Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Looking for a White Wolf PBP... - Page 3
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking for a White Wolf PBP...

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I think what we can do is set a time table up for getting all of the character information to you...

here's what we need...

first, find out who's interested...there are a few people i know here who maybe on board...

set a timeline for character sheets and character background...

posting schedule...how often...how to handle it...and little things like to we want to have an out of character thread for conversation or use a caption while we post. I think the external thread would be less distracting, but in any case...

Running it is the same as a face-to-face affair...framing the story...etc...but with each player, they would post in character...and that's something we need to establish...is how often to check for posts...so we can keep the game moving...

let us know if you come up with anything else...
    'Justice, like lightning, ever should appear to few men's ruin, but to all men's fear.'

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Fine by me. I will warn everyone now the way I run WoD is different than the way I run D&D and CoC. I tend to go 75% RP/25% combat, as I tend to think that violence for Cainite should be left for minions, frenzies, and last resorts.

As for the dice roller i found this: http://www.umbralechoes.com/WoDRoller.php
    Last edited by deathboy; 06-17-2009 at 07:52 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Fine with me...every time i played White Wolf before, i was thrown out for NOT wanting hack and slash tactics...

next step is to get in touch with farcaster about the PBP forum...and coming up with a name...

any ideas?
    'Justice, like lightning, ever should appear to few men's ruin, but to all men's fear.'

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I will post something on my blog to help everyone find the resources to use.

Downloads
    Uploads
    this sounds interesting.
    bebop

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My input for what its worth is

1. Set it just after the 3rd crusade, around an area that there isnt as much detailed history. Northern Africa, Northern Europe, Eastern Europe, or Western Asia. (I'm personally fond of Northern Europe)

2. Use the auto success rule possibly setting the target numbers lower (I suggest lowering it by 1) and add paper/rock/scissors where only the GM knows what he picked. If we beat the GM we get +2 to our skill if the GM beats us we get -2 to our skill if its a tie then it just stays even.

3. Run Dark Ages Vampire/Mage or Dark Ages Werewolf/Mage, where the party is mostly of the first type but you can have 1 or 2 mages.
    Playing: Pathfinder
    Running: infrequent VtM game

"I'm beautifully hideous!" - Sven the Nosferatu

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Morton for your input. I want to actually avoid cross genre game as it creates more work for everyone on what trumps what. I also don't own the DA:Mage book yet.

I am also a veteran of the R-P-S system and have to say I have been both a victim and offender of said system, thus I will go with a dice roller.

As for time and setting, I am more leaning towards Holy Roman Empire during the War of Princes, but I am willing to see what everyone else wishes to do.

In the end I just need to see how many wish to play and where they want to have their setting for the Story. I will also like to know if there is any concepts they would like to explore while playing and find a way to fit it into the game.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No problem, I wasnt thinking of the MET p/r/s i was thinking of just using it as fudge style dice so you can do better, worse or equal to what you think you would.
    Playing: Pathfinder
    Running: infrequent VtM game

"I'm beautifully hideous!" - Sven the Nosferatu

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok forum in the making... I just dropped Farcaster a pm as I set up the basic title: Darkness at the Crossroads. So please keep an eye out for it if you wish to play.

Also thank you Dark for sending my your basic background and ideas for Clan. I like what I see.

Once we have the Forum up I'll set about a little brainstorming post for you all to look at and such.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

sounds like a plan my man!
    "Hey wich one of you punks stole Dr.Rockso's banana?"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For anyone interested in playing. I created a Social Group called Darkness at the Crossroads. Join up and join the discussion on brainstorming. I will be hoping to start game sometime in July.

Thanks,
    deathboy

*Edit: Forum is up as well now.
    Last edited by deathboy; 06-21-2009 at 04:49 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123