Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Miniatures Painting Contest...

Downloads
    Uploads

Miniatures Painting Contest...

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    This is a thread in response to a contest idea that was kicked around in the thread about your pictures of minis that you're working on...

The contest would work like so...

I. Participants will be paired off like a tourney bracket...each painter will have (X) amount of time to buy, and paint a mini in the catagory given...at the end of that time, participants will post pictures at various angles so that the entire model and paint job can be seen...judges will then determine the winner of the painting duel...winners will move onto the next stage of the tourney...

II. Each rung of the tourney will have a different theme...so bracket one could be fantasy...bracket two could be sci-fi/steampunk...bracket three monsters...etc...to show the full capability of all painters...

III. If participants need an extention of time, due to unforseen circumstance let a judge know...you should have enough time to finish your mini, but life happens!

IV. Any model considered for submission must be NEW! No dusting off your old Ral Partha...the entry must be photographed and posted new and out of package before you begin...your finished and painted mini must be the one you submitted at the beginning of the bracket...

V. Judges decisions are final...no pandering or begging...its just not cool!

VI. Judges will have a concensus on the winner and contact each other through PM...winners will be posted on the thread when a decision has been made...

Before we begin it would be nice to have at least six to eight participants and at least three judges volunteer...right now, there isn't a prize outside of braggin' rights and showing off your paintbrush quickdraw...but i'll see what i can wrangle with the higher ups...

Interested parties need to post here...if this thing gets off the ground you will be contacted and given the 411...

Good Luck...

Downloads
    Uploads
    i am interested in painting in it.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would love to do some painting, but there is no way I can commit to painting right now, possibly even more than one mini.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like an interesting idea, but I'm not sure I'd be able to commit the time to it.

My life is... interesting these days.
    Hroath G'blon Brack Rothan

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas!