man that his password was correct.
    "Haha! I suppose that means we can get to business. I've listed my demands here, this is for your master alone to see, understood?" The fat man paused. "Ah, but where are my manners. I am Ganneg, Carnival Master and entertainer. And you are?"
    Jhanni thought. He had long been in the practice of keeping his identity from new people, a trait he liked to think was one of Onella's reasons for taking notice of him. He responded "The messenger isn't important. I'll deliver the documents to my master. They also sent me with these trade bars, they've gone through the necessary channels, untraceable and clean. Those will pay for the permits and construction. Of course, they'll expect reimbursal within the first month."
    The fat man chuckled a bit. "I do say, I'm already enjoying the business practices here. Your people are quite understanding."
    "Don't mistake us for philanthropists. You receive this trust because your reputation precedes you, and my master believes your presence will be an asset. With that, we should ajourn, even the night-watch in this city is painfully difficult to evade." Jhanni said with stoicism.
    "I'll be sure to tread lightly." The fat man responded. "Please thank your masters for their kindness. I bid you adieu." The large man climbed back into his boat, and the bodyguards readied their paddles, heading back to the south bank.
    Jhanni walked back home through the night, passing a few watchmen and exchanging pleasantries. He had learned that they tend to be less suspicious if you actively approach them and engage in conversation. Indeed he was becoming a master of his trade. All he had to do was keep it up. Things would get easier soon. No more night jobs, no more intimidation or uncomfortable stand-offs; Just power, wealth, and vengeance against those brats that think themselves untouchable. He mulled the dreams around in his mind as he walked, grinning and laughing softly. As he left the rural district and made his way toward the north quarter, he heard a shout, then a series of shrieks. From a villa bordering the market, a figured crashed through a window. Jhanni couldn't see it clearly, and the figure... whatever it was, took to its feet with frightening speed. The watch showed up moments after, but to late.
    He didn't know it then, but Jhanni had witnessed something important. The first of a series of murders that would trigger events neither the Thieves, nor the City Rulers, or even the mysterious killer itself could have predicted.
    Last edited by trialbyfireent; 06-27-2009 at 02:56 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Important Information needed

Hello, I am interested in joining this Online game but I have some questions.

What medium will the Online portion take?
    OpenRPG? Maptools? IRC? Pen and Paper Games Webchat?
    What schedule will the games be on?
    I am available most weeknights starting at 5pm PST (8pm EST) and weekends.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have never played DND online but I am game if you are willing to work with a newbie. I have also never played 4e I have only played 2e. Contact me if you are interested. I have no idea how character creation works for 3.5 so I will have to work with you on that part.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Trial, we've played together before and I would love to play with you again. I will get a character together probably tonight.

Thanks.

Oh let me know if you don't want me...lol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    And let us know if you plan to stick to this one lol.
    Masaru Academy, a roleplaying experience you'll never forget.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am interested although I have never played D&D before. If you don't mind a total newcomer I'll join.

Downloads
    Uploads

That's 4

Platteville, Elf Lover, Gabriel_Knight, and Conflict.

I'll send this out in PM's as well, but please give me times you are most readily available so that we can set up a time where we can all get in live chat and determine a regular day and time we can do weekly sessions.

I'll work with anyone who needs help making characters individually, give me a time that works for you and I'll see if I can make it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm available any day at any time currently. I'll need some help setting up a character, I think I've got the basics down but it wouldn't hurt to have some assistance. Thanks for letting me join, looking forward to it all!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there, I would love to join this game. I am very familar with DnD v3.5 but I've never done Forgotten Realms. I have a ton of books on PDF so I'm all set on that front. I'm available on any given weeknight, though mon-wed work best. I'm willing to play any role needed, though I've been hankering to play a rogue. I hope I can join up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm actually going to have to back out, sorry.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am free pretty much in the afternoons now that I'm only taking 1 class from 10-12:15. And I have a question, are we maxing hp at level 1 or are you going to make us roll it?

Downloads
    Uploads

also intrested

have been gaming for years sence 1987 havent updated to 4th yet but willing to get the books if needed pen most days hope to hear from you about an opeining

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd love this one, i hope you are still looking for players, Please PM me if you are.

Downloads
    Uploads

Im Ready

Hey Im ready, when can we start

Downloads
    Uploads
    if there is room i'd love to get in on this. I am available most nights from 6pm on and on the weekends pretty much all day CST

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast