Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: News & Announcements

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

News & Announcements

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Well here we are on our new shiny forum. It’s so clean… too clean! So here I am to give folks some updates.

We recently spun off some time to build a completely new system called Simple 10. It is kind of the counter-culture to games like SEG in that it is so streamlined that it takes only ten pages of rules to get you going. The whole purpose of the system is for casual games, lite on rules, but thick on possibilities.

Beyond that, we are continuing work on our SEG advanced rules. The magic system has taken front stage and we are working on taking the vast and mind-boggling concepts of magic and condensing them into usable and readable rules. Play testing has revealed some more areas to tweak here and there, but we’ve got the structure in place. Now it’s just a bit of tweaking and writing!

Even more, we’ve been working hard on posting some interesting Adventures to help develop the world of Thorin, our custom fantasy setting with more twists and turns than a plate full of curly fries.

Check out the main page for all the latest updates! www.sunderedepoch.org
    Randal Snyder
    Sundered Epoch.org

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Demos and meetups

If anyone is in the St. Petersburg FL area on August 23rd, you may want to consider coming out to our BBQ and demo. The main point is to meet folks and have fun, food, and drinks, and then to add in some educational side dishes...

Randal Snyder (aka me) will be running a 2-4 hour demo of the Sundered Epoch following a D&D style adventure complete with plot, elves, dwarfs, halflings, and humans, and using the rules for magic and conversion from d20 monsters! Fantasy games are often the most complex due to the wide range of topics and abilities characters can have. It is also one of the most popular RPG formats in existence and hense - why we want to prove the system does it, and does it well!

So if you can make it, please message me and I will be glad to give you directions and more details.
    Randal Snyder
    Sundered Epoch.org

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

v3.6 Released

For those of you using the Sundered Epoch: Generations rules, you may be interested in getting the latest version of the rules from the website www.sunderedepoch.org

There are several changes to the system and we included a new Narrator's Guide chapter to help new GMs take on the tasks of running a game. Hopefully our insights prove useful.
    Randal Snyder
    Sundered Epoch.org

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Version 4.0 Released!

http://www.sunderedepoch.org/downloa...1_-_Core_Rules

That day has finally arrived! The Sundered Epoch: Generations - Core Rules v4.0 is now available. And for the first time you can BUY THE BOOK, AT COST! Check out the Downloads page for more information.
    Randal Snyder
    Sundered Epoch.org

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wanted to give folks an update on where things stand. The Sundered Epoch: Generations is in full production and I am working hard to merge it with the Eastside Project setting.

What's new? First off there are a bunch of minor tweaks to the rules - mostly optional rules. But more to the core of the system, I have streamlined the character creation process and added some background information to help define the character a bit more. Specifically, we've added things like personality traits, motivations, and occupation.

To go with the Eastside Project setting, we have included some optional attributes that should be used with the ESP setting. Most of these were included in the core rules so it is not a significant change, but this allowed us a chance to define their use more thoroughly.

And most significantly, we have introduced Magical Abilities. These abilities fit nicely with the magic system and setting and allows players to create any kind of spell caster they can imagine.

Some of you may be wondering, "what is the Eastside Project"? Glad you asked (you did ask right?)! The Eastside Project is a modern conspiracy/horror/fantasy setting that puts players in the middle of secret societies, battling pan-dimensional beasts, and invoking sorcerous powers. In one sense it is an alternate look at history through the idea that secret societies exist within all organizations. It can be taken to any extreme you want from a horror game like Hellraiser to a conspiracy game like X-Files, or even an alternate history plot like Hellboy or Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The base setting really is a playground with lots of ideas and background material to help get your creative juices flowing.

In a one line summary: it is a transdimensional ride through insanity and back again.

Speaking of insanity! As part of this update we have included the guidelines on Sanity, and losing it. We have been working hard to design and include dozens of monsters capable of crushing your puny body and mind. These creatures and the concepts used in Eastside Project really help to illustrate the diverse ways the SEG system can be used.

Once completed, the Eastside Project will include the SEG core rules version 5.0, its own unique and never ending world of adventure, and countless other dimensions to explore. Even incomplete, the book is grossing over 250 pages and we haven't even begun the illustrations and artwork.

Even further we will be releasing optional rules to the web in small PDF documents. These will be compartmentalized between chapters such as character creation, combat, magic, etc.

So while things have been quiet, we are far from idle. Keep an eye out for more updates and previews in the future!
    Randal Snyder
    Sundered Epoch.org

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just yesterday we uploaded a brand new document called "Aliens of the Known Universe". This free document summarizes the species stats for Halo and Star Wars creatures to allow you to use them in your Sundered Epoch: Generations games. We expect to have this document updated fairly frequently as we already have plans to expand this to include Star Trek and Farscape races and we are looking for yet more sources. Everything is possible from video games to movies and even literature and comic books.

As always, its free and available from our website www.SunderedEpoch.org

If you have suggestions or requests, please feel free to message us at SunderedEpoch@hotmail.com
    Randal Snyder
    Sundered Epoch.org

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey all. So I'm back with quite a few updates to some of my docs. Of course they're intended for my game system, Sundered Epoch, but its incredibly easy to convert them over to d20. (multiply Attribute modifiers by x2)

Aliens of the Known Universe - A collection of aliens from Star Wars, Star Trek, Mass Effect, Halo, Farscape, and more. If anyone has requests I can take a crack at it.

Arms & Armour of the Known Realms - Right now this is just a document of medieval armor, but it will grow to include weapons and basic equipment. I'll be adding magic items and other fantasy stuff too.

My next book is going to be Denizens of the Known Realms, a book of fantasy creatures from all over the spectrum.

So anyway, if someone can make use of it great! They're out on my website www.sunderedepoch.org along with the core rules. If anyone has suggestions, requests, or feedback, I'm all ears.

Randal
    Randal Snyder
    Sundered Epoch.org

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Beta play-testing/reviewers needed

This group has always been a great help and I'm hoping it will be once more.

As most of you know I'm writing an RPG, Sundered Epoch: Generations, with the intent of publishing it. The rules are complete and I am at the point where I am moving on to the background world and artwork. In order to continue I am looking for folks who would be willing and able to review the rules, play-test, and provide feedback.

I can't offer payment, but I will credit anyone who participates in the opening cover, and when completed, I will send you a free copy of the system as thanks.

I'll have some questionnaires covering different topics such as clarity of the rules, playability, general feedback and room for improvement. And I hope to get some good, honest feedback and get some conversations going.

To give you an idea of scale, the SEG system is on par with d20 from a rules complexity and scale. The book is currently 285 pages, not counting future artwork and the growing background information. However, I have tried to organize the book in such a way that experienced GMs can begin playing with minimal reading and much of the book is reserved for optional rules to allow you to tweak the system to suit your needs.

If you are interested, I'd love to hear from you! Send me an email at SunderedEpoch @ hotmail.com with the subject Play-test.

Thanks again,
    Randal
    Randal Snyder
    Sundered Epoch.org

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In case you missed it, we have released a beta version of the Sundered Epoch: Generations - No Man's Land for review and playtesting. You can download all of the existing documents here: http://www.scribd.com/my_document_collections/2423015
    Randal Snyder
    Sundered Epoch.org

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Big news! We have just released a preview copy of the Sundered Epoch: Generations Core Rules 5th Edition preview. We decided to release this copy to garner independent reviews, expand play-testing, and to help build the SEG community. To join the conversation and contribute, visit www.SunderedEpoch.org

You can view and download all of the SEG files here:
    http://www.scribd.com/my_document_collections/2423015
    Randal Snyder
    Sundered Epoch.org