Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long has your gaming group been together?

Downloads
    Uploads

How long has your gaming group been together?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    How long has your gaming group been together?

I'm fortunate, I've been gaming in three games that has a core group of player for the last two and half years. I know, before I joined the group several of the members have gamed together for a year, or so, before my arrival. Sure we have had some players, come and go, but the core of us have remained steady. Besides have a consistent game, another great advantage of this has been the development of long term campaigns.

So how long has your group been together?

Downloads
    Uploads
    My core group got together around '94 with the release of Planescape and continued until last year after trying 4e which managed to split the whole group due to it's lack of functionality. And I don't want to hear anyone say I can't blame it on 4e for blah,blah,blah....It's just the facts folks. However I've managed to stir up enough interest for Pathfinder that may bring (most of) them back to the table. So until then I guess that would be 14 years with a core 4 players and another 6 regulars.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have two players that have been with me for 21 years although there have been a few times when one or the other was not able to attend for a few months at a time. During that 21 year span I had another player who was with me for 15 years and a fourth player who drove clear across the county one day a week every week with just a few exceptions for 13 years! All together these four players plus myself had a core group of players that met at least one day a week every week for 13 consecutive years! In addition to this I had a number of other players who were with me for 5 or 6 years I believe. I am quite fortunate in this regard. I doubt there are few out there who can top this. But man I sure miss the good old days.
    "Plan?...There ain't no plan!" - Pigkiller

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Hamblet View Post
    I have two players that have been with me for 21 years although there have been a few times when one or the other was not able to attend for a few months at a time. During that 21 year span I had another player who was with me for 15 years and a fourth player who drove clear across the county one day a week every week with just a few exceptions for 13 years! All together these four players plus myself had a core group of players that met at least one day a week every week for 13 consecutive years! In addition to this I had a number of other players who were with me for 5 or 6 years I believe. I am quite fortunate in this regard. I doubt there are few out there who can top this. But man I sure miss the good old days.
    Driving across the county to play regularly - that's commitment!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Driving across the county to play regularly - that's commitment![/quote]

Agreed, Baldwin. Wish I could find players that committed now. Am I to assume you were the one making this drive? How far and how often?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fortunately, I live in a metropolitan area and there are quiet a few gamers around. I have one gamer that lives about 10 houses away, and two others another that lives 1/2 mile, or so.

We did have a gamer who had to hike (about 20 miles) to get to a game but he eventually moved nearby when he landed a job. He lives about 1/2 mile away now.
    --- Merged from Double Post ---
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Hamblet View Post
    Driving across the county to play regularly - that's commitment!
    Agreed, Baldwin. Wish I could find players that committed now. Am I to assume you were the one making this drive? How far and how often?[/QUOTE]

I was commenting on your player that drove the county to get to the game.
    Last edited by Baldwin Stonewood; 06-13-2009 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Double Post

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Longest gaming group I was with was together 3 years. I played with one particular player for about 6 years, and I'm currently gaming with someone I've played with for 5 years. My current group has been together for about a year and I'm hoping it stays together for quite a while more
    Games: Exalted 2e pre-errata (hiatus), Recruiting for a Sci-Fi/Fantasy game (System TBD) in SF south bay area
    The Dolling Blogs (1, 2, 3 & 4)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Serious Commitment Baby!

I have one group that only meets 4-5 times a year now (though 1-2 times per week initially) that i have been playing with since 1987. My main group has one new player, but i've been gaming with the rest of them since 1992 approx. The third group i'm with, we've been gaming since about 2000.

Incarna; Role-Playing Game System
    www.incarna.net
    Running: 3+ campaigns set in single custom milieu world.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was commenting on your player that drove the county to get to the game.[/quote]

Oops! Sorry, read that wrong.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Define together? I tend to hop around groups alot, we are all still friends and hang out but I might play SR with some guys for a few years then switch to playing Mage with some different guys sometime the groups intermix to play something else.
    Playing: Pathfinder
    Running: infrequent VtM game

"I'm beautifully hideous!" - Sven the Nosferatu

Downloads
    Uploads
    ?!?!?!?!
    What is this mythological thing you speak of? What Mythos does it hail from? A gaming group that stays togther?!?!?!!? I've heard of no such thing in reality.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We're going on two years just playing Shadowrun. I've been in groups that have lasted about the same. Since I've moved 46 times, it's hard to keep groups much longer than that. We just moved again so I dropped out of one of the groups that's farther south.

Carl
    GMing: Shadowrun 4th
    The Denver RPG Group - My Shadowrun Site - My Shadowrun Blog - Shadowrun Mooks
    I also administer the Mosaic and Stained Glass forums if you happen to be artistic

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have to say my current group, though it has a change in membership has been the longest running group, at 5 years. In that time I have only two original members, my wife and another friend.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In nearly 30 years, I've never been with a group for more than three years.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm used to long term groups. Sure we have members that leave and we recruit new ones, but the core of the group usually stays together for quite some time.

The current group that I'm with has a good core that should stay together without much trouble unless someone has to move.

Longest distance travelled to game was when I lived in Miami. Started with that group while attending UofM and continued as long as I lived in Miami, even when I lived in NE Miami and we met in SW Miami. Took me around 45 minutes to get to the game and that was expressway travel for most of the trip.

Longest time I was with a group was with the group that I started gaming with. We were together for about 10 years!
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast